Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

‘Ludicrous money’ being shelled out in transfer window splurges, warns Norwich City boss Alex Neil

Please note Alex that this is why it is important to get your recruitment right and not have most of your wage bill warming the bench or worse still not playing at all!This seems to be the cry let out at the start of each window, so don''t expect much folks!

Did you wake up in a grumpy mood and the day hasn''t improved or was it a problem with your lunch that''s got you like this?

"not have most of your wage bill warming the bench or worse still not playing at all!"most ?stop talking sh  ite

That has been noticable for quite some whileMost City supporters don''t feel the need to validate their credentials by tacking the word canary to their nameAnd some might suggest that this allows the troll to justify why they don''t attend games, simply on the basis of geography.... remember the ''Norwegian'' troll ?

[quote user="Biggles flies undone"]That has been noticable for quite some whileMost City supporters don''t feel the need to validate their credentials by tacking the word canary to their nameAnd some might suggest that this allows the troll to justify why they don''t attend games, simply on the basis of geography.... remember the ''Norwegian'' troll ?[/quote]

I''m really really really really sorry and I also apologise for the shouting. [:)]

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Biggles flies undone"]That has been noticable for quite some whileMost City supporters don''t feel the need to validate their credentials by tacking the word canary to their nameAnd some might suggest that this allows the troll to justify why they don''t attend games, simply on the basis of geography.... remember the ''Norwegian'' troll ?[/quote]

I''m really really really really sorry and I also apologise for the shouting. [:)]

[/quote]that is not a ''rule'' that applies to allmerely an observation that many of those attacking the club have, as said by Morty, some ''distant place name'' canary as their forum nameit is the attack first... then checking the name

"Barclay seats 48/49 the 3rd" but had a quick check ( in my pants ) and I think he''s still in the Lake District

Is this your way of telling us you p1ssed yourself?

The OP''s quite right. I don''t think I can really remember a time in my years supporting when so much money has gone west. It started with RVW I suppose but the current squandering of finances is enough to evoke tears.

And now all of a sudden we have to sell to buy, even with the advantage of parachutes.

Player-wise the Club is not getting value for money.

"And now all of a sudden we have to sell to buy"

Why do people keep treating this as if it''s a massive shock? We splurged last January and it didn''t work, did you expect us to be able to do that every transfer window?

Who said it was a massive shock?

I do however remember it being said by somebody in the hierarchy at some time during the summer that the Club had money in the bank and that this could well have been nearer 10 million than 5.

I cannot elaborate more.

The club have never made it public how much money we have, or don''t have.Despite ridiculous speculation and tittle tattle.

[quote user="Derby Canary"]Please note Alex that this is why it is important to get your recruitment right and not have most of your wage bill warming the bench or worse still not playing at all!This seems to be the cry let out at the start of each window, so don''t expect much folks![/quote]

Neil and the club are obviously preparing supporters to expect very little in terms of players coming in.

Knowing what the club is like they will probably leave the Brady departure to the very last moment to extract the highest price, but leave no time to bring in a complete new back four with experience at this level - which is what is needed.

So the club will be left with money in the bank and a weak defence that is further weakened without Olsson and so promotion will unquestionably be off the agenda.

So much for promotion, promotion, promotion.

Moreover, does Alex Neil even recognise there is a problem in defence? Why would you want to bring in a player or players to go straight into the back four if you can get another benchwarming midfielder or striker?

Board, Neil and Moxey must go.

We were told that there was money in the transfer budget, I''m certain of that. Wish I could elaborate more.

Presumably the Club''s budgeting extends to apportioning money for wages, transfers, overheads etc.

Presumably the season ticket income and the proposed parachute money, sponsorship money, tv money etc. were brought into the equation.

Having to sell to buy suggests that the transfer budget is virtually empty.

I am slightly surprised by this, although not shocked as it has been coming for some time.

At least we are debt-free ...... still.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]We were told that there was money in the transfer budget, I''m certain of that. Wish I could elaborate more.

Presumably the Club''s budgeting extends to apportioning money for wages, transfers, overheads etc.

Presumably the season ticket income and the proposed parachute money, sponsorship money, tv money etc. were brought into the equation.

Having to sell to buy suggests that the transfer budget is virtually empty.

