Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Play Off Hunting

Reading lost, Derby lost, Sheff Weds v Huddersfield tomorrow...

Win tomorrow we are potentially 7th (depending on Barnsley result) with the 2 teams in 5th & 6th going to take points off each other

Despite the disasterous run of form we could still be on the edge of playoffs this time tomorrow

Well let''s hope we can have play for the rest of the season.

If we can top 6 is eminantly possible 👍

And you''re forgetting we''ve still got a pretty useless manager in charge, which is the reason we''re relying on ifs buts and maybes to be in touch of a playoff place.

[quote user="Mickdundee"]And you''re forgetting we''ve still got a pretty useless manager in charge, which is the reason we''re relying on ifs buts and maybes to be in touch of a playoff place.[/quote]But then with this "pretty useless manager" we''ve been promoted before, we''ve had a long winning run this season already, so if we win the next few games (which are all against lower in the table sides) we will be up there.  Also, as the op mentions about the games today, the teams above us are playing each other in that time and that means points will be lost with the teams above us, enabling us to gain ground on them. Plus we have Oliveira up to speed - which wasn''t the case earlier in the season, we''ve laid to rest the "not being able to beat a team above us" thing with an emphatic win against Derby (don''t under estimate the psychological benefit of that) and Ruddy appears to be back to something like his best too.  So there are plenty of positives - it was never going to be easy this season, being a side that had so many disappointments last season, but a win today would be a great boost for everyone to think we are back in the race.

[quote user="Plastic Nancy"]I agree with that, the manger isn''t really relevant after the Christmas fixtures conclude.[/quote]Yeah, the players will just ignore him for the next 20 or so games[:D]

I think that barring some massive collapse, AN is here for the foreseeable future. We have to accept that now and back him. Not ideal, but its where i think we are.

I hope the board have been correct in keeping him and we have some excitement come April/May.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]I think that barring some massive collapse, AN is here for the foreseeable future. We have to accept that now and back him. Not ideal, but its where i think we are.

I hope the board have been correct in keeping him and we have some excitement come April/May.[/quote]I think this is the closest to reality. I''m not happy about the situation but just hope their call is right.

I agree the manager has been backed so for better or worse lets hope he buys and sells well this time and gets us in the play offs.

If he doesn''t then he has to go no question

[quote user="Plastic Nancy"]I agree with that, the manger isn''t really relevant after the Christmas fixtures conclude.[/quote]not even for away games ?I''m sure I remember some song about that

yes, that is it" away in a mangerno crib for a bedthe little lord jesus has a frisbee on his head''

they don''t rite ''em like that no more

"If we reach the playoffs , it will be " despite " the manger imo."

My opinion too.

LDC. I have always, only to a certain extent, admired your blind faith in every thing NCFC, even when it is clearly mis-placed.

As a matter of interest, is there any other poster on this forum who has any support for the retention of Alex Neil?

Come on! Own up as it might be interesting. I personally need some pointers as to why I should have faith in him as we seem to be stuck with him, ''til the season''s end at least, come what may.