Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Goals - and incompetent refereeing

[quote user="king canary"]I''ve just rewatched it- seems like a classic ''six of one, half a dozen of the other'' penalty box wrestling matches. Hardly ''one of the clearest penalties'' of the season.

As mentioned I think he was booked for holding Nelson down on the ground, that led to Nelson''s reaction.[/quote]I would question your ability to fully understand what you are looking at, if only as the highlighted quote abovewhat I did say was"but that is one of the clearest penalties for a long while"  not the same, at allneither can it be thought "''six of one, half a dozen of the other'' when clearly it was the Rotherham defender grabbling Oliveira, whilst he was tring to get freeand this was not a isolated incident as"It was the second altercation within a matter of minutes between the

pair, after Oliveira had come off worse in a stiff challenge from the

Rotherham centre-back which required treatment for the in-form striker."
Which suggests he had been instructed to do a ''hatchet job'' on Oliveira. Not quite as clear cut as useless Norwich and stupid Oliveira, as some on here are trying to make out.

It''s pretty clear cut that if you punch someone on the pitch, whatever the provocation then you''re pretty stupid.

It''s also pretty clear that if you lose 9 games out of 14 then you''re a pretty useless team.

[quote user="king canary"]It''s pretty clear cut that if you punch someone on the pitch, whatever the provocation then you''re pretty stupid.

It''s also pretty clear that if you lose 9 games out of 14 then you''re a pretty useless team.[/quote]so it is provocation now ?and I thought it was all AN''s fault .. or so many on here have been claiming

I think you''d be hard pressed to find a single poster suggesting that Nelson''s red was Neil''s fault.

But then you thought we were playing Barnsley so what do you know?

I believe that Nelson was seeking retribution for an earlier heavy tackle that left him down. That challenge (sending off one) was no different to what every match has every week, his reaction was out of order, but smile truth we were carp before that and losing! rest is immaterial

[quote user="king canary"]I think you''d be hard pressed to find a single poster suggesting that Nelson''s red was Neil''s fault.

But then you thought we were playing Barnsley so what do you know?[/quote]eh ?where did I say that "Nelson''s red was Neil''s fault"stop making stuff up,as to the error I put it down to being involved with something else at the same time, that''s alland certainly not trying to misquote anyone as you have done... yet again

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]I believe that Nelson was seeking retribution for an earlier heavy tackle that left him down. That challenge (sending off one) was no different to what every match has every week, his reaction was out of order, but smile truth we were carp before that and losing! rest is immaterial[/quote]absolute nonsense !a player gets another one in a headlock and pulls him to the ground ! ! !and that is seen every week ! ! !it could be argued that it was equivilant to striking an opponentif the linesman had been on the other side of the pitch with an interupted view it would have been the same card for each and a penalty to City

Who was Nelson marking when we were defending corners (twice before sending off) ? same player, this was building,

Could be argued that could was equivilant to striking an opponent. Sorry can''t justify that striking out ! imo

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Who was Nelson marking when we were defending corners (twice before sending off) ? same player, this was building,

Could be argued that could was equivilant to striking an opponent. Sorry can''t justify that striking out ! imo[/quote]eh ?not sure who Nelson was earlier marking has any relevance to the suggested penaltyor what you mean by "...justify that striking out !"did I say that, anywhere ?

At best the penalty was 50/50, even though we were behind the goal at the other end of the pitch, the only thing we saw clearly was Nelson hitting out, and those around me all felt the same, he had to go. and when that happens the penalty is unlikely to be given imo.

And my point was in the build up to the incident it was obvious that Nelson was out to get him for that earlier challenge.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]At best the penalty was 50/50, even though we were behind the goal at the other end of the pitch, the only thing we saw clearly was Nelson hitting out, and those around me all felt the same, he had to go. and when that happens the penalty is unlikely to be given imo.

And my point was in the build up to the incident it was obvious that Nelson was out to get him for that earlier challenge.[/quote]So why book the Rotherham player ?He had clearly committed a foul, which in this case could only amount to striking an opponent - and that in the penalty box is a penaltyHa the ref not have booked him then the claim would not have the same validityI would suggest you take another look at the highlightsit is a much closer view than you would have got from the other endplayers trying to score from a corner tend not to grab defenders

Giggles

So why book the Rotherham player ?

He had clearly committed a foul, which in this case could only amount to striking an opponent - and that in the penalty box is a penalty

Ha the ref not have booked him then the claim would not have the same validity

I would suggest you take another look at the highlights

it is a much closer view than you would have got from the other end

players trying to score from a corner tend not to grab defenders

Whatever,,,,, but that performance was poor, as were Rotherham, have to say 3 hours in the car trying to find justification for today, and as disappointed at the end of the journey as at the start, maybe your posts have helped me come to terms with the days events and my rehabilitation has begun.

[quote user="Giggles "][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]At best the penalty was 50/50, even though we were behind the goal at the other end of the pitch, the only thing we saw clearly was Nelson hitting out, and those around me all felt the same, he had to go. and when that happens the penalty is unlikely to be given imo.

