Sign in to follow this  
JF

Maybe Delia shouldn't turn down the Chinese!!!

Just unbelievable! Real Madrid offered £250 million for Ronaldo from unnamed Chinese club

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38465052

Thankfully Delia is old school and wont sell.

Chinese owners would turn Delia''s into a sweat shop, churning out coat hangars and random bits of plastic. Pies would be filled with dog meat.

You can''t kill the old country - and just be thankful.

Just be thankful

I''ll have a chicken fried rice and some prawn crackers if you are headed that way

Cheers

[quote user="Buh"]I''ll have a chicken fried rice and some prawn crackers if you are headed that way

Cheers[/quote]

I''m a meat and two veg man.

Despite true grits failing attempts at being funny, there is an issue worth discussing here. Will the Chinese attempts to create the league they desire be successful or will the have to pump their money into foreign leagues to get their fix. Carlos Trves recently became the worlds highest paid player by moving there and oscar turned his back on European football to move there. This deal would have netted Ronaldo £89 million a year!

[quote user="JF"]Despite true grits failing attempts at being funny, there is an issue worth discussing here. Will the Chinese attempts to create the league they desire be successful or will the have to pump their money into foreign leagues to get their fix. Carlos Trves recently became the worlds highest paid player by moving there and oscar turned his back on European football to move there. This deal would have netted Ronaldo £89 million a year![/quote]

Deadly serious over here. You make a good point though, as it stands Pelle is the 3rd or 4th highest paid (directly from a club, not including sponsorship) player in world football - which is ridiculous. But the answers no, it won''t be successful - the Russians tried a similar thing a few years back with Oligarch money and it was a complete failure. There is no way China will be able to attract top echelon players in their prime, only players who have already created a legacy for themselves in a European team/teams.

1,393,783,836 Chinese at their last census and they can''t qualify for the World Cup and have to continually bribe people to go and play there.

Threat to what?

[quote user="True Grit"]Thankfully Delia is old school and wont sell.

Chinese owners would turn Delia''s into a sweat shop, churning out coat hangars and random bits of plastic. Pies would be filled with dog meat.

Just be thankful[/quote]

Seriously mate? Just feck off will you?

Tevez has just signed a 2yr deal worth £615k a week. £64m over 2 years for Shanghai Shenhua. That''s more than Pogba & Rooney combined. Pretty sure he wanted to finish his career at Boca but £64m is enough to change your mind. Tevez, Hulk, Pelle & Gyan in the top 20 highest paid players in the world.

[quote user="STFU"][quote user="True Grit"]Thankfully Delia is old school and wont sell.

Just be thankful[/quote]

Seriously mate? Just feck off will you?[/quote]

I wont.

Deadly serious over here. You make a good point though, as it stands Pelle is the 3rd or 4th highest paid (directly from a club, not including sponsorship) player in world football - which is ridiculous. But the answers no, it won''t be successful - the Russians tried a similar thing a few years back with Oligarch money and it was a complete failure. There is no way China will be able to attract top echelon players in their prime, only players who have already created a legacy for themselves in a European team/teams

You say that but Oscar has just turned his back on Chelsea and European football at the age of 25 to move there. At the end of the day, money talks and I doubt he will be the last player in their prime to give it a go.

If they''re not gona get played or can''t be bothered to try and keep their place then I guess they will go to the CSL. It won''t ever equate to the quality of the PL though.

On a separate note, boring race stereotypes aren''t clever. And no I''m not some liberal champion I just don''t see the point of typing teen funnies for a budget laugh when other Pink Un users have got banned for writing slurs against black people before.

There''s nothing to stop a European or even a World league being played in China or wherever. The days where fans in the stadiums really mattered are long gone. Anyway, it would be a stream just like now wouldn''t it? We would never be asked. Not ambitious enough...

The British opinion on Chinese transfer policy is exactly the same as Europe opinion on British transfer policy!

[quote user="JF"]Despite true grits failing attempts at being funny, there is an issue worth discussing here. Will the Chinese attempts to create the league they desire be successful or will the have to pump their money into foreign leagues to get their fix. Carlos Trves recently became the worlds highest paid player by moving there and oscar turned his back on European football to move there. This deal would have netted Ronaldo £89 million a year![/quote]The Chinese push for football is largely a pretext for rich guys to get around China''s capital flight controls. Its not going to last and its not going to end well.

True Grit wrote the following post at 2016-12-30 10:57 PM:

Just be thankful

Ever been to China.........?

No thought not with such an ignorant post!

So many of you on this forum are completely and utterly ill informed. The reasons the Chinese are poaching or attempting to poach all the worlds top players and managers is thus:

The Chinese government has unveiled an ambitious blueprint to get 50 million children and adults playing soccer by the end of this decade, with the broader objective of becoming a “world football superpower” by 2050.

They are also hell bent on qualifying for the next World Cup finals and have set down plans to win the competition too.

What they cannot get into their own Country they will get by investing in clubs the world over, not just in the UK game. In Shanghai and Beijing the game is bigger than anything in the EPL, much much bigger.

So I agree with the OP, Delia shouldn''t turn down the Chinese or any other foreign investor, because Norwich City will become a non entity in the modern game if they fail to keep up with modern trends. Just as England was a superpower in football in the 60''s, you only have to look at the national games demise over the last 40 years and the development of nations such as Iceland to see just how bad the UK game is. Hers and MWJ ramblings in the media about not wanting foreign investment was totally abhorrent and I''ll advised. Still with club owners who stick with failure, not surprising really.

