Sign in to follow this  
Lewis DW

Canos

It is what it is, as supporters all you can do is support.

Or whinge.

Or a bit of both.

Shouldn''t the question be why waste a limited budget on Canos when we had Jarvis & the Murphy, with an eye to buying Pritchard.

Why not use the money on another CB where it was needed!

So who bought Canos and why is the whinge required.

Getting back to Canos, people who have watched him play for the youth team say they can see exactly why he isn''t getting in the first team.

There is no mystery here, he''s just not playing well enough to earn a place.

Expanding on some of the things Morty has said.

Sometimes I think people make statements without knowing the full facts and often statements see generally largely ill-informed. I see that one poster has used Turner getting a new contract as one of his grounds to criticise AN.

Turner''s extension was actually triggered when we won promotion in 2015. Therefore it was negotiated and agreed before AN was even at the club.

I''m not convinced we will let Canos go, certainly if there is any truth in the amount of interest being shown in Jacob, if bot Brady and Jacob go this window then the path for Canos could be a bit clearer.

I think it''s obvious, well it is to me, that Canos was bought for possible potential and / or future profit, as opposed to being an immediate first team starter

is it better to moan about the club or about the fans moaning about the club?

If you put a moaner in a dark room, is everyone happy?

[quote user="morty"]Getting back to Canos, people who have watched him play for the youth team say they can see exactly why he isn''t getting in the first team.

There is no mystery here, he''s just not playing well enough to earn a place.[/quote]

People who have watched him play for Brentford, and in the cup game against Coventry say they can''t see why he isn''t getting in the first team.

Stop being typically simple Morty.

You can''t write off the players capabilities as he isn''t performing for the youth team.

He came to play first team football. He''s ready, he proved that last year. He''s more than likely disillusioned and unmotivated playing youth football.

In pre-season and in a couple of the cup games whilst trying to impress, he looked really good. AN has''t given him an opportunity.

Didn''t he play earlier in the season and was quite poor?

So to say he "hasn''t had a chance" is a bit unfair IMO.

Must admit, contrary to quite a few on here, I thought he was average when he did play and absolutely no problem with playing (either) Murphy ahead of him.

The not playing for the under 23''s or getting a place on the bench for cup games when Murphy is being rested is a bit more difficult to understand though.

Selling would be a shame in my opinion as he has potential but maybe a loan wouldn''t do him any harm and help get some confidence back as he must feel pretty low at not featuring at all.

He''s had one start in the league, hardly much of a chance. I was at the game (Birmingham away) and he was decent. Nothing stunning but he didn''t look bad enough to be totally frozen out, especially considering the run we went on.

On the face of it, I would agree. But then neither of us actually know what goes on behind the scenes.

Neil has dropped a lot of players from the squad this season at times (including his apparent "favourites"), so I don''t think Canos has been particularly singled out.

There are numerous reasons as to why he''s not featured (even for the U23) - perhaps he''s struggling to settle in the area affecting his form, frustrated, not training hard enough etc. etc. What I *would* hate to see happen is for Neil to drop other players from the squad (e.g. one or both of the Murphy) simply to fit in a relatively expensive signing. There''s obviously a problem somewhere along the line, but people constantly putting the most negative spin on things possible to suit their bias against the manager, especially when they have no idea of what is actually happening behind closed doors.

Hopefully he goes out on loan, gets his head down, and gets his chance.

For the record, I don''t think I know more than the manager (that would be slightly insane), nor do I dislike Alex Neil in the slightest - infact, it couldn''t be any further from the truth, despite some doubts and disappointment over recent results which I would say literally every NCFC supporter has had (which is natural when the losses start racking up beyond 5 or 6 games), I would say I''m one of the few that is backing him to come through this difficult patch successfully, and I really hope he does as I have a great deal of respect for Alex. Doesn''t change the fact that the deafening silence regarding Sergi''s omission was sure to get supporters talking, and actual clarification today from Alex, which we''ve now got beyond a single sentence, was all that most of us wanted I would say 👍

The other factor to take into account is just because someone trains bad doesn''t mean they play bad. I think a certain G Holt is well known as being a diabolical trainer but always brought his A game to the pitch.

The best thing for Canos right now is a loan move to a Championship club, just not a play-off rival as that would be almost as stupid as the Bassong - Watford move.

I think an isolated case such as Canos'' can easily be discarded as some form of player issue, whether it be him struggling to settle down, an attitude problem etc etc. However, this is not an isolated case and given the sheer frequency of odd goings-on over the course of this season, I can''t help but think that it may be AN who is the common denominator for these inconsistencies and confusions - and not the players.

This opinion has been compounded by the snide remarks AN has come out with in his interviews. If I were a player I would not be happy with some of his comments - which I think can be evidenced in the tweets of Ryan Bennett and Kyle Lafferty directly following the AGM.

Having now read AN''s interview about Canos, I''d still question why he has now been dropped from the under-23 squad as well, and why he didn''t make the squad for the cup game? I absolutely forgive his lack of opportunity for Jacob Murphy in the first team - but I was never disputing that. He is a 19 year old who had been on the fringes of the starting-11 at the start of the season and now finds himself completely isolated from the first team, without any opportunity in the cup to prove himself and now dropped from the development squad too.. it still seems a tad on the harsh side to me!

morty wrote:

''''It is what it is, as supporters all you can do is support.

Or whinge.

Or a bit of both. ''''

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I''ll take ''a bit of both''..

And what is the criteria for whinging? Is it different to debating concerns you have for the team and manager?

P.s please consider my former whingy rant to be in response to your post - rather than a direct moan at the club..

[quote user="Hank shoots Skyler"]I think an isolated case such as Canos'' can easily be discarded as some form of player issue, whether it be him struggling to settle down, an attitude problem etc etc. However, this is not an isolated case and given the sheer frequency of odd goings-on over the course of this season, I can''t help but think that it may be AN who is the common denominator for these inconsistencies and confusions - and not the players.

This opinion has been compounded by the snide remarks AN has come out with in his interviews. If I were a player I would not be happy with some of his comments - which I think can be evidenced in the tweets of Ryan Bennett and Kyle Lafferty directly following the AGM.

Having now read AN''s interview about Canos, I''d still question why he has now been dropped from the under-23 squad as well, and why he didn''t make the squad for the cup game? I absolutely forgive his lack of opportunity for Jacob Murphy in the first team - but I was never disputing that. He is a 19 year old who had been on the fringes of the starting-11 at the start of the season and now finds himself completely isolated from the first team, without any opportunity in the cup to prove himself and now dropped from the development squad too.. it still seems a tad on the harsh side to me![/quote]

Absolutely.

Neil''s comments don''t stack up and even he has said previously that Jacob needs a rest. He''s had a good season but there''s been plenty of times when people were calling for him to have a break.

With Jarvis injured and most of our players hardly covering themselves with glory, I find it bizarre he''s not even appeared on the bench. But then he did the same with Lafferty.

[quote user="ZLF"]is it better to moan about the club or about the fans moaning about the club?

If you put a moaner in a dark room, is everyone happy?[/quote]If a moaner moans on a thread and no one replies, is it a whinge?

Hank and Clint, I would totally agree that it still doesn''t quite answer why he''s not even making the bench for either U23''s or FA Cup thus far. As far as I know, Jacob doesn''t play U23 football, so whereas I''m happy with AN''s explanation re first team opportunities, in all honesty, you can''t help but think there''s a touch more to it. That''s not a dig at AN or anything, I''m just approaching it with logic if that''s ok 😉