Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Next six league matches

Six game all winnable against lower league opposition.  The teams above us all have at least one game against other teams above us in their next six games, so points will be lost there, giving us the opportunity to make ground.  Brighton have the most interesting run of games imo - they play Sheff Wed, Newcastle and Huddersfield, so points will be dropped by someone. So is 18 points achievable in the next six games?  I would like to think so.  It''s a tall order, but if achieved it should give the boost we need to take us into the run in of the season, where it should get very interesting.

Good positive thinking LDC.

Not convinced that the Derby game represents a barometer for future performances but sincerely hope it does.👍

It is the type of fixture list similar to the start of the season when we did well. Also it depends on the level of disruption to the squad with people coming and going. There are some difficult games within these too so I go for 12 points I would be gobsmacked if we managed 6 more wins on the spin. 12 points should see us in the top 6. Mix but then the good sides come around again

We are a top six team so it is possible in this league but the players need to up their game.The current standard of football will see is make top ten,this will be seen as disappointing to the fans.The club may see it as a stepping stone for a bigger push next season, but things tend not to work out that way.

On current form I''d be surprised if we managed to win them all but I certainly think we should be aiming to. We need a run of games to shape our season. Automatics have gone, but play offs are more than possible

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]So the point of his thread is that if we win games we''ll climb he league. Yet another state the bl oody obvious pointless thread[/quote]Depends which way you look at it.  There was a question in there - asking about what people think we will do in the next six games.  Seems a reasonable question to me.

I''d reasonably expect to remain unbeaten, 4 wins and a couple of draws would represent a decent return. Anything other than a win today and I think we''re back to square one and Neil gets the boot!

The better the results the worse the outcome in terms of Neil staying. The longer he''s in charge the greater the damage done. Perhaps a few poor results against ''weaker'' opposition are what the board needs to finally convince them that Neil needs to be removed?

If we can gain some momentum by winning a few games in a row then the playoffs are quite possible. And as you say the next 6 offer the chance for us to climb the table. My concern is our resilience. We were doing well against Newcastle and that late loss knocked the stuffing out of our team IMO. A bit like the Liverpool game last season. Today is important if we can build on the Derby game. But more important, if we can close the gap on teams above us will be when we are in tougher situations against better sides (than Rotherham). Can we hang in there and turn potential losses into draws, or draws into wins? Certainly an interesting few months ahead and playoffs still to play for. Just not convinced by AN but let''s see how today goes first.

Today AN is on a bit of a hiding to nothing when it comes to changing fans perspective on him. Rotherham are terrible so a victory is the absolute minimum requirement and even a comfortable win will be ''only Rotherham.''

However if we can beat them and Wolves while maintaining the level of performance we showed v Derby then we might be rolling again. I think long term though I''d still be concerned that it might all come to a juddering halt when we meet some other play-off chasers. For instance we have a run at the start of April where we play Villa, Huddersfield, Reading and Fulham back to back.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Six game all winnable against lower league opposition.  The teams above us all have at least one game against other teams above us in their next six games, so points will be lost there, giving us the opportunity to make ground.  Brighton have the most interesting run of games imo - they play Sheff Wed, Newcastle and Huddersfield, so points will be dropped by someone. So is 18 points achievable in the next six games?  I would like to think so.  It''s a tall order, but if achieved it should give the boost we need to take us into the run in of the season, where it should get very interesting.

[/quote]There''s a strong possibility that we''ll be playing four of those six games with Whittaker at left-back.18 points? Try 8 [:|]

"So is 18 points achievable in the next six games? I would like to think so. It''s a tall order, but if achieved it should give the boost we need to take us into the run in of the season, where it should get very interesting."

Achievable? Essential if we are to rescue any hope for the season.

Unlikely as I have no faith in a manager who is unable to get the best from his players. As I said in another thread, expensive signings are suppose to improve performances. Under Neil they make no difference.

Don''t agree with you though Len. We seem to be stuck with the man for the season at least so let''s hope we suddenly witness a metamorphosis and he turns into a proper manager, or a half decent one at least.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]So the point of his thread is that if we win games we''ll climb he league. Yet another state the bl oody obvious pointless thread[/quote]Depends which way you look at it.  There was a question in there - asking about what people think we will do in the next six games.  Seems a reasonable question to me.

[/quote]Come on Hoola, I know Lakey posts a lot of garbage but there''s nothing wrong with the OP. Hadn''t realised how many top six teams are playing each other in the coming weeks. I still think it''s highly unlikely that we will win all six, but we should take a minimum of 12 points IMO, which will keep us well in the hunt. Worry that a Wednesday night game at Southampton might tire the legs for Wolves, though. He''ll get castigated for resting players for the replay with a money-spinning home tie with Arsenal at stake. A draw against Wolves would be a fair result if we win today.Also, remember the Birmingham game will be rearranged if either they or us win our respective replays.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]So the point of his thread is that if we win games we''ll climb he league. Yet another state the bl oody obvious pointless thread[/quote]Depends which way you look at it.  There was a question in there - asking about what people think we will do in the next six games.  Seems a reasonable question to me.

[/quote]Come on Hoola, I know Lakey posts a lot of garbage but there''s nothing wrong with the OP. Hadn''t realised how many top six teams are playing each other in the coming weeks. I still think it''s highly unlikely that we will win all six, but we should take a minimum of 12 points IMO, which will keep us well in the hunt. Worry that a Wednesday night game at Southampton might tire the legs for Wolves, though. He''ll get castigated for resting players for the replay with a money-spinning home tie with Arsenal at stake. A draw against Wolves would be a fair result if we win today.Also, remember the Birmingham game will be rearranged if either they or us win our respective replays.[/quote]

Spot on FDW. I think he just looked and saw Lakey was the OP and just rubbished the thread. Pathetic really. I cant see us winning all 6, we''re just never consistent enough not just in terms of results but in performances within a game. Derby was probably the first match this season where we played well for pretty much the whole game (bar the shaky first 10mins). We need that level to be to the fore much more often if we''re going to make something of this season. With AN in charge? I just cant see it, pains me to say it.

Well, I tried to be positive.  Difficult to see where we go from here. Really needed the three points today to set us up for the next few games and have a realistic chance of getting back up the table.  Eight points off the play-offs now - if we''re going to get there, it''s going to have to be winning pretty much every game from now on in.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Well, I tried to be positive.  Difficult to see where we go from here. Really needed the three points today to set us up for the next few games and have a realistic chance of getting back up the table.  Eight points off the play-offs now - if we''re going to get there, it''s going to have to be winning pretty much every game from now on in.

[/quote]

Never gonna happen with this clown in charge.

Are you aware of this new google thing, where you can look up the meanings of words like "nonce" and "gimp" at all?