Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Apology over Cup pricing and now offering free Coach travel to replay

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/norwich-city-southampton-ticket-prices-3511370.aspx

Sorry, thought the link had been put on the last post.

The club could have rectified the error by reducing tickets upon the initial negative feedback on the price. That way we would have actually got a better crowd and you assume a better profit on the day. Awful management of the whole affair. Will be interesting to see season ticket prices.

The apology - which has Ed Balls written all over it - still uses weasly words as it tried to justify the pricing to obtain the best possible squad - this lot have p*ssed money up the wall and couldn''t make the best use of resources if they tried.

The apology was late and weak. The club took the fans for granted and thought a low gate would never happen - but it did.

Can the make the same mistake again?

A step in the right direction, but a bit like having a red card rescinded, the damage was done on the day and that cannot be undone.

However, whist a welcome gesture, it doesn''t compensate the thousands who paid the £25 last Saturday, who will not be going to S''ton, in fact it is possible that some who take advantage didn''t even fork out for last Saturday, so in effect they will be receiving someone else''s compensation.

Personally, I would rather they agreed to give £10 for every home ticket sold from last Saturday to various charities.

Nice of them to say they got it wrong.

The free travel does not really offer much to the average fan as many wont be able to go due to work commitments etc.

The only proof that the club have learnt from this sorry mess is when they next have to price a cup game and the impending (far too early by the way) Season ticket renewals, which I fear may be on the rise against despite being the most expensive in the Championship.

Get that hogesar,

But why should those who chose not to pay the £25 receive a form of compensation, hence my suggestion of a charitable donation.

This is not a reaction to fans protests - but to the media bashing they got. If no-one on TV (i.e. Dion) had commented then no gesture would have been made.

The fact non-attendance was drawn to media attention probably meant that the chances of a future TV fixture would have been significantly downgraded (Cardiff can probably get away with it given they are in the capital of Wales). The club (Moxey!) are hoping this gesture will be seen as job done by the media people, so they are back in the running for another couple of matches soon enough.

I don''t reckon Dion will be invited to the Carra for a while though.

Not sure I''m buying the conspiracy theory about TV coverage etc.

For me this is a good gesture, and a public recognition that they got it wrong is also pleasing to see.

I felt really uncomfortable boycotting the game, listening to a home game on the radio felt wrong, but if it has sent a message and somebody has listened then that''s all good.

[quote user="hogesar"]But the thousands that paid £25 CHOSE to pay the £25, why should they be refunded?[/quote]To allow those who chose not to pay the £25 feel better a little about themselves? [6] [;)]

Let''s see how charitable they are when it comes down to announcing season ticket prices. I doubt too many applauding this gesture will somehow feel the same! Particularly bad management from Moxey and Co.

Whilst I applaud and appreciate the gesture from the club I feel its a little too late, and targeting the wrong audience.

There was so much bad press about the prices, from the moment they were announced, so surely the club knew the fans feelings from the outset.

Yes I chose to pay the £25 of my own free will. but if they are now apologising, and admitting they got it wrong, then surely that apology and any accompanying gesture should go to the people affected.

I accept that some people didn''t go, because of the high price, but its the club who have missed out on their support, revenue from the programs / kiosks etc.

A nice but slightly hollow gesture from the club in my opinion, as look at the number of people who paid the full £25 compared to the number who will take advantage of the free coaches, for a midweek match?

End of the day they are giving you the opportunity to be chauffer driven, free of charge, to a very cheap football game against Premiership opposition.

Yeah it doesn''t make everything better but they didn''t have to do it. After a bit if whingeing about the pricing of the home game, it probably would have blown over pretty soon.

I reckon they could easily get 2000 travelling to this.

Not the first PR gaff the Club have committed over the last few months. This one got the most publicity though, I think the graphic showing that only Chelsea and Man Utd were more expensive that I saw on TV would have clinched it.

Particularly as the almost inevitable ST price rise can''t be far away.

All this will come good when we beat Southampton and the supporters who paid £25 for last Saturday''s game are offered the same seat against Arsenal for £15. Job''s a good un[Y]

Surely the people who paid the £25 should be the beneficiary. I expect most of the supporters who will travel were not there on Sat.

[quote user="morty"]What else do you expect the club to do, to make amends though?[/quote]

If the club is serious about making amends within the scope of the bigger picture of multiple failings at Norwich City then the Board should resign immediately, and before they go, remove the clause in the manager''s contract that states he must get knocked out of the cups. After all, that is the real reason they are offering free travel. They expect, nay, MUST lose the replay.

[quote user="morty"]What else do you expect the club to do, to make amends though?[/quote]I stayed away for the match, but I''m sure some of us exiles went to the match. This means they don''t take the coach so get no benefit of the free offer. A better way would have been to make up a list of all those that paid the £25 and went to the match then make them an offer. 

[quote user="morty"]What else do you expect the club to do, to make amends though?[/quote]

They know who went and what they paid etc, so they could speak directly to them, and agree something.

Talking of which I''ve emailed the club my thoughts today,candidate just had a phone call to discuss.

Excellent customer service.