I am slightly surprised by this, although not shocked as it has been coming for some time.

At least we are debt-free ...... still.[/quote]It is literally almost a non issue though.It was plainly obvious that we would cut costs after relegation. And the club has made no secret of the fact that there are players that we either need to shift, or want to go. Which costs money. Especially if we end up severing contracts on the less sellable players.A lot of this is to do with youth players coming into the picture slightly quicker than anticipated, partially because of us playing at a lower level now.If you wanted to you could also spin it posatively and say that the club spent every single penny it had to try and avoid relegation.I think we have money, it just suits us to let others think we haven''t.

"And now all of a sudden we have to sell to buy"It''s definitely not ''all of a sudden''.

"Having to sell to buy suggests that the transfer budget is virtually empty."It suggests that they don''t want to increase the wages outlay as transfers are about more than spending your transfer budget.

"Moreover, does Alex Neil even recognise there is a problem in defence?"As they have been trying to buy defenders in the last two transer windows I''d say that the answer is "yes"

I just hope your last sentence about us having at least some is correct.

I take this club''s finances to heart, and regret the massive waste on the likes of Jarvis and Mulumbu and others, ever since as a youngster in shgorties I stood on a box and that blanket went round to collect coins to pay the player''s wages.

Coins for wages? Now it''s millions of pounds. It wouldn''t be so bad if we were getting value from some of these losers.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I just hope your last sentence about us having at least some is correct.

I take this club''s finances to heart, and regret the massive waste on the likes of Jarvis and Mulumbu and others, ever since as a youngster in shgorties I stood on a box and that blanket went round to collect coins to pay the player''s wages.

Coins for wages? Now it''s millions of pounds. It wouldn''t be so bad if we were getting value from some of these losers.[/quote]We shop in the bargain basement, metaphorically, we''re bound to get some that don''t work out. The more money you spend on a player, the less of the risk.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I just hope your last sentence about us having at least some is correct.

Coins for wages? Now it''s millions of pounds. It wouldn''t be so bad if we were getting value from some of these losers.[/quote]But not enough to bother to verify what I postnot enough to read the clubs accounts ending June 2016 which are still online

I would suggest you cast your mind back to the Dean Ashton transfer, when all the whining was that we did not buy him in the summer - so what that now if we had not have bought in the summer ?Clubs don''t have huge sums in the bank - it is mostly ''overdrafts'' from the bank against future guaranteed income.Currently we are owed around £20m in staged payments and we owe around £22m. We also have liabilities of up to £17m incumbent on certain happenings ie appearance, international caps, but most heavily on promotion.It is those latter liabilities that give lie to the misleading sh ite that the gormless post up about a transfer fees. All fees are conditional, so it is totally absurd to say that we paid xyz for player A. Unfortunately it won''t stop the slow of thinking from stop attacking the club on the basis of inaccurate figures.How do I know ? It is in the club accounts... something I bother to check first (and something that appears to aerate certain folk when I do the same about another club). Not too difficult to find, given that they are on the club''s websiteBut even if that is too hard then click here

Yes we''ve all read those.

Year ending 30th. June.

I was really referring to and money being apportioned for the transfer fund for this season from season ticket sales and parachutes and other prospective sources of income.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]I just hope your last sentence about us having at least some is correct.

Coins for wages? Now it''s millions of pounds. It wouldn''t be so bad if we were getting value from some of these losers.[/quote]We shop in the bargain basement, metaphorically, we''re bound to get some that don''t work out. The more money you spend on a player, the less of the risk.[/quote]

Feed the wolf 😂😂😂

Yeah thats a strategy that works for us isnt it. 🤔

[quote user="MyGodWeArePoorToWatch"][quote user="morty"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]I just hope your last sentence about us having at least some is correct.

Coins for wages? Now it''s millions of pounds. It wouldn''t be so bad if we were getting value from some of these losers.[/quote]We shop in the bargain basement, metaphorically, we''re bound to get some that don''t work out. The more money you spend on a player, the less of the risk.[/quote]

Feed the wolf 😂😂😂

Yeah thats a strategy that works for us isnt it. 🤔[/quote]8 million was a lot of money for Norwich City, but not a great deal of money in terms of Premiership strikers.