Sign in to follow this  
Lewis DW

Brady or Snodgrass

If you were a PL club looking for a wide/attacking midfielder in the January Sales - why would you pay £10million+ for Robbie Brady over Robert Snodgrass...

A fan or him or not, Snodgrass''s record this season is very impressive. Something like 7 goals and several assists in a poor, bare-bones Hull team.

Snodgrass will probably go for £6-£8million in the end, which brings me to my initial question, why would you go for hot and cold Brady over RS?

Snodgrass can play on either side. If I am right, I believe he''s a left footer who opts for the right hand side. He used to cut in on his left all the time.

Brady is a lb lwb and lm. Snodgrass is just a rm. Plus Brady is a lot younger. Palace West ham etc.. see the added bonus of Brady playing anywhere on the left as a massive bonus.

If you get the Brady playing for rep Ireland & 1st 6months when he joined us, then you have one hell of a talent. AN can''t get the best out of him for some reason, so we should sell to the highest bidder from the premier league and reinvest what we can.

[quote user="lappinitup"]I''m going to wait for Lakey''s unbiased and balanced opinion before I decide. [8-)][/quote]

Brady. Don''t think he''s been at the top of his form this season, for whatever reason, but if both at their best, I would choose Brady.  Brady has pace -  Snoddy....err.....doesn''t.

[quote user="hogesar"]Oh yeah, forgot the only attribute in football was pace. Cheers.[/quote]Ok pace and desire to help the team. Witness his pathetic turning his back on an opposition winger to allow a free cross and equaliser the other week, costing his team two points.

[quote user="lappinitup"]I''m going to wait for Lakey''s unbiased and balanced opinion before I decide. [8-)][/quote]Now that you''ve had LDC''s unbiased and balanced opinion Lapps, have you decided...........I can''t make up my mind![;)]

Lol, LDC, normally I think you get stick unnecessarily on this board, but you don''t help yourself!

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="lappinitup"]I''m going to wait for Lakey''s unbiased and balanced opinion before I decide. [8-)][/quote]Now that you''ve had LDC''s unbiased and balanced opinion Lapps, have you decided...........I can''t make up my mind![;)][/quote]Yeah,he didn''t mention goals and assists which have to be taken into the equation.......Nor did he mention Chris Hughton, Steve Bruce, Gordon Strachan and Rafa Benitez who apparently wants to sign him.Dunt they no nuthin? [;)]

Again LDC, that would have more credit if it wasn''t for the fact

1) Brady''s tracking back this season has been terrible

2) Snodgrass has more goals and assists in the prem this season than Brady has in the champs.

3) You''re selecting out Snodgrass and blaming him individually for costing the team 2 points but you''ve constantly stressed how much of a team game football is and how the team is all in it together etc.

You contradicting buffoon.

[quote user="hogesar"]Again LDC, that would have more credit if it wasn''t for the fact

1) Brady''s tracking back this season has been terrible

2) Snodgrass has more goals and assists in the prem this season than Brady has in the champs.

3) You''re selecting out Snodgrass and blaming him individually for costing the team 2 points but you''ve constantly stressed how much of a team game football is and how the team is all in it together etc.

You contradicting buffoon.[/quote]

Lol. Yet again the misplaced ridicule but -  1 - Brady has more about him defensively than Snodgrass will ever have.2 - I''ll give you that, but then Brady isn''t an out and out attacker like Snodgrass makes himself - usually at the expense of others. 3 - Snodgrass let his team down at an important time in the match, end of.  A team is eleven players, not ten plus Snodgrass, or for that matter ten plus Brady.  In fact from what I''ve seen this season, I wouldn''t think we will miss Brady that much if he goes, but I''d still rather have him in the team than Snoddy.

[quote user="Ian"]Lol, LDC, normally I think you get stick unnecessarily on this board, but you don''t help yourself![/quote][H] Yes, this Snoddy thing has gone a bit too far, I know, but it''s tongue in cheek now.....from me, anyway.  But that doesn''t mean the underlying criticism I had for his role at Norwich has changed.......

Brady.

Snodgrass is out for himself. Jez wouldn''t have him anyway - he''s all about he team and not interested in individuals trying to be big charlies.

Snodgrass.

Made me laugh when I saw that Brady was "on the radar" of Premier League clubs; when we''re defending you''d quite often need radar to locate him.

Brady for me, almost exclusively down to age.

No he hasnt been sparkling (like all bar the portuguese contingent) and his season has been underwhelming, but nor has he been anywhere near as awful as painted. Expectations not being met is perhaps the problem. Def one for us to sell this Jan though.

As a bit of balance no city player has won more tackles than Brady and of those making more than 5 appearances only Mulumbu has won more per game. Pinto comes closest overall. All that tells us is that while he has appeared to lack commitment he has still appeared on the radar more than every other squad member.

Although they''ve got different attributes I actually rate them roughly the same. (Except at taking free kicks of course).

Really is about time you scored one for us Mr Brady!