Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

Home game v Wolves?

I wonder if AN is still here next week whether the crowd or large parts of the crowd would sing "One Paul Lambert, there''s only one Paul Lambert" as a way of making a big statement to the board about the current manager? I actually believe it would make for quite some message if it were to happen (....... and now puts away the wooden spoon and stops stirring)

[quote user="sonyc"]I wonder if AN is still here next week whether the crowd or large parts of the crowd would sing "One Paul Lambert, there''s only one Paul Lambert" as a way of making a big statement to the board about the current manager? I actually believe it would make for quite some message if it were to happen (....... and now puts away the wooden spoon and stops stirring)[/quote]I think the board know the affection that we hold Lambert in, so doubt it would make much of an impact!

Get your point.....but dont you think it would be a clever form of reverse psychology Morty?

Regardless of what impact it has or doesn''t have, I hope it is sung - just so the clown in charge currently realises that he is not all that.

Was thinking the exact same thing.

Be nice if Wolves could sing a nice song about Moxey we can all join in with 😉

If we are losing 1-0 or 2-1 and the crowd starts singing "There''s only one Paul Lambert" then that is on a par with the Huddersfield and Reading games.  Support your club, not do it down!  And yes, that is designed to get a reaction.   Perhaps it might make some people might think twice before encouraging the oposition team in a match.  Moan, shout, grumble and complain, but please don''t encourage the opposition by chanting for their manager! We still want to win every match!!

Ah, a non attending fan telling real fans what to do! Theme says he wants a reaction! Is this not the epitome of a troll?

[quote user="Move Klose"]Was thinking the exact same thing.

Be nice if Wolves could sing a nice song about Moxey we can all join in with 😉[/quote]I don''t think it will be difficult to learn the words...Moxey you''re a ....Moxey Moxey you''re....

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Ah, a non attending fan telling real fans what to do! Theme says he wants a reaction! Is this not the epitome of a troll?[/quote]Ron, just forget the agenda for once and answer the point!  The reaction I want is a footballing one, to see if anyone is actually thinking seriously about chanting for Lambert.   It is not a good idea imo - and it is not a good idea if you go to 50 games a season or zero games a season. So just answer the point....

I feel sorry for AN but every new dawn has proved to be a false one. I know its terrible to say it but I''m almost at the point of hoping we lose to Wolves just to put an end to this misery. At the moment a cancer is growing at the heart of the club, chemo isn''t working, the knife is the only remedy left.

OK, agenda forgotten, so the point you are trying to make is that the fans should not sing Lambert''s name at all during the game?

[quote user="Ron Manager"]OK, agenda forgotten, so the point you are trying to make is that the fans should not sing Lambert''s name at all during the game?[/quote]Yes.  If we win the game from 2-1 down or whatever, people won''t need or want to sing it. If we lose, then do it then - straight after the match. It will have real impact then.  During the match it is tantamount to treason imo. I know feelings are running very high about the situation, but that is how I feel - and would feel exactly the same if I went to every game or no games. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]If we are losing 1-0 or 2-1 and the crowd starts singing "There''s only one Paul Lambert" then that is on a par with the Huddersfield and Reading games.  Support your club, not do it down!  And yes, that is designed to get a reaction.   Perhaps it might make some people might think twice before encouraging the oposition team in a match.  Moan, shout, grumble and complain, but please don''t encourage the opposition by chanting for their manager! We still want to win every match!!

[/quote]Obviously my advice on another thread fell on stoney ground Lakey with a great effort at yet another lecture to the fans. I am afraid you are really asking for all you get here so i will leave you to the wolves ( no pun intended ) Shaking Head Sad emoticon (Sad Emoticons)

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Ah, a non attending fan telling real fans what to do! Theme says he wants a reaction! Is this not the epitome of a troll?[/quote]
So what are you going to do Ron?
How many times has Paul Lambert been back? I remember for the cup quarter final it was Lambert who got the abuse and followed by "only one Chris Hughton".
I guess it depends how fickle or tinpot people want to appear.
Lambert knows the score. He said so often enough when he was here.

Evening Nigel, so you think its ok for LDC to tell the fans what to do? What has his post got to do with what I''m going to do? Also, do you think Lambert will not get a positive reaction from the fans? Will you boo or cheer?

[quote user="king canary"]Yeah wanting a manager sacked after 3 wins in 14 is definitely ''fickle.''[/quote]
If that was a reply to me Kingo I didn''t refer to fans who wanted the manager out as fickle. I was referring to the previous occasions when Lambert came back and didn''t receive the adulation. And the time Hughton did and Lambert simply got the abuse. 

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Evening Nigel, so you think its ok for LDC to tell the fans what to do? What has his post got to do with what I''m going to do? Also, do you think Lambert will not get a positive reaction from the fans? Will you boo or cheer?[/quote]
No. I think it''s wrong for people who don''t go to games to lecture those who do.

I don''t understand Lakey, isn''t it "treason" to use your term, for the club not to listen to paying fans. You should have heard the dissatisfaction today. People paid lots of money to watch and to travel. Cost me £90 plus for the 3 of us. If we were not supporters we wouldn''t go and support our team. So making a protest is surely a democratic thing to do.

[quote user="Ron Manager"]So your point was Nigel?[/quote]
It was more of a question than a point.
What are you going to do?

I don''t think its fickle to for people to have changed their opinions on Lambert. Peoples opinions evolve over time- I was pretty pissed at Lambert and the way he left but time is a healer and right now I''d welcome him back with open arms.

In this instance though Lambert is merely a potential conduit for fans to express their frustration with the current manager.

What am I going to do about what? Lakeys trolling? Is there something else you''re trying to say that I''m missing? Did I tell the fans what to do? No? What it is, make it clear please.

[quote user="Ron Manager"]What am I going to do about what? Lakeys trolling? Is there something else you''re trying to say that I''m missing? Did I tell the fans what to do? No? What it is, make it clear please.[/quote]
It wasn''t a point more of a question to you Ron.
What are you going to do?