Sign in to follow this  
morty

Graham Taylor.

Ex England and Villa manager has sadly passed away, confirmed by his agent.Blimey, don''t think he was very old?

Did wonders with Watford but his international career was possibly a step too far, eg deploying Carlton Palmer as a right winger (if memory serves).

Good pundit too though.

Bit of a shock that, especially at his age.

I always liked him on a personal level. Always seemed to have a smile on his face, especially when he moved into punditry.

RIP

Rubbish England manager, but that''s hardly unusual & nothing to do with him as a person, where as far as you could tell he was an extremely likeable chap.

This is also bad news on a purely personal level, it''s getting scarier by the day. No man is an island. Tick tock.

Very sad news-I started getting into football at the same time as GT took over at Watford, and my nan bought Season Tickets for me, my brother and 2 cousins for a few seasons-we saw Watford rise from Division 4 to Division 1-it''s possible that I''ve still seen more Watford games than Norwich ones!

He also gave talks at our school a couple of times and seemed to be a very honest and likeable bloke, and was obviously still very highly thought of in the Watford area.

RIP

A sad loss indeed. Always came over as a really good bloke and his career as a club manager was exceptionally successful. He first became a manager at the age of 27.