Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

Its snow joke

Setting fast in NR31 (sorry for the out-of-ring-road report...)

Lets face it, the hourly weather forecatss are useless & change continually up to the time - they actually forecast it to suddenly jump from 1 to 5 degrees & change snow to rain by 12...

Glad I got bread and milk in yesterday.[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/20170113_112316_zps76s6zpu3.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/20170113_112316_zps76s6zpu3.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="morty"]Glad I got bread and milk in yesterday.[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/20170113_112316_zps76s6zpu3.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/20170113_112316_zps76s6zpu3.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/quote]

You''ll be a lot safer when you get a Quashqai parked out there Morty.

[quote user="morty"]I''ll stick with my Audi number 9 😉[/quote]Good choice [Y] Plenty of lead room -- or nose room in your case [:|]

[quote user="Jools"][quote user="morty"]I''ll stick with my Audi number 9 😉[/quote]Good choice [Y] Plenty of lead room -- or nose room in your case [:|][/quote]Oh you[:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"]Since last night''s predicted floods didn''t materialise - there will be no streams today.[:S][/quote]Lapps for goodness sake, power cuts here for the last 3 days and then that................[;)]

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="lappinitup"]Since last night''s predicted floods didn''t materialise - there will be no streams today.[:S][/quote]Lapps for goodness sake, power cuts here for the last 3 days and then that................[;)][/quote]Pah! You youngsters don''t know what hardship is. When I was a boy, the house was lit by candles, the cooking was done on the fire and the loo was a bit of wood with a hole cut in it and a bucket underneath. Three days? I had thirty four years of that. On top of that I lived on the wrong side of the street................the kids over the road had shoes. [:''(][;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="lappinitup"]Since last night''s predicted floods didn''t materialise - there will be no streams today.[:S][/quote]Lapps for goodness sake, power cuts here for the last 3 days and then that................[;)][/quote]Pah! You youngsters don''t know what hardship is. When I was a boy, the house was lit by candles, the cooking was done on the fire and the loo was a bit of wood with a hole cut in it and a bucket underneath. Three days? I had thirty four years of that. On top of that I lived on the wrong side of the street................the kids over the road had shoes. [:''(][;)][/quote]Bah humbug, we didn''t have a house, we lived in a cave shared with a grizzly who didn''t like candles.  We didn''t have a loo, we had to go behind a bush and use nettle leaves for loo paper.  We ate raw leftovers from the grizzly, and had to walk thirty five miles to school without street lights.  I don''t want to brag but you had it easy my friend.[;)]

We had a grizzly - we called her gran.......We got snowed in for six weeks once. Mother sent me out one day with my airgun to shoot something she could make a pie with. She was quite happy when I got back and started cooking straight away. Mind you - two sparrows and a mouse don''t go very far between fourteen people. [:S]

Youngsters these days think they are having it hard when there is no charge in their mobile phone and when Amazon does not deliver the next day.