Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Goals - and incompetent refereeing

goalstwo sloppy goals to concedeand one penalty that should have been awardedif not, then what was the Barnsley defender booked for ?if it was for pulling Oliveira to the fall the it has to be a penalty, irrespective of the subsequent red card, as that was because of Oliveira''s action AFTER the foul

What the hell was a Barnsley player doing on the pitch? Damn no wonder we lost? ''snigger snigger''😂😅😄

The ref completely spoiled the match with petty decisions all given for Rotherham and fouls on our players, two that I remember, for definite going through the back legs of players and no yellow cards. It made me think there was something dodgy.

But yes, poor defending which as usual is our biggest weakness, we all know that.

Nelson was in a headlock. Rightly red carded for his reaction as he was extremely frustrated. That ref today joins the list for me as one of the ones that are quite inept.

Their keeper had a good game too but lacked class at the end with his behaviour to NCFC fans. Still he has league 1 still to look forward to.

[quote user="Ron Manager"]What the hell was a Barnsley player doing on the pitch? Damn no wonder we lost? ''snigger snigger''😂😅😄[/quote]Hands upno excusesmy mistakebut in reply to Morty, I will maintain that was a penaltynothing more as I did not see the game so cannot say what we got was deserved or notbut that is one of the clearest penalties for a long whileso why was the ''ahem'' Rotherham player booked ... what did he do ?

[quote user="Biggles flies undone"]goalstwo sloppy goals to concedeand one penalty that should have been awardedif not, then what was the Barnsley defender booked for ?if it was for pulling Oliveira to the fall the it has to be a penalty, irrespective of the subsequent red card, as that was because of Oliveira''s action AFTER the foul[/quote]Not to mention Incompetent Posting

I''ve just rewatched it- seems like a classic ''six of one, half a dozen of the other'' penalty box wrestling matches. Hardly ''one of the clearest penalties'' of the season.

As mentioned I think he was booked for holding Nelson down on the ground, that led to Nelson''s reaction.

[quote user="king canary"]Barnsley?

I think Broadfoot was booked for his part in the afters- just not considered worthy of a red.[/quote]there was NO ''afters'' - watch the highlightshe is tugging at Oliveira then puts his arm around his neck before pulling him to the floorthat is a penaltywhat Oliveira does is the only ''afters''therefore the booking has to be for the foul he committed BEFORE Oliveira hit him, ergo a penalty

Giggles, you do raise an interesting point, if a foul is given for a tackle does the realitation of a back hander supercede the original foul? Should we have been given a penalty first and then Oliveira sent off r does his reaction cancel out the original foul and he gets sent off and a free kick to Barnsley..oops..Rotherham?!

Giggles, Lol, am doing well tonight with spell check! Biggles obviously!

[quote user="king canary"]I''ve just rewatched it- seems like a classic ''six of one, half a dozen of the other'' penalty box wrestling matches. Hardly ''one of the clearest penalties'' of the season.

As mentioned I think he was booked for holding Nelson down on the ground, that led to Nelson''s reaction.[/quote]

Pity Nelsons reaction wasn''t a half nelson then only a Yellow

[quote user="king canary"]I''ve just rewatched it- seems like a classic ''six of one, half a dozen of the other'' penalty box wrestling matches. Hardly ''one of the clearest penalties'' of the season.

As mentioned I think he was booked for holding Nelson down on the ground, that led to Nelson''s reaction.[/quote]what !he was in that position because he had dragged Oliveira to the floorto say that keeping your arm around a players neck is a booking offence whereas impeding his movement by grabbing him then pulling him to the floor is not is absurd !I''ve seen penalties given for merely pulling at the shirtadds a whole new meaning to a half Nelson

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Giggles, you do raise an interesting point, if a foul is given for a tackle does the realitation of a back hander supercede the original foul? Should we have been given a penalty first and then Oliveira sent off r does his reaction cancel out the original foul and he gets sent off and a free kick to Barnsley..oops..Rotherham?![/quote]No, no reaction can do thatImagine a player through on goal who is brought down in the area, then gets up a clocks the defenderof course it would be a penaltyhow many times have we seen play brought back after playing the advantage or a player then bookedall I can say here is that that the linesman may have had his view blocked and then the ref only had his attention drawn when two players were on the floor

carrying on a squabble with anotherOliveira in this casethankfully we get none of that on here

you should try itit would be wonderfully therapeutic(for us anyway)just make sure you take a stool to stand on if you are using one of those photo booths

[quote user="Giggles "]you should try itit would be wonderfully therapeutic(for us anyway)just make sure you take a stool to stand on if you are using one of those photo booths[/quote]Awww, bless, I can tell that I have annoyed you.I''ll stick the same username and avatar I have had since 2003, thanks.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Giggles "]you should try itit would be wonderfully therapeutic(for us anyway)just make sure you take a stool to stand on if you are using one of those photo booths[/quote]Awww, bless, I can tell that I have annoyed you.I''ll stick the same username and avatar I have had since 2003, thanks.[/quote]drat and double dratyou may have an affect on most of us Morty but for my part I would hardly call it annoyingnow let''s get back on topic

[quote user="Giggles "][quote user="morty"][quote user="Giggles "]you should try itit would be wonderfully therapeutic(for us anyway)just make sure you take a stool to stand on if you are using one of those photo booths[/quote]Awww, bless, I can tell that I have annoyed you.I''ll stick the same username and avatar I have had since 2003, thanks.[/quote]drat and double dratyou may have an affect on most of us Morty but for my part I would hardly call it annoyingnow let''s get back on topic[/quote]Agreed.So how come there was a Barnsley player on the pitch?

As mentioned I think he was booked for holding Nelson down on the ground, that led to Nelson''s reaction.[/quote]

However you look at it holding a player down on the ground in the penalty area is indisputably a penalty, and no way either that the retaliation which was punished by the red card cancels that out.

Should have been a penalty and a red card but the referee was incompetent and one-sided throughout so no surprise he only did half a job.

Sounded like Rotherham were first to every lose ball and closed us down as a team.

Sounded like our lot couldn''t be fcked to win the individual battles on the pitch till after the sending off and even towards the end only put the pressure on every now and again.