Sign in to follow this  
Bill

This time in 2015

after 25 games in 2105 we were well, well ahead of where we are now

well, actually nowe were on 40 pointswe are on 37 points at the momentit is all to play or, so gird up your loins, hang to to your hat and hold on tightchaaaaaa-aaaaaaaaaaaaarge !

The calibre of the opposition is so much higher now.

We had a crazy upturn that none of us can see with a dysfunctional group, coaching team and managers.

I think expectations under An and the current group is quite low.

There are a number of players who have shown they do not have the fight in other seasons and those that have not done enough to lift or change that feel.

AN has not changed the ethos of the group, whether that is because of certain players here but changes are needed to all aspects if we are to somehow win promotion or believe we can be 17th in te premier league. As I said expectations are now much lower than this.

So disappointing

"Another take on that could be that Neil Adams had a record 3 points better than Alex Neil this season and got relieved of his duties. Still onward''s and upwards."

And Adams did not have the luxury of as many multi-million pound players to chose from ..... Klose, Naismith, Brady, Pritchard, Pinto etc.

By the standards applied to Adams, Neil should have been shipped out weeks ago. He has a much better squad at his disposal than Adams had.

If we do poorly in the next run of so-called ''easier'' games then surely something will need to give.

At the start of the season remarks on this forum went along the lines that playing Norwich was one of the big games for most of the league and that teams would ''raise their game,'' ''park the bus'' etc.

Now they probably welcome playing us for the decent chance of getting three points.

[quote user="The Unsullied "]This time in 2015 we were getting a full 10 piece scampi 🍤 portion and that was under Neil Adams[/quote]Out of interest how many were served up in the reign of The Messiah ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The Unsullied "]This time in 2015 we were getting a full 10 piece scampi 🍤 portion and that was under Neil Adams[/quote]Out of interest how many were served up in the reign of The Messiah ?[/quote]

30 and you got free caviar as well

[quote user="The Unsullied "][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The Unsullied "]This time in 2015 we were getting a full 10 piece scampi 🍤 portion and that was under Neil Adams[/quote]Out of interest how many were served up in the reign of The Messiah ?[/quote]

30 and you got free caviar as well[/quote]That explains a lot. [:D]

[quote user="The Unsullied "][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The Unsullied "]This time in 2015 we were getting a full 10 piece scampi 🍤 portion and that was under Neil Adams[/quote]Out of interest how many were served up in the reign of The Messiah ?[/quote]

30 and you got free caviar as well[/quote]30 you say so that was the end of your athletic physique i take it ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The Unsullied "][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The Unsullied "]This time in 2015 we were getting a full 10 piece scampi 🍤 portion and that was under Neil Adams[/quote]Out of interest how many were served up in the reign of The Messiah ?[/quote]

30 and you got free caviar as well[/quote]30 you say so that was the end of your athletic physique i take it ?[/quote]

Indeed my playing days are just about over

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"Another take on that could be that Neil Adams had a record 3 points better than Alex Neil this season and got relieved of his duties. Still onward''s and upwards."

And Adams did not have the luxury of as many multi-million pound players to chose from ..... Klose, Naismith, Brady, Pritchard, Pinto etc.

By the standards applied to Adams, Neil should have been shipped out weeks ago. He has a much better squad at his disposal than Adams had.

If we do poorly in the next run of so-called ''easier'' games then surely something will need to give.

At the start of the season remarks on this forum went along the lines that playing Norwich was one of the big games for most of the league and that teams would ''raise their game,'' ''park the bus'' etc.

Now they probably welcome playing us for the decent chance of getting three points.[/quote]

"And Adams did not have the luxury of as many multi-million pound

players to chose from ..... Klose, Naismith, Brady, Pritchard, Pinto

etc.
"If that is the sole criteria then we have a stronger chanceBy the standards applied to Adams, Neil should have been shipped out weeks ago.How do you know what standards were applied to Adams. You don''t, you are merely guessing

"If that is the sole criteria then we have a stronger chance."

Of course it''s not cleverdick but it''s one very important factor

"How do you know what standards were applied to Adams. You don''t, you are merely guessing"

It was results, although there may have been other factors.

It''s a pretty good guess though clevererdick

We were under-performing. We are under-performing now.

What is your opinion then? You don''t seem to have many preferring to just pick away at all other posters and fill this board with your childish (extremely) attempts at being funny.

Repeat. What''s your opinion of the reasons why Adams was sacked?

What''s your opinion of the fact that AN has has a lot more money to spend in the transfer market but we seem to be getting worse, not better. Getting better is after all the reason we buy these expensive players.

That is a bit unfair Broadstairs the OP is a really funny guy, just his name has me in stitches Biggles flies undone is comic genius which goes over most people''s heads on here! All of his threads and comments have a degree of wit and humour which wouldn''t be out of place in the month python team. Why some people take them as pedantic put downs is beyond me.You may not agree with his opinions on football which i admit are well hidden sometimes but don''t question his sense of humour . The bloke is an absolute card ☺

Nice one that man

A bigger smiley face is needed Spartacus, along with a winky face.

He''ll probably think you are being serious otherwise.

" What''s your opinion of the reasons why Adams was sacked?"how can I have an opinion of something I don''t know ?What I do know is that he resigned