Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Apology over Cup pricing and now offering free Coach travel to replay

Morty

Have a feeling you are related to a member of the BOD or love child of Stephen Fry as whatever Delia Jez etc do you can never find anything wrong with their decisions

PS Flying home from America????

Rather suits the club I''d say to make out the small crowd was entirely down to their "pricing error." Not the main reason people stayed away in my view but to acknowledge those main reasons would involve board members taking their heads out of the sand.

Not at all Daly, I''m just not a slavering canary caller, and whilst I know the club gets things wrong, I have the ability to recognise that they get a lot of things right too.

Yes I am in Houston airport waiting on a flight to Amsterdam.

They have that Internet thing everywhere these days.

No problem Morty not disputing where you are, thought you were going to see game last Sat

Just heard that to settle all the arguments, the club are offering free coach travel there but if you didn''t go to the first game, you have to find your own way home.

If you did you will also be entered into the Northern Ireland The Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) scheme.

I think what has really prompted this is the thought of a lucrative home tie with ArsenalBus down as many as possible, and hope their support can sway the match in City''s favourAnd behind this cunning plan, Cruella Develia herselfJust so can rub shoulders with Arsene Wonger

[quote user="morty"]And the plane has WiFi.

What a time to be alive.[/quote]

Hope you are flying with an airline that don''t rip you off on the Wi-Fi charge

[quote user="morty"]Maybe Jez should go round everyone''s house and apologise in person?[/quote]

Not at all Morty, that''s just a stupid suggestion.

Was merely making a point, stating my point of view, and inviting constructive comments from other, sensible posters.

Just remembered why I rarely post on here.

[quote user="komakino"]The apology - which has Ed Balls written all over it - still uses weasly words as it tried to justify the pricing to obtain the best possible squad - this lot have p*ssed money up the wall and couldn''t make the best use of resources if they tried.

The apology was late and weak. The club took the fans for granted and thought a low gate would never happen - but it did.

Can the make the same mistake again?[/quote]

Komakino, I was going to ask if you''re Daly, as I thought I recognised the same constant sniping at our - (now) unpaid - chairman, but you are probably even more miserable than him. Which makes sense if you''re named after a Joy Division song I guess (I used to have the flexi disk, but long lost now).

Who made the decision in the first place ? It is a really weird atmosphere at the moment about half of the fans have totally lost faith in the board and their decision-making with the other half loyalish or hoping things will come good. I think the season ticket sales could be very interesting have a silly rise and there could be a lot of spare tickets next season

I shan''t be taking up the free trip. Perhaps someone who boycotted would like to go in my place. I wouldn''t feel short changed and if I could choose a beneficiary it would be my buddy Jimbo for his honesty on this thread. £25 was a lot. I''d have rathered it was £20, £15, £10, £5 or even free. But I enjoyed the game from a seat far better than the one I paid £25 for each and every game last season. 

Nice to know part of mine and her who must be obeyed addmission fee will go toward the great unwashed to be able to travel free in lux to replay at soton.Maybe better had the club grown a pair and admit they got it wholely wrong and maybe refunded half the addmission price to those who went last saturday to the 2-2 draw.work commitments mean not able to go.

dave2571 gets it.

I think the club have got this wrong (again), yes it is a gesture but one that may alienate more fans than it befriends. It makes you wonder who thinks some of this stuff through.

Nothing stopping them doing foc travel to S''ton but as a genuine thank you to fans, not linked to compensation for last Saturday, they could have done something else to apologise for that so all who attended benefitted, not a few, and no doubt some, who didn''t even attend.

lovely gesture but all it does is reduce the overall budget. Do we want to invest in the squad or want the club to be a charity for the "fans"?

Do you think the travelling fans who didn''t go on Saturday could offer the free travel back similar to the way some didn''t claim the rebate in 2009 Zip? We could maybe get another Grant Holt....

But Ray, I think the apology isn''t aimed at those who went on Saturday. It''s a general apology for not understanding the fans or whatever you want to call it. The apology is fine without doing anything on top of that - people can either take it or leave it.

I didn''t go to the home fixture and I can''t make the replay. But I respect the club for coming out and admitting getting it wrong and think the free travel offer is a nice gesture.

hogesar,

Agree with all you''ve said, however, what worries me more is the fact that they pretty much knew what the attendance would be a week or so before the game. So, if they felt ''corrective'' action was required, why didn''t they take it before the match. I wonder what they would have done had we lost, or indeed won.

As you say, maybe just apologise and do not link that with the FOC travel.

Still, you can''t please all the people all the time, etc.

[quote user="greavsy"]Whilst I applaud and appreciate the gesture from the club I feel its a little too late, and targeting the wrong audience.

There was so much bad press about the prices, from the moment they were announced, so surely the club knew the fans feelings from the outset.

Yes I chose to pay the £25 of my own free will. but if they are now apologising, and admitting they got it wrong, then surely that apology and any accompanying gesture should go to the people affected.

I accept that some people didn''t go, because of the high price, but its the club who have missed out on their support, revenue from the programs / kiosks etc.

A nice but slightly hollow gesture from the club in my opinion, as look at the number of people who paid the full £25 compared to the number who will take advantage of the free coaches, for a midweek match?[/quote]

The people who paid £25 were happy to do so. That''s why they were there. I wasn''t happy so didn''t go.

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Surely the people who paid the £25 should be the beneficiary. I expect most of the supporters who will travel were not there on Sat.[/quote]

Why? They weren''t forced to pay it. The people who really suffered were those who didn''t go because of the ridiculous pricing.

[quote user="ZLF"]lovely gesture but all it does is reduce the overall budget. Do we want to invest in the squad or want the club to be a charity for the "fans"?[/quote]

We certainly don''t want it to be a charity for the directors!

£1,351,000 for a resigning CEO, £90K for the Dancing Queen for a few weeks "executive" work and not to mention free sponsorship for the Coffee Shop. Well and truly roasted!

[quote user="morty"]Are we really still moaning about this?[/quote]

I think some might refer to it as free speech and informed discussion.

I''m seeing more moaning, to be honest.

Club misjudged prices, made gesture to make amends.

The end.