Sign in to follow this  
Donkey dangler

Whittaker - does he deserve another year

Will the club take up the option of another year on Whittaker''s contract?

That superb display at Birmingham must give us hope that he can play at left back for the rest of the season.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Yes. We couldn''t replace him with better for the cost of another year.

No brainer.[/quote]^^^This.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Yes. We couldn''t replace him with better for the cost of another year.

No brainer.[/quote]sums it upa yes from me

Yes, definitely, he''s the best left-back we''ve ever had.He reminds me of Roberto Carlos.

Solid professional with international experience who hasn''t let himself go despite not getting first team action. Why wouldn''t we, provided he is happy to stay?

I fear that another contract is just what will happen. Save money and have him as back up to Toffolo next season. Probably do the same with Turner. Prudence with(out) ambition and all that.

If as seems likely next season will be a season in the Chumps then yes.

I have always thought him better than most on here in any case, but he is versatile and will cause Championship defences problems, although Championship attackers might well expose his lack of pace on occasions.

To be fair Whittaker may want to move on for some regular first team action. He would probably be a starting right back for most midtable championship sides.

Some players improve for being frozen out. Lapps even became royalty. Whitts is a better fullback than The King of Spain. Go figure...