Sign in to follow this  
SeattleCanary

OT Leeds vs Derby

Brilliant Tilly!!!

Funny how folk revert to type. Ricardo has often talked of how we revert to the norm; sometimes we are better, sometimes we are worse, but we normally end up round about where we are and where we have "historically" found ourselves.

Seems that you''re exactly the same. When we''re crap, you''re anti everything, when we''re on the up you find a happy glow and it all goes quiet. Once we hit the buffers, you revert to where you''ve always been historically. Unhappy with the club you support.

I''m not sure if you''ve ever liked an owner/controller we''ve had? Perhaps you were a Watlingite or a Souther. But for the majority of the last 30 years you''ve been pretty vocal about getting "someone" out.

So I suppose, just as you are now desperate for someone/anyone (as long as they aren''t in any way affiliated to the Labour Party) to replace our current owners, we could all, with our eyes shut and having been in a cave for twenty years, predict that we''re probably in the upper half of the second tier.

Just out of interest mate, WHO would you approve of? And if we found ourselves in the top half of the Championship in five years time, would you turn on them too?

See, thing is, you don''t need to answer. The evidence is all there.

What is it folk use as a stick against the club? If you do what you always did you''ll get what you always got?

Yet here we are, on a downer, NOT doing that. The owners have dug in their heels, they''ve backed a manager I and plenty of others wanted sacked. Doing it different.

Of course, it might not work but John, you, far more than our club, are "doing what you''ve always done".

It''s not that I''m in absolute disagreement with you; I''d have canned the manager an age ago and went on record saying so, however, it might look bonkers at the moment but perhaps there is method to the seeming madness. Perhaps that "ten years" and building something was sincere. Perhaps we are trying to create a Norwich identity that runs right through the veins of the club from first team to kids.

Time will tell. What we can be sure of is that if we bellow for change every time we''re crap, it''s unlikely to come to fruition.

I wanted Neil gone. He''s still here; I''ve decided I''ve got no choice but to back him and the team now. Not because I''ve changed my mind but because it''s more beneficial to everyone. Plenty want DS/MWJ gone too; they''re still here. We might not share their or Alex''s immediate vision; we do share a love for Norwich City.

We''ve had our say, they know how we feel, but they''ve made their call. Agree or not, the only positive influence we can have at this juncture is to support it.

Isn''t it?

The season is far from over. How are you getting on with the Burton arrangements? Or is it a Stracey only party?😂😉👍

The positive influence we can have is to support the team on the field.

No more than that is necessary.

[quote user="VanWink"]The positive influence we can have is to support the team on the field.

No more than that is necessary.[/quote]

Glad you agree.

Unless you''re suggesting that folk somehow differentiate between the team and the club?

The team. Picked by the manager. Picked by the board.

Support one? Daft. Like the suggestion that booing is aimed at "X" - how the flippety flip can you ensure that happens?

Just like people sang "we''ve got our Norwich back" under Adams then labelled him clueless. Come on; we''re still in it!!!!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]How can Leeds be 3rd and eleven points in front of us as they have one of those awful foreign owners ?[/quote]

Sold all their big names too... Snoddy, Becchio, Byram, Howson etc over recent years and are still mounting a charge. Thought Roofe looked a class above and Hernandez. Only Derby place that did anything for me was Ince, and that was patchy at best.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Brilliant Tilly!!!

Funny how folk revert to type. Ricardo has often talked of how we revert to the norm; sometimes we are better, sometimes we are worse, but we normally end up round about where we are and where we have "historically" found ourselves.

Seems that you''re exactly the same. When we''re crap, you''re anti everything, when we''re on the up you find a happy glow and it all goes quiet. Once we hit the buffers, you revert to where you''ve always been historically. Unhappy with the club you support.

I''m not sure if you''ve ever liked an owner/controller we''ve had? Perhaps you were a Watlingite or a Souther. But for the majority of the last 30 years you''ve been pretty vocal about getting "someone" out.

So I suppose, just as you are now desperate for someone/anyone (as long as they aren''t in any way affiliated to the Labour Party) to replace our current owners, we could all, with our eyes shut and having been in a cave for twenty years, predict that we''re probably in the upper half of the second tier.

Just out of interest mate, WHO would you approve of? And if we found ourselves in the top half of the Championship in five years time, would you turn on them too?

What is it folk use as a stick against the club? If you do what you always did you''ll get what you always got?

