Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Guess The Gate

That doesn''t read right!
I mean could you all confirm on this thread now that you will be available to make the selections on the Friday evening before your games. 

[quote user="The Raptor"]Nutty Nigel |I''m not exactly sure whatI have to do but if it''s to raise money for a good course I''ll do it![/quote]
You''ll be fine buddy. The PUPs will all help you. Van Wink did it for todays game. Just have a look at the Rays Funds thread. Ask as many things as you like.

Thanks Raptor. You don''t need to pick any games. We just need you to select from the suggestions made for the Norwich game like Van Wink did this week.

Crabby. I''ll take it! You can have Villa away. ☺

Cardiff V Fulham on BBC Wales (Sky 953).This fits the category of name the crowd. At the start of the game they didn''t read out the teams they let the crowd introduce themselves.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Took me ages to go through this lot!!

Fantastic that 64 of you had a guess. That''s brilliant and because of that, and because I want to get into our anonymous benefactotor''s good books, I''m going to give the closest five the prize of having a go at the final selections for the Norwich game on Rays Funds. I already have the money I just need you five to select the best options to try and add to the pot for the Norwich City Downes Syndrome football team. Van Wink did that very thing this week and added a tenner to the pot which currently stands at £1403. All raised since last April! So here are those five winners along with the dates you get to make those picks: -
Norfolkngood     12400   79   out    4th Feb Cardiff a
The Raptor           12345   134 out    18th Feb Burton a
Snake Eyes           12345   134 out    25th Feb Ipswich h
Syteanric               12708   229 out    4th Mar Sheffield Wed a
AJ                          12204   275 out.   11th Mar Blackburn h
Felixfan                 12775   296  out    18th Mar Barnsley h
Apologies if I missed someone else who was within 300 either way. If so please post and I will add you to the prize winners.
All I ask is that you confirm on here that you will be available to make the selections on the Friday evening before your game.
Well done everyone[Y]
[/quote]
Rays Funds (The Norwich Game)
Congratulations you six lucky winners! Thanks to our anonymous benefactor you guys have £10 to spend on the Norwich City game on the weeks listed above. The Rays Funds thread is posted on the Wednesday before your game. The PUPs will make suggestions for you to consider. Then on the Friday evening you get to choose from their suggestions and your own.
You can spend the tenner in it''s entirety on a solitary selections or split up into many different selections.
For instance if Norwich are at home to Ipswich. You think they''re nailed on to win so you might choose to put the whole £10 on Norwich to win the match. That''s fine.
Equally you might fancy 10 different suggestions and put £1 on each. For example : -
Norwich to win
Ipswich to win
Both teams to score
Jerome first goal scorer
3-1 correct score
Over 2.5 goals
0-0 correct score
Howson to score anytime
Norwich HT / Norwich FT
Draw HT / Norwich FT
Again this is fine. Remember EVERY selection doesn''t have to come up, the £10 has been donated and ANY return will all go to the Norwich City Downes Syndrome Football Team. So feel free to cover all angles and guarantee a return if you want or go for glory and try a long shot. The choice is yours, it''s your tenner to spend and you will no criticism, only support, from all the other PUPs on the thread.
This is what Van Wink selected for this week''s game : -
[quote user="VanWink"]Evening all, thanks for the invitation to pick for the Norwich game Nigel, it''s been a tough one coming up with some selections but with the help of the PUPs here they are:  
£1 Norwich to win 
£1 Ryan Bennet to score anytime 
£3 Both teams to score no draw
£5 over 2.5 goals. 
Hoping for a few goals and a City win. Good luck everyone.[/quote]
I thought that was a great strategy. He won a tenner but was close to more.
Rays funds allows us to have some fun together while doing a bit of good to a great cause. So please enjoy your time with us. I hope we end up with some of you joining us more often.
Here''s my favourite picture from the last year. It shows our DS boys and girls at London Stadium with Michael Owen. They were there to help celebrate the launch of the Premier League and BT Sport disability intiative : -
Image may contain: 7 people, people smiling, crowd and outdoor