Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Ruddy or McGovern

Rumours of Ruddy going. Who would you prefer to stay: Ruddy or McGovern

Would hate to see Ruddy go and be left with McGovern!

Ruddy is by far a better keeper than McGovern.

Personally think Rudd is a better keeper than McGovern.

It''s obvious that McGovern is going to be No.1 eventually. He didn''t turn down the chance to be a No.2 at prem sides to be a No.2 at a champ side.

We tried to ship out Ruddy to Sunderland in august but it didn''t happen.

Ruddy is out if contract this summer and I can imagine he earns a decent wage here so think he will either be sold this window or let go in the summer. Just like most of the other high earners whose contracts expire this summer.

McGovern was always bought in as number 2 and so it should stay that way. Ruddy is a very good keeper albeit not as good as he once was.

No, but that''s coincided with an incredibly nervous defence. I''ve never thought McGovern offered much. Decent shot stopper but no presence, sticks to his line far too often for crosses, doesn''t organise, not a particularly good kicker and can''t throw.

[quote user="hogesar"]No, but that''s coincided with an incredibly nervous defence. I''ve never thought McGovern offered much. Decent shot stopper but no presence, sticks to his line far too often for crosses, doesn''t organise, not a particularly good kicker and can''t throw.[/quote]Whilst I don''t entirely disagree, there was a time earlier in the season when most were happy to choose McGovern over Ruddy.I honestly think we could do with replacing both, though thats not practical.

mcgovern played all post ruddy injury (2 games, undefeated) until mid nov - when was this very very shakey patch, was it last season?

McGovern is a much better shot stopper (in that he actually can save low shots whereas Ruddy seems to struggle to get down quick enough) but I have to say I''ve changed my mind from earlier in the season and feel that we look much more solid and composed with Ruddy in goal so would keep him over McGovern. I just think with McGovern we look even more shaky from crosses and am not convinced the defenders completely trust him.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="hogesar"]No, but that''s coincided with an incredibly nervous defence. I''ve never thought McGovern offered much. Decent shot stopper but no presence, sticks to his line far too often for crosses, doesn''t organise, not a particularly good kicker and can''t throw.[/quote]Whilst I don''t entirely disagree, there was a time earlier in the season when most were happy to choose McGovern over Ruddy.I honestly think we could do with replacing both, though thats not practical.[/quote]
Yeah, at one point most people preferred McGovern but I never did - I don''t remember him holding any shot unless it was straight at him. Ruddy certainly doesn''t need replacing at Championship level.

Ruddy for all his faults is much better than Mcgovern, who is very average - Let''s be honest if AN hadn''t managed him previously, there''s no way we would have bought him. (Yes he played well at the Euros but no other club was interested in him).

Both Ruddy and Rudd are significantly better, although we really need to either have scouts out looking for a long-term replacement No.1 or invest heavily and strategically in one of our youth keepers as none of our current lot are really good enough for the Premier League.

If AN thought McGovern was really that good/better than Ruddy then surely he''d have signed him last season.

He judged the Ruddy/Rudd situation wrong last season and did the same again with Ruddy/McGovern this season.