Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Lowest point of season

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"]As for saying it depends on the next game, do you not see the flawed logic in that?[/quote]Not really, I don''t feel as bad about today as I did about the Brighton game.  I suppose I''m not making any judgement about today, other than we lost to a lowly team and that on it''s own is not good - but in context, if we win next week, it will not look nearly so bad. The Brighton one, though will always be annoying to think of.  [/quote]

But where do you draw the line? Because there is always a next game. If we lose, draw or win next week there is always a next game to be judged on

That''s exactly what happened with Hughton and it dragged on 5 months too long[/quote]

Probably next week.  Like I said, if we win it, things won''t look so bad, but if we lose at home to Wolves with all that entails, with the Lambert connection etc, then that could well be it.  Every home game is going to be like the Derby game - we are going to have to win them emphatically to keep things going.  AN is on very, very thin ice now.

I still think it will have to get worse for there to be any action from our illustrious board. Derby gave him the transfer window to make a difference but the majority can see the only difference will be the gap between us and the playoffs. To think, we were 2nd favourites to go up at the start of the season, who says the bookies rarely get it wrong!

Even if we win next week things will still be bad. Because that would make it 14 points from our last 45 which is relegation form still.

He''s had three games now where we thought we''d turned a corner, only to completely no show the next week. We''ve not won back to back league games since September. Why would a win v Wolves be any different?

All he had to do today was motivate the team sufficiently to beat a team flat bottom of the table, with three wins all season and a tempory manager in charge. It couldn''t have been a much kinder fixture to get us on a run. Yet he failed.

at the start of January Neil said that both Maddison and Toffolo would come back to the club with a decision to be made about their second halves of the season to be made toward the end of it.

Why on earth would we make the decison to loan Toffolo back out halfway through the window before knowing where we''d be at the end of it?

Yes the Olsson situation is unfortunate and possibly unforseen but to allow Toffolo out 2 weeks before we had to, is negligence. Should have been playing today for us at left back....and if he isn''t ready to play against the bottom side in this league now, I don''t see how he would be in 6 months time at this level.

Ok so we beat Wolves, then what?

We have a few more iffy results, so he has another must win game.

Then he wins that. Repeat over and over again.

It''s exactly what happened with Hughton & before you know it you are in March/April & any realistic chance of playoffs is gone.

Yes form may suddenly change, but we have already been in this sequence since the Brentford game, 6 weeks or so ago.

@GJL

Heres the thing though- I honestly believe that even if Toffolo was here still that Neil would have started Whittaker. He said earlier in the season that one of the reasons we gave him a new deal was because they thought we''d lose Brady so needed left back cover.

I get the feeling Neil has written off a few players here and Toffolo is one of them.

[quote user="Ron Manager"]I still think it will have to get worse for there to be any action from our illustrious board. Derby gave him the transfer window to make a difference but the majority can see the only difference will be the gap between us and the playoffs. To think, we were 2nd favourites to go up at the start of the season, who says the bookies rarely get it wrong![/quote]Our illustrious board won''t do anything until people stop going to CR.  That won''t happen so nor will anything else.  Neil will be here for the rest of the season.  The BOD will be happy enough to be debt free in the championship, and the happy clappers will have their little family run club, untouched by dirty riches, foreign money or owners.  Everybody happy.

[quote user="king canary"]Even if we win next week things will still be bad. Because that would make it 14 points from our last 45 which is relegation form still.

He''s had three games now where we thought we''d turned a corner, only to completely no show the next week. We''ve not won back to back league games since September. Why would a win v Wolves be any different?

All he had to do today was motivate the team sufficiently to beat a team flat bottom of the table, with three wins all season and a tempory manager in charge. It couldn''t have been a much kinder fixture to get us on a run. Yet he failed.[/quote]

He has failed each week to motivate the team and trots out the same excuses. The general opinion from fans around me today were that Mickey Mouse could have installed more passion in the team. Why is it that the other team always want to win the match more ?

[quote user="king canary"]@GJL

Heres the thing though- I honestly believe that even if Toffolo was here still that Neil would have started Whittaker. He said earlier in the season that one of the reasons we gave him a new deal was because they thought we''d lose Brady so needed left back cover.

I get the feeling Neil has written off a few players here and Toffolo is one of them.[/quote]

And listening to the game and watching the highlights, who was beaten for both goals-Whittaker. IF AN thinks we can go rest of season with a poor RB playing at LB he''s deluded. But then most of us think he is lol!

His man management skills are utter cr"p. Every game he publicly slates a player. This should all be done behind the scenes! He''s a desperate man!

Man management skills are indeed cr#p!

Tho id argue his management in general is cr#p.

If you are going to publicly slate players (never a good plan) then at least have a leg to stand on. His entire squad are a level above his days as a player. I imagine theres a bit of a chip on the shoulder here....the olĀ“ "well youre talented but you dont fight like i did" kind of attitude which is never going to go down well. I mean if someone such as a Conte or Koeman comes out and slates you well you cant really argue as they played at the top for years. However when an ex Barnsley squad filler lays into you youre bound to lose whatever modicum of professional respect you had for him.

For Neil to succeed in managemetnat this level he needs to show his players that he has intelligence, tactical awareness and his pre and in-game set ups lead us to the victory. All i have ever seen in him is the ability to be the "strong man" and give players a kick up the backside. This Roeder type management will give the initial boost to underperforming players as seen when he took over from Neil Adams but will never last long term.

The man has got to go. We can debate the timing all day long but better late than never.

Get him out!