[quote user="City 2nd"]True Grit wrote the following post at 2016-12-30 10:57 PM:

Just be thankful

No thought not with such an ignorant post![/quote]

I have scouted in China, yes.

What you''re seeing in China is a hand full of billionaires, flexing their muscles, trying to buy everything. These ultra rich were born politically off the back of communism, not by starting at the bottom with entrepreneurial spirit. Theres a small super-rich community of Chinese students who come and study at the UEA, its why you see 20yr olds driving around in luxury cars. I lived at riverside before I moved to dussindale and the block I lived in had a number of young Chinese students, they were driving brand new Jags, amg mercedes, bmw m''s, etc etc. My beloved Qashqai looked out of place. These are the offspring of the Chinese elite.

The same thing happened in Russia when state owned companies were privatised and government officials made shady side deals with each other with regards to assets and thus the oligarchs were born. Remember when FC Anzhi Makhachkala tried to buy success? They signed Roberto Carlos, Eto, had Hiddink as manager, essentially thought they were big time charlies - then the Oligarch owner got bored, cut budgets, the players left and they got relegated out of the Russian prem the following season.

Do you honestly think Norwich is going to get a wholesome consortium of Chinese owners, who have the club''s best interests at heart?

[quote user="True Grit"][quote user="City 2nd"]True Grit wrote the following post at 2016-12-30 10:57 PM:

Just be thankful

No thought not with such an ignorant post![/quote]

I have scouted in China, yes.

What you''re seeing in China is a hand full of billionaires, flexing their muscles, trying to buy everything. These ultra rich were born politically off the back of communism, not by starting at the bottom with entrepreneurial spirit. Theres a small super-rich community of Chinese students who come and study at the UEA, its why you see 20yr olds driving around in luxury cars. I lived at riverside before I moved to dussindale and the block I lived in had a number of young Chinese students, they were driving brand new Jags, amg mercedes, bmw m''s, etc etc. My beloved Qashqai looked out of place. These are the offspring of the Chinese elite.

The same thing happened in Russia when state owned companies were privatised and government officials made shady side deals with each other with regards to assets and thus the oligarchs were born. Remember when FC Anzhi Makhachkala tried to buy success? They signed Roberto Carlos, Eto, had Hiddink as manager, essentially thought they were big time charlies - then the Oligarch owner got bored, cut budgets, the players left and they got relegated out of the Russian prem the following season.

Do you honestly think Norwich is going to get a wholesome consortium of Chinese owners, who have the club''s best interests at heart?[/quote]
Morning Jebus.

Seriously, check out the social justice warrior here

How can you see a thread titled

" Maybe Delia shouldn''t turn down the Chinese!!!"

And not think of a Chinese takeaway?

Throw me in f£&@img thought police jail I guess, Jesus.

[quote user="GeneralNorwich"][quote user="JF"]Despite true grits failing attempts at being funny, there is an issue worth discussing here. Will the Chinese attempts to create the league they desire be successful or will the have to pump their money into foreign leagues to get their fix. Carlos Trves recently became the worlds highest paid player by moving there and oscar turned his back on European football to move there. This deal would have netted Ronaldo £89 million a year![/quote]The Chinese push for football is largely a pretext for rich guys to get around China''s capital flight controls. Its not going to last and its not going to end well.[/quote]I don''t know whether the push to make this Chinese league a world leader will work, but there are serious reasons apart from xenophobia for clubs to be wary of a Chinese takeover. It is not always easy to do exhaustive due diligence on these companies and their owners, and in general terms much of their current business boom is heavily debt-fuelled. There is potential for a crash.Given the emphasis Smith and Jones place on avoiding the fate of many other clubs whose takeovers went very bad (and in some cases because not enough due diligence was done, or perhaps could not be done) they would be understandably cautious of an approach from that part of the world.

I''m not racist. There''s a difference between being racist and non-pc. I''m non-conforming humanist and a football professional - who has his finger on the pulse when it comes to economics. A Chinese takeover would be likely be an unwholesome venture, I assure you.

[quote user="City 2nd"]So many of you on this forum are completely and utterly ill informed. The reasons the Chinese are poaching or attempting to poach all the worlds top players and managers is thus:

The Chinese government has unveiled an ambitious blueprint to get 50 million children and adults playing soccer by the end of this decade, with the broader objective of becoming a “world football superpower” by 2050.

They are also hell bent on qualifying for the next World Cup finals and have set down plans to win the competition too.

What they cannot get into their own Country they will get by investing in clubs the world over, not just in the UK game. In Shanghai and Beijing the game is bigger than anything in the EPL, much much bigger.

So I agree with the OP, Delia shouldn''t turn down the Chinese or any other foreign investor, because Norwich City will become a non entity in the modern game if they fail to keep up with modern trends. Just as England was a superpower in football in the 60''s, you only have to look at the national games demise over the last 40 years and the development of nations such as Iceland to see just how bad the UK game is. Hers and MWJ ramblings in the media about not wanting foreign investment was totally abhorrent and I''ll advised. Still with club owners who stick with failure, not surprising really.[/quote]Bang on Mate. Does anyone have a link to any article where she turned any offer down? Anyway Happy New Year to you all