Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Lowest point of season

Moxey says, "promotion, promotion, promotion!"

AN this weeks says, "it''s important we keep the momentum going"

We lose to bottom of the table Rotheram

A team that has a -29 goal difference

A team that has a worse record than us, something like 16 lost games out of 19 (so they said on radio)

And listening to commentary, Rotheram dominated us in 1st half, defense sloppy yet again, and no cohesion or rhythm yet again.

Since MOxey said "we''re sticking by AN, but results have got to improve, and quickly, we have

Drawn against lowly Brentford

Beaten Derby

Lost against bottom team today

When we play Newcastle we were above them. We''re now 18 points behind them and heading in wrong direction.

Lowest point if season. Was AN fan, but he has to go and quickly!

Certainly feels like the end of the era that started with McNally/Lambert

A lot of made of things going in cycles - it seems we may be settling for a few years in the championship with the odd play off push

Lowest point for me was being away at Barnsley, after that I decided that would be my last away game for a while (Lol, so much for that, I''m going to Southampton)I just feel numb and disinterested now.

Morty, for once I don''t blame AN......they gave it a decent go and his hands were tied by the Olsson transfer, stupid timing and low money.

Also the players were up against it and gave it a decent go.

AN isn''t the man for this club, but neither are Moxey & Balls. It''s a mess at the moment and not a place a decent manager will find attractive at this moment.

[quote user="Indy"]Morty, for once I don''t blame AN......they gave it a decent go and his hands were tied by the Olsson transfer, stupid timing and low money.

Also the players were up against it and gave it a decent go.

AN isn''t the man for this club, but neither are Moxey & Balls. It''s a mess at the moment and not a place a decent manager will find attractive at this moment.[/quote]Nope, sorry, not having that. Olsson has made leaving noises for the last three windows. As soon as Brady got suspended they should have, at least, kept Toffolo here. At least till Brady is back, or we sign someone at lb.

Yep, it could be a while in the chumps. We not only need to clear out some of the playing staff, but also some of the other shocking appointments like Moxey, Balls, Irvine, Nephew Tom etc. However, if we can get a manager to organise us into a sytstem that suits us (so we can defend and have a cutting edge going forward) it might not be all doom and gloom. Looks unlikely this season but if we get the right manager...it''s a matter of fit IMO. Not sure who that might be. Rowett might work. Always a gamble to change but time has come (a while back actually) to set the foundations for a brighter future with a manager who is going to develop our young talent alongside some of the more committed older players. Just an opinion.

Lowest point for me was the Brighton capitulation.  I can understand these games where we lose by the odd goal, because in most of those games we were fighting and could with a little more luck got points from. The Brighton one, though, was dreadful to take in. Today is on the back of three unbeaten games.  We had no Brady or Olsson to call on and during the match lost Howson and Oliveira. So four of our strongest players gone out of the team.  Awful result for us, but in context - for me - it all depends on what happens in the next game.

[quote user="Samwam27"]I feel for you Morty. Was it not good, or totally bad lol[/quote]I wasn''t there today, my two lads were though, I don''t envy their long bus trip home!

Why didn''t we have Olsson?

Is he not contracted to us?

Could we have not said that yes we will talk to Swansea (as we are), but we need him to play as Brady was suspended?

I''ve said the same thing Morty, Olsson should have been kept here till this game had gone so Brady could come in.

I don''t think Brady will be here come next week.

As for the lowest point, this might not be the lowest point we reach this season, we are caught in a huge down draft, the fans, club, manager, board, players are all against each other at the moment, if all these threads are to be believed.

I''m with Ricardo, this is the lowest point for years and I really can''t see it getting any better.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]As for saying it depends on the next game, do you not see the flawed logic in that?[/quote]Not really, I don''t feel as bad about today as I did about the Brighton game.  I suppose I''m not making any judgement about today, other than we lost to a lowly team and that on it''s own is not good - but in context, if we win next week, it will not look nearly so bad. The Brighton one, though will always be annoying to think of.  

It might seem over dramatic but this is the lowest and least connected to the club that I''ve ever felt.

I''ve only been going regularly since 2000 but even the League One relegation didn''t leave me feeling like I do now.

morty

Lowest point for me was being away at Barnsley, after that I decided that would be my last away game for a while (Lol, so much for that, I''m going to Southampton)

I just feel numb and disinterested now.

Really have changed your tune now haven''t you " braveheart" ?

[quote user="The Big Bad Wolf"]Yep, it could be a while in the chumps. We not only need to clear out some of the playing staff, but also some of the other shocking appointments like Moxey, Balls, Irvine, Nephew Tom etc. However, if we can get a manager to organise us into a sytstem that suits us (so we can defend and have a cutting edge going forward) it might not be all doom and gloom. Looks unlikely this season but if we get the right manager...it''s a matter of fit IMO. Not sure who that might be. Rowett might work. Always a gamble to change but time has come (a while back actually) to set the foundations for a brighter future with a manager who is going to develop our young talent alongside some of the more committed older players. Just an opinion.[/quote]And who out of that load of muppets has the footballing knowledge to make the right managerial appointment, at this very low time in our club''s history?

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]morty

Lowest point for me was being away at Barnsley, after that I decided that would be my last away game for a while (Lol, so much for that, I''m going to Southampton)

I just feel numb and disinterested now.

Really have changed your tune now haven''t you " braveheart" ?[/quote]Not really.If you''re just after an argument, I really can''t be ar$ed.

[quote user="morty"]Is Brighton the only game you have been to this season?[/quote]Didn''t say he''d been to Brighton did he?

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"]Is Brighton the only game you have been to this season?[/quote]Didn''t say he''d been to Brighton did he?[/quote]Lakey?Yes, he did.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"]Is Brighton the only game you have been to this season?[/quote]Didn''t say he''d been to Brighton did he?[/quote]Lakey?Yes, he did.[/quote]

No. I didn''t. Now stop it. You''ll only be sorry later if I have to keep scolding you for twisting things....again.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Lowest point for me was the Brighton capitulation.  I can understand these games where we lose by the odd goal, because in most of those games we were fighting and could with a little more luck got points from. The Brighton one, though, was dreadful to take in. Today is on the back of three unbeaten games.  We had no Brady or Olsson to call on and during the match lost Howson and Oliveira. So four of our strongest players gone out of the team.  Awful result for us, but in context - for me - it all depends on what happens in the next game. [/quote]No he didn''t my friend[;)]  Just a low point. lol.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"]Is Brighton the only game you have been to this season?[/quote]Didn''t say he''d been to Brighton did he?[/quote]Lakey?Yes, he did.[/quote]

No. I didn''t. Now stop it. You''ll only be sorry later if I have to keep scolding you for twisting things....again.

[/quote]My mistake, I thought you had friends that way, and went. Or was that last time in the Championship?Oh and shove your superior attitude.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"]As for saying it depends on the next game, do you not see the flawed logic in that?[/quote]Not really, I don''t feel as bad about today as I did about the Brighton game.  I suppose I''m not making any judgement about today, other than we lost to a lowly team and that on it''s own is not good - but in context, if we win next week, it will not look nearly so bad. The Brighton one, though will always be annoying to think of.  [/quote]

But where do you draw the line? Because there is always a next game. If we lose, draw or win next week there is always a next game to be judged on

That''s exactly what happened with Hughton and it dragged on 5 months too long

Now getting the feeling we are at a ten year low. Division 1 wasn''t this bad for fans, we were more optimistic that things would improve.

I don''t get that feeling anymore that the club will improve this time.