Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Henderson? Arrogant?

I heard a kid walking down the street near me on his mobile at the weekend, no more than 15, describing a goal he had obviously scored down the park or something. He was describing his undoubted brilliance in every detail...

"...it got played up to me and came down over me shoulder right, i took one touch, took it round their defender, leavin ''im for dead..." etc etc

Then i read this and felt a strange sense of deja vu...

“It was a good goal and a good finish,” he said. “Paul McVeigh found me with a nice little pass and when the defender rushed in I cut inside him and curled it round the keeper. It was a vital goal because, at 2-1, they still had a chance of getting back into it.

"I want to build on this goal, just like the team wants to build on this win,” he said. “It''s a good way for me to start off a good run in the team, hopefully."

Don''t hold your breath for a starting place just yet Ian!!

Leave the poor kid alone,

he is only doing what any of us would have done in the same situation let him have his glory after all it was a very good goal.

it was a good goal! There is a fine line between confidence and arrogance, I would suggest that most top footballers have an air of arrogance and if controlled in the correct way it is fine, in fact it is probably rather important in Pro footballer. Look at Rooney, he is arrogant and rather childish but you wouldn''t drop him from your team would you?

ligthen up guys, only havin a laugh! he does after all, by all accounts, have a bit of the bellers about him. in his attitude that is!

i''d love it if he became as good as him as well!

Henderson is typical of most lads of his age - and given the lack of first team football he gets then he''s sure as hell going to make the most of any limelight that comes his way.

For all his knockers, he has got a good touch when it comes to finishing - I remember a couple of crackers against Milwall last time around in this league, and a good finish at Walsall too. Add this saturday''s effort to that and it certainly stands up to examination in terms of return (and quality strikes too) for an in and out young squad player.

If he keeps his enthusiasm up like this then we might see more of this sort of finishing when he does have his brief forays onto the pitch.

Lol!  I was thinking a similar thing a1 after I heard Hendo''s interview.  It didn''t strike me as arrogant but the lad obviously lacks a few media skills!  Whatever the question; turn it round to what you want to say!

Blimey I''m 49 and just the other day I was describing my own brilliance at beating three defenders to send a Bergkamp-like curler into the top corner to win the game, then my son woke me up to tell me I was snoring and dribbling on the sofa...........................Great skill, great finish - let the lad have his say.

oh for goodness sake i wish i''d never started this. get over yourself weston. it''s a bit of light fun and relief from some of the heavier topics that get us all worked up. well it was that until you waded in!if you call that being ''hammered'' then you must be a very oversensitive indivdual!

He is arrogant and cocky, but as a previous poster has already remarked, most footballers have that. It just needs to be channelled in the right direction. From all accounts he was lucky to stay on the pitch minutes after coming on as sub Saturday, and Worthy has quite rightly picked him up on that. Unfortunately he hasn''t listened, as on a couple of occasions last night in the reserves he could have quite easily been booked if the ref had not been so lenient to everyone. Especially where he quite plainly tugged a player back and then when he was blown up for it, he petulantly kicked the ball away. He should have been booked for the tug let alone for kicking the ball away.

He will learn the hard way I fear by getting himself sent off for something silly.

He''s a petulant, arrogant and slightly immature "wee bairn" who''s attitude is on par with Bellamy. Henderson needs to be careful when he uses the loo on the team bus, he may find himself secured in there for the remainder of the journey....

Henderson may sport a ''second world war evacuee''s haircut''......but, I do like the young fellah, and counselling and encouragement will hopefully sort him out......Or the senior Pro''s will take the law into their own hands. Snip! Snip! Hendo! OTBC ;~)

Of course Hendersen is arrogant. I am surprised that you even ask the question.

I have 2 contacts at the club and they both say Hendo is full of himself and cocky. To quote one of my contacts "Hendersen personality wise is just the same as Bellamy, cocky and arrogant, only he isn''t no where near as good a player as Bellamy".

Regardless of his attitude, am I the only one who would like to see him get a run in the team?

He, as well as Jarvis are in the England set-up, and are our backup to the first team, so when we have injuries up front, I would like to see him get a game. Instead, Worthy brings in a player who IMO is poor, and plays him instead, and I can''t help but feel sorry for Hendo. This should be his opportunity to prove himself as a striker and it is being wasted.