Yet here we are, on a downer, NOT doing that. The owners have dug in their heels, they''ve backed a manager I and plenty of others wanted sacked. Doing it different.

Of course, it might not work but John, you, far more than our club, are "doing what you''ve always done".

It''s not that I''m in absolute disagreement with you; I''d have canned the manager an age ago and went on record saying so, however, it might look bonkers at the moment but perhaps there is method to the seeming madness. Perhaps that "ten years" and building something was sincere. Perhaps we are trying to create a Norwich identity that runs right through the veins of the club from first team to kids.

Time will tell. What we can be sure of is that if we bellow for change every time we''re crap, it''s unlikely to come to fruition.

I wanted Neil gone. He''s still here; I''ve decided I''ve got no choice but to back him and the team now. Not because I''ve changed my mind but because it''s more beneficial to everyone. Plenty want DS/MWJ gone too; they''re still here. We might not share their or Alex''s immediate vision; we do share a love for Norwich City.

We''ve had our say, they know how we feel, but they''ve made their call. Agree or not, the only positive influence we can have at this juncture is to support it.

Isn''t it?

The season is far from over. How are you getting on with the Burton arrangements? Or is it a Stracey only party?😂😉👍[/quote]

This is defending by extreme comparison, but there are far worse offenders than Tilson. There seems to be some kind of "grim up north" factor at work here, becomes the miserabilist gloom  deepens the further away from Norfolk one looks in that direction, and over the border into Scotland it is not so much a Celtic twilight, more a perpetual dystopian darkness.Then there are the Bewailing Brothers (I gather they may actually be related, unlike the Righteous Brothers of blessed memory), who now usually perform solo but occasionally come together (as on the Promotion promotion promotion thread) for a "hilarious in their heads" clunkingly unfunny double-act.For some mellow comic relief there is always the Yoda-like riddle-me-ree poster, who plainly read too much Lewis Carroll at an impressionable age, but, unlike the above, at least doesn''t take themself too seriously.

Even dystopian darkness can be penetrated by a shaft of sunlight -- in this case Apples. Maybe he lives in the Carse of Gowrie perennially surrounded by ripening berries and laden fruit trees.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Good manager. Money. Ambition. We have none of these.[/quote]They also have really fecking awful fans. Oh wait........

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]Even dystopian darkness can be penetrated by a shaft of sunlight -- in this case Apples. Maybe he lives in the Carse of Gowrie perennially surrounded by ripening berries and laden fruit trees.[/quote]Or Brigadoon...

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Brilliant Tilly!!!

Isn''t it?

The season is far from over. How are you getting on with the Burton arrangements? Or is it a Stracey only party?😂😉👍[/quote]Oh dear me Duncan looks like a smiley emoticon at the end of my post would have saved you your little rant.Obviously tongue in cheek was not portrayed very well. It was a dig at those who shun foreign ownership at all costs on here who continually make references to clubs who have had a bad time of it under new ownership but always omit those that have done alright out of it. You of all people mate do not have to look to far at who i am referring to. Nearly sixty years of being a Norwich fan has been some brilliant times and some not so good but today social media opens up a whole new world to use as a platform when things are not right. Maybe if social media was around more in those periods to which you are obviously talking about i could have just been TIL 1010 bashing away on his computer. I know when things are not right with my football club and i will make no apology for saying so whatsoever when such a period happens. Now is one of those times my friend.Posting on here, drinking wherever i choose to drink and expressing my views will not influence Delia, Moxey or whoever but please do not think for one minute that it is a whinge fest around me when at a game home or away. I want wins as much as you and there will be no criticism of a team playing to its potential or a backroom set up maximising that potential. '' they know how we feel '' is something that i am not convinced is correct Duncan. Rest assured when ticket arrangements are announced for Burton i will be in touch so if you wish to travel with the usual suspects [:P] just let me know. Beware that Danny Casey told me a couple of weeks back at the Focus Group i attended that he thought it would be general sale due to demand for way tickets being on the decrease.

Leeds had a real zip and intensity about their play last night - from what was on display, they will take some serious stopping in the playoffs, that''s for sure.

[quote user="Alex "]Leeds had a real zip and intensity about their play last night - from what was on display, they will take some serious stopping in the playoffs, that''s for sure.[/quote]Yes, Derby looked pedestrian in comparison. Leeds more often than not pressed 2 against 1, and kept the intensity going right up to the end.