Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Incoming players - Rumour mill

i know we don''t have much money but buying players instead of loaning for me

i always want our younger players to play instead of someone else''s

Also some loan fees are as much as a signing and we end up with nothing

yes you can get a loan like Hucks that was fantastic but then you can loan a player like harry kane who did nothing for us

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Conor Hourihane[/quote]Sheff Wed bidding on him, reports of a 1m bid tabled.

Hourihane would be a great signing. He''s a player ''on the up'' in my opinion. Sadly our recent form and financial muscle means it''s unlikely even if AN was interested. Are ourselves and Wednesday heading in opposite directions?

During Chase era we sold our best players resulting in relegation. Now, if rumours are to be believed, we''re offloading our top players and we''ve already been relegated. Only wins & points can turn this situation around and we can''t afford too many more losses. Playoffs is still very achievable if form picks up - less so minus the rumoured outgoings

Understand getting rid of certain players, but for me we need to replace these with younger,hungrier, up and coming players, and build on this!!.

We always used to do this, and we do seem to have a scattering of young, talented players already at the club!!.

Bite the bullet get rid of the older deadwood, and let''s rebuild👍🏻👍🏻

Funny isn''t it that we have this "scattering of young, talented players"? Just some sort of fortunate accident I guess; I mean, any sort of sensible strategic intent, or good judgement when it comes to recruitment, is clearly beyond the capacity of anyone running the club at the moment. Oh well, we should be thankful for small mercies I suppose. Luck decides a lot in football after all.

I would be amazed if hourihane stayed in the champs - def lower prem standard.

BUT if its around the low million mark I would happily move all or any of our central mids for him - a combination of him with pritchard and louis thompson (well a fit version) gives us a potent core for next season.

My Hendrie proposal was tongue in cheek; been on loan and made no impression on loan at either southend or blackburn (where is until the season end) since moving to wet sham.

Unless reuniting with AN resparks some drive he seems one to avoid

On a separate note - Matt Jarvis injured again! If Brady goes we''ll probably need another winger depending on formation obviously.

Does Josh Murph play on the left? It''s been such a long time since I''ve seen him on the pitch in league games I''ve forgotten

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Conor Hourihane[/quote]Our interest is just being reported now - [url]http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/conor_hourihane_is_on_norwich_city_s_radar_1_4849267[/url]

Villa have reportedly entered the fray with a £1m bid - [url]http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/01/14/report-aston-villa-make-seven-figure-bid-for-barnsley-star-conor/[/url]

We need to sell before we buy and also want to cut the wage bill. Can only see cheap lower league players being on our radar and maybe only one of them. Remember the club''s new raison d''etre is to be No Debt Norwich. We don''t want to be tainted by all that cash sloshing around in the modern game.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]We need to sell before we buy and also want to cut the wage bill. Can only see cheap lower league players being on our radar and maybe only one of them. Remember the club''s new raison d''etre is to be No Debt Norwich. We don''t want to be tainted by all that cash sloshing around in the modern game.[/quote]Do you like anything? Anything at all?

[quote user="Herman"][quote user="Crafty Canary"]We need to sell before we buy and also want to cut the wage bill. Can only see cheap lower league players being on our radar and maybe only one of them. Remember the club''s new raison d''etre is to be No Debt Norwich. We don''t want to be tainted by all that cash sloshing around in the modern game.[/quote]Do you like anything? Anything at all?[/quote][:D]

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]We need to sell before we buy and also want to cut the wage bill. Can only see cheap lower league players being on our radar and maybe only one of them. Remember the club''s new raison d''etre is to be No Debt Norwich. We don''t want to be tainted by all that cash sloshing around in the modern game.[/quote]Buying cheap lower league players like Holt, Hoolahan, Howson, Martin, Johnson, Pilkington and so on would just be terrible, we''d never get anywhere.

He''s right though.

The other problem is that when we do splash a bit of cash the manager is incapable of getting it to make any difference in any case.