Sign in to follow this  
zippy23255

Sam Winnall

Well, it was probably quite easy for Wednesday to beat us if we showed literally no interest in him.

[quote user="tricky974"]Need to sell to buy and we have not sold anyone yet.[/quote]Simple - nobody wants to buy the rubbish players that we want to get rid off

Guess it depends how he feels about the move too. Might not have wanted to compete with Jerome and Oliveira just to start for a team that plays one striker.

Not that I am that bothered by missing out on this particular player (we have other priorities than strikers in my view) but people had better get used to this as it is the shape of things to come under our current ownership only its arrived much earlier than I think any of us anticipated. Rather than use our 2 year parachute payment window to do all we can to get back up we appear to have started downsizing early.

Sheffield Wednesday have wealthy owners and therefore more cash availability whereas we are now told we have to sell to buy. I suspect their owners also are far more ambitious than ours.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Not that I am that bothered by missing out on this particular player (we have other priorities than strikers in my view) but people had better get used to this as it is the shape of things to come under our current ownership only its arrived much earlier than I think any of us anticipated. Rather than use our 2 year parachute payment window to do all we can to get back up we appear to have started downsizing early.

Sheffield Wednesday have wealthy owners and therefore more cash availability whereas we are now told we have to sell to buy. I suspect their owners also are far more ambitious than ours.[/quote]

what a pile of contradictory old sh itefrom first to last

[quote user="Herman"]Were we even after him?[/quote]And has he actually signed for Sheff Wed?

Widespread reports we were in for him but if it makes people feel better pretending we weren''t then that''s fine.

Wages. Wednesday are throwing it about. Can''t compete.

[quote user="Chemical Bro"]Widespread reports we were in for him but if it makes people feel better pretending we weren''t then that''s fine.

Wages. Wednesday are throwing it about. Can''t compete.[/quote]

Widespread reportsor merely various media outlets simply regurgitating unsubstantiated sh itestill beggars can''t be choosers and if you need a stick to beat the club then anything will do I suppose

Not beating the club with anything. It''s natural clubs will miss out on targets here and there.

Like i said we can''t compete with clubs throwing silly money about.

A relatively young striker going for peanuts. You really think we weren''t interested?

There was me thinking this was a forum for discussing football warts and all but obviously only if City1st approves.

Shame but from the players point of view he goes to a bigger better club than Barnsley and does not have to uproot family or move house. It does however highlight how rapidly we are falling down the food chain

[quote user="zippy23255"]How can we be beaten to his signature by Sheffield Wednesday? Just the Holty type player we need! 😡[/quote]

£500k plus wages......we need another striker so that we can try to offload Lafferty.

When we were interested in Steven Fletcher at the beginning of this season his agent asked for a two year deal and wages of £25,000 a week.

Sheffield Wednesday came in and gave him a three year deal and wages of £40,000 a week.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Shame but from the players point of view he goes to a bigger better club than Barnsley and does not have to uproot family or move house. It does however highlight how rapidly we are falling down the food chain[/quote]Or how desperate the usual suspects are to find any old sh  ite to beat the club with

Not a Holt type player at all. He''s more like a poor man''s Shane Long.

Would''ve been happy with him for 500k or so but unfortunately if another larger Championship team is interested then we just can''t compete (Promotion, Promotion, Promotion, remember? lol)

We don''t need forwards. All we need is the boards unfaltering belief that we''ll go up! We all just need to believe that we can get promoted and establish ourselves in the PL while spending like a lower Championship team.

Wednesday can keep all their strikers, our board has got faith! We''ll be fine....

[quote user="Chemical Bro"]Widespread reports we were in for him but if it makes people feel better pretending we weren''t then that''s fine.

Wages. Wednesday are throwing it about. Can''t compete.[/quote]and there we have itthese ''widespread reports'' are supposedly evidence enough for some to attack the clubsome pimply Fred puts up a story, which is repeated by other click baiters (pun intended) and once again the club has no ''hamibitiom'', is being badly run etcwhereas the truth is -''Apparently we made a bid (for Winnall) but were out-bid on wages. That

is nonsense. We didn’t make any approach for the player at all.''