Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Edwards

Are we all geared for disappointment? Is it just us?

Football has changed but so have we.

http://www.alongcomenorwich.com/articles/groundhog-day-is-getting-boring

If someone could make the link clickable I''d appreciate it. Can''t do it on my phone for some reason.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Cheers Morty👍[/quote]Good article, by the way.I mostly agree with the premise, but it doesn''t let the club off the hook entirely for how a few things are being handled just now.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Cheers Morty👍[/quote]Good article, by the way.I mostly agree with the premise, but it doesn''t let the club off the hook entirely for how a few things are being handled just now.[/quote]

And nor is it supposed to.

I''ve just tried to stay as balanced and honest as I can. Things are rightly being criticised but reactions are magnified because of our form too.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Cheers Morty👍[/quote]Good article, by the way.I mostly agree with the premise, but it doesn''t let the club off the hook entirely for how a few things are being handled just now.[/quote]

And nor is it supposed to.

I''ve just tried to stay as balanced and honest as I can. Things are rightly being criticised but reactions are magnified because of our form too.[/quote][Y]

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Football has changed but so have we.[/quote]I disagree, football for me is all about winning, anyone who pretends it doesn''t