Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

White flag over Carrow Road

Erm, we''ve sold players before and yet I believe that we still have quite a large number of ST holders-not sure what point you are trying to make?

I''ve read £8 million and I''ve also seen £12 million written, how much do we actually need to generate before we can buy?

Depends on who wants to leave, who we want to leave and who other clubs want, and what they will pay for themThere''s no figure that has to be metIt will be what suits best and is possible.

I am a season ticket holder, and I will renew as I have done for many years, but with different levels of enthusiasm, this year is very much towards the lower end.

[quote user="dj11"]I am a season ticket holder, and I will renew as I have done for many years, but with different levels of enthusiasm, this year is very much towards the lower end.[/quote]

They should put a new box on the renewel form.''Please state your level of enthusiasm'',Then they could publish the results and maybe issue a special hat depending on your answer. [:)]

[quote user="morty"]Are you a season ticket holder?[/quote]

Yes Morty since the 1960''s , my point was about the possible thousands who are totally pi...ed off with how the club is being run at the moment. If they get the pricing wrong and continue to shout " promotion, promotion, promotion " at us then sell the only LB at the club for a pittance.

Still I''ll be there as usual, what else can you do on a Sat afternoon.

[quote user="morty"]Are you a season ticket holder?[/quote]

Yes Morty since the 1960''s , my point was about the possible thousands who are totally pi...ed off with how the club is being run at the moment. If they get the pricing wrong and continue to shout " promotion, promotion, promotion " at us then sell the only LB at the club for a pittance.

Still I''ll be there as usual, what else can you do on a Sat afternoon.

To be perfectly honest, my reluctance to renew this year doesn''t really have anything to do with the league position. I became a season ticket-holder a few seasons before our first playoff foray and absolutely loved it back then. I don''t really follow Norwich because they could become a Premier League team and establish themselves there or because they are chasing Championship promotion. I support them because they are my local club and have always been run in a way that I could be proud of. Even when Donkey Doncaster was spaffing things up on the pitch they still promoted a family ethos. I only became a season ticket holder because it was something ridiculous like £21 for an under 12, providing it was purchased with an adult ticket. Their family-night football evenings were a hoot and the club essentially became an integral part of my childhood. We tended to give our yoof teamers a decent stab at it, didn''t join in with the sack-a-manager-a-week games other clubs did and had Delia and Michael who, despite their limitations, are genuinely decent people.

In recent seasons I''ve become less proud of the club. I won''t be taking my kids anytime soon. The FA Cup tickets highlighted the shift the club has undertaken in its attitude towards fans. We are consumers who must have every available penny wrung from us. The new home and away shirt every 12 months. The above-inflation increases in in-ground food and drink. The decrease in quality (Pukka Pies v Hollands? No contest) despite said increase. The club''s hounding of that micro-brewery who used a canary or something similar.

We used to be a family club. We''re morphing into a typical, valueless corporation. I''m not sure I was to drop £500 into such an establishment. I''m also less desperate to see an establishment like that succeed, which means I''m less ecstatic at our victories and less devastated by our defeats. They don''t care about me anymore, I care less about them.

I probably will renew next month. I used to walk out of the club shop having done so with a spring in my step and a smile on my face. I will now walk away begrudgingly, wondering whether I have done the right thing whilst imagining all the other things I could have spent £500 (or whatever amount Moxey increases it to) on.

[quote user="CANARYKING"]How the hell they hope to sell season tickets with players being sold God only knows.[/quote]Yes, many folk on here forget the Fer fiasco, the Snograss slowdown and most memorably the Johnson kneeJerkAll of which saw a massive downturn in reasoned posts, and any number of closet binners filling the forum with the rural witterings predicting doom and gloom.Yet here we are, wealthier than we have have been, debt free, a cracking youth set up, some great promising signings coming through (U23''s tonight) and playing in front of full house week after week..... and we are in freefall.Back in your box binboy is my message to you

Most people will replace their season ticket regardless of what happens with transfers. Let''s judge after the window and not before. If Olsson leaves it might create more movement in the window. At the end of the day if he doesn''t want to be here we should let him go. 5 million is a bit low for me for a fully fledged international at a prime age but that could just be the upfront amount.

No, it''s usually the figure that was guessed at originally and the rest simply regurgitate it.The figures are usually not only wide of the mark, but don''t explain what they cover.Still, it does allow the ''not too bright'' something to focus on.