Sign in to follow this  
Countryside Canary

Alex places the blame with Olivera

Anyone hear him on canary call?? Trying to keep his job by blaming olivera, even though we were a goal down already, then once we equalise we let anot sloppy goal in!!! No doubt that was all olivera''s fault as well right!!

He is so out of his depth it''s pathetic! This has been coming for months! How much longer will this go on for??

This is the same player who has saved his job! No wonder the players won''t play for him

I thought the question that was put to him was worded very well, almost to try and deny him the opportunity to blame the red card. Something along the lines of " Alex, we didn''t lose that game on the basis of the red card alone, because we were already down a goal at that point". Him trying to argue that we were better with a man less, just goes to show how poorly he is motivating the squad right now. If it takes a sending off to make us play football there is something wrong. Some of his answers were very snappy and short as well. Not totally unexpected, considering he''s probably had enough of having to make excuses for everything that''s going on, but he really does sound like a man who is just biding his time for his payoff.

Haven''t heard the interview but he''s talked crap for weeks blaming everyone but himself so not surprised

Sounded totally demoralized, but with our form, so he should. Well past his time to go, get rid.

That is as expected - on the terraces today we pretty much wrote that answer for him! When you can predict what excuse a manager is going to trot out, where he accepts no blame for picking a team that clearly has people played out of position in key positions then games up.

Well I''ll have a go since I was at the game and not listening to the interview:

1. Oliviera was an idiot and completely unprofessional even though he had been severely provoked.

2. We were already behind because of yet another appalling mistake from Ruddy.

3. Even by the currently consistent low standards of English referees, today''s was something special and totally one-sided.

Not sure what AN could have done about any of that - well obviously he forgot to remind Ruddy that if someone gently rolls a ball across his six yard box he should intercept it.

What mistake was Ruddy guilty of? Can''t see how the first goal was his fault.

I''ve seen the highlights and it looks as if the defender had his arm round Oliveira, dragging him down to the ground head first and then held him there.  I think you wouldn''t be human if you didn''t lash out under that. He probably had his face in the turf and couldn''t breathe!

[quote user="lake district canary"]I''ve seen the highlights and it looks as if the defender had his arm round Oliveira, dragging him down to the ground head first and then held him there.  I think you wouldn''t be human if you didn''t lash out under that. He probably had his face in the turf and couldn''t breathe!

[/quote]Do you deliberately take the contrary opinion just to rub people up the wrong way?I think you very much do.You know the rules of football, I presume, and you know that you can''t do what he did.

Of course he does Morty. Nothing but an attention seeking troll!

To be fair, even though Oliveira was rightly sent off you could argue we should still have been awarded a penalty...

To be fair, when has Neil once taken ANY responsibility for form or results ?

Never seen a bloke like it.

He will go down as one of the biggest failures in the clubs history, joing the ranks of the much loved Roeder.

[quote user="lake district canary"]FFS. all I did was say what I saw on the highlights! 

[/quote]Two options here.Either you really don''t know football, can you honestly say the player shouldn''t have walked for that? Honestly?Or, as I said earlier, you''re deliberately taking a contrary point of view just to wind people up.Which is it?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"]FFS. all I did was say what I saw on the highlights! 

[/quote]Two options here.Either you really don''t know football, can you honestly say the player shouldn''t have walked for that? Honestly?Or, as I said earlier, you''re deliberately taking a contrary point of view just to wind people up.Which is it?[/quote]

Read the f***g post again. I didn''t say he should not have been sent off or should have been sent off.   As it happens, of course he will always be sent off for that.  But I wouldn''t necessarily blame him for it.Just do one, morty. You''re getting boring.

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"]Well I''ll have a go since I was at the game and not listening to the interview:

1. Oliviera was an idiot and completely unprofessional even though he had been severely provoked.

3. Even by the currently consistent low standards of English referees, today''s was something special and totally one-sided.

Not sure what AN could have done about any of that - well obviously he forgot to remind Ruddy that if someone gently rolls a ball across his six yard box he should intercept it.[/quote]Well with people like you around it''s hardly surprising that he''s still in the job.Are you his Agent?

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"]FFS. all I did was say what I saw on the highlights! 

[/quote]Two options here.Either you really don''t know football, can you honestly say the player shouldn''t have walked for that? Honestly?Or, as I said earlier, you''re deliberately taking a contrary point of view just to wind people up.Which is it?[/quote]

Read the f***g post again. I didn''t say he should not have been sent off or should have been sent off.   As it happens, of course he will always be sent off for that.  But I wouldn''t necessarily blame him for it.Just do one, morty. You''re getting boring.

[/quote]The tone of your post implies you see sympathy with Olviera. Which, of course, is ridiculous, as the sending off is 100% his fault.Patently obvious you really don''t understand the rules of the game, and have never pulled on a pair of football boots.

So he did deserve to get sent off as was the general opinion. Mmm.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Creative Midfielder"]Well I''ll have a go since I was at the game and not listening to the interview:

Not sure what AN could have done about any of that - well obviously he forgot to remind Ruddy that if someone gently rolls a ball across his six yard box he should intercept it.[/quote]Well with people like you around it''s hardly surprising that he''s still in the job.Are you his Agent?[/quote]

Were you at the game?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"]I''ve seen the highlights and it looks as if the defender had his arm round Oliveira, dragging him down to the ground head first and then held him there.  I think you wouldn''t be human if you didn''t lash out under that. He probably had his face in the turf and couldn''t breathe!

[/quote]Do you deliberately take the contrary opinion just to rub people up the wrong way?I think you very much do.You know the rules of football, I presume, and you know that you can''t do what he did.[/quote]

Contrary opinion? That''s usually exactly your stance you muppet.