And my point was in the build up to the incident it was obvious that Nelson was out to get him for that earlier challenge.[/quote]So why book the Rotherham player ?He had clearly committed a foul, which in this case could only amount to striking an opponent - and that in the penalty box is a penaltyHa the ref not have booked him then the claim would not have the same validityI would suggest you take another look at the highlightsit is a much closer view than you would have got from the other endplayers trying to score from a corner tend not to grab defenders[/quote]
He booked him for the tussle/hangbags etc
you can''t give a foul (penalty) when the ball isn''t in play, ball not in play as play had stopped for a free kick to Rotherham by that point

Barnsley?

Cheese for brains strikes again.

Looks like it''s not just simple maths but also geography that perplexes you.

you

can''t give a foul (penalty) when the ball isn''t in play, ball not in

play as play had stopped for a free kick to Rotherham by that point

WHAT ! ! !
ABSOLUTE SH  ITE, IT HAD NOTWATCH THE CLIP AGAIN

[quote user="Giggles "]
you

WHAT ! ! !
[/quote]
Sorry to inform you but I was actually at the match, as the ball came into the box we all heard the refs whistle, several groans of "what for!" and then it all kicked off, the law of football clearly stipulates that the ball must be in play for a foul to be given, ergo a penalty cannot be given.
Sorry but you are just wrong, no amount of shouting will change that.

In the clip the whistle is blown roughly at 26 seconds, Nelson punches the guy at 28 seconds.
What you can''t see because you weren''t there, is when the ref blew his whistle he pointed for a Rotherham free kick, obviously giving a foul for holding or shirt pulling whatever, the point is from that moment the ball is out of play and whatever comes after cannot be a foul to us.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="Giggles "]
you

WHAT ! ! !
[/quote]
Sorry to inform you but I was actually at the match, as the ball came into the box we all heard the refs whistle, several groans of "what for!" and then it all kicked off, the law of football clearly stipulates that the ball must be in play for a foul to be given, ergo a penalty cannot be given.
[/quote]Then I suggest you not only watch the clip again, but in particular listen. The whistle came after they both hit the floor.Look at the referee as the ball comes over, his hands by his sides whereas when he runs over and blows the whistle it is in his left hand.Whatever you heard was not the refs whitle as clearly nothing happened to warrant it until after both players had hit the floorHow was the ball put back into play after the sending off ?

ps the caps weren''t intended, just using a dodgy keyboard at the moment

[quote user="Giggles "][quote user="Ginja"][quote user="Giggles "]
you

WHAT ! ! !
[/quote]
[/quote]Then I suggest you not only watch the clip again, but in particular listen. The whistle came after they both hit the floor.Look at the referee as the ball comes over, his hands by his sides whereas when he runs over and blows the whistle it is in his left hand.Whatever you heard was not the refs whitle as clearly nothing happened to warrant it until after both players had hit the floorHow was the ball put back into play after the sending off ?

ps the caps weren''t intended, just using a dodgy keyboard at the moment[/quote]
No sorry mate, foul had been given to Rotherham, I don''t know how else to say it, I know what I heard and I know what I saw.

perhaps I could have a few behind me shouting

youoooor sh  itarrghhhhwhen I type

[quote user="morty"]Or perhaps you''re a bit mental?[/quote]yes, that would be itI did wonder

This is one of my favourite threads ever.

First a ''dodgy keyboard'' makes you type in caps, 40 point font and bold.

Secondly someone at the game is trying to tell you what happened but your determined it didn''t.

Fantastic.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="Giggles "][quote user="Ginja"][quote user="Giggles "]
you

WHAT ! ! !
[/quote]

ps the caps weren''t intended, just using a dodgy keyboard at the moment[/quote]
No sorry mate, foul had been given to Rotherham, I don''t know how else to say it, I know what I heard and I know what I saw.
[/quote]And I know what everyone else can see on the recorded highlightsthere is no foulmawarde as thye ref does not blow his whistle until they both hit the groundagain look at the clip and tell me where you see the ref blowing his whistle - he doesn''tlisten, and you can hear it after they both hit the ground... clearly on 27 secsif it been blown before then all the players, or at least some would have stoppedwatch it here

There''s little point arguing about the sending off. Can''t we just be happy that we lost? Neil should be removed from his job sooner or later.

[quote user="king canary"]This is one of my favourite threads ever.

First a ''dodgy keyboard'' makes you type in caps, 40 point font and bold.

Secondly someone at the game is trying to tell you what happened but your determined it didn''t.

Fantastic.[/quote]it''s a work keyboard and is a bit knackeredyou are telling me that I should not believe what I see clearly non TV with zoom lene, but someone who was around a hundred yards away ! ! !dear metake another look at the highlight, they not only afford you a much, much nearer view but also allow you to re run the incident to see what all parties did, including the referee