Sign in to follow this  
morty

Key points from last nights supporters group meeting.

[quote user="Len"]This seems like an effort to try and prevent a fan mutiny.[/quote]Is that a bad thing then?Trying to please fans?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Len"]This seems like an effort to try and prevent a fan mutiny.[/quote]Is that a bad thing then?Trying to please fans?[/quote]Not at all.

[quote user="Len"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Len"]This seems like an effort to try and prevent a fan mutiny.[/quote]Is that a bad thing then?Trying to please fans?[/quote]Not at all.[/quote]Good.Glad we cleared that up.

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]Stop the petty bickering and answer the really important question, any mention of whether or not I will be getting a lovely, brand new, shiny, bright yellow seat......[/quote]

So the big rotating screen has not deflected you from the real issue....it seems to have worked on others.

[quote user="morty"]
Responding to direct questions the CEO gave a perspective of supporter interaction with his former club and in particular the Wolves Parliament. It was noted that there were no current plans to create something similar here within current consultation framework. 
- The CEO reiterated the Club’s stance that the purpose of the new supporter consultation policy was to genuinely build closer links with its loyal supporter base through the various mechanisms discussed. He wanted to ensure fans that regular, open, honest and structured dialogue with fans was very important to the Club and that communicating in a consistent and fair manner where no one supporter or group had an perceived advantage over the next was necessary.  
[/quote]I had a look at how the Wolves parliament operated several years ago, because someone (not on this message-board) suggested it was better way of consulting fans than we had, and when Moxey was appointed I wondered if he might start up something similar.In fact the Wolves parliament is one of those organisations that  looks superficially as if it gives fans some power over decisions rather than just a voice but the reality is that all it gives is a powerless voice. You can even argue it is worse that other methods of consultation because of that superficial appearance.It was much-maligned, but a more democratic version of the old supporters'' consultative group, with the fans rather than the club choosing the representatives, would probably be the best option. But it won''t happen.As to the second bit of highlighting, if nutty can find a bookmaker willing to offer odds I would put a considerable amount of money of that being a not very subtle snub to the Canaries Trust.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"]
Responding to direct questions the CEO gave a perspective of supporter interaction with his former club and in particular the Wolves Parliament. It was noted that there were no current plans to create something similar here within current consultation framework. 
- The CEO reiterated the Club’s stance that the purpose of the new supporter consultation policy was to genuinely build closer links with its loyal supporter base through the various mechanisms discussed. He wanted to ensure fans that regular, open, honest and structured dialogue with fans was very important to the Club and that communicating in a consistent and fair manner where no one supporter or group had an perceived advantage over the next was necessary.  
[/quote]I had a look at how the Wolves parliament operated several years ago, because someone (not on this message-board) suggested it was better way of consulting fans than we had, and when Moxey was appointed I wondered if he might start up something similar.In fact the Wolves parliament is one of those organisations that  looks superficially as if it gives fans some power over decisions rather than just a voice but the reality is that all it gives is a powerless voice. You can even argue it is worse that other methods of consultation because of that superficial appearance.It was much-maligned, but a more democratic version of the old supporters'' consultative group, with the fans rather than the club choosing the representatives, would probably be the best option. But it won''t happen.As to the second bit of highlighting, if nutty can find a bookmaker willing to offer odds I would put a considerable amount of money of that being a not very subtle snub to the Canaries Trust.[/quote]

The least involvement from the Canaries Trust the better.

Ironic that a thread about a supporters group meeting descends into name calling and general rubbish.

However well intentioned Supporters groups are, if the supporters keep slaughtering each other , I''m afraid the levels of attendance and support for their events will be nowhere near as high as they should be.

Someone will bring up "St Andrews Hall" in a moment, in the same way that the Binners bring up the FA Cup win of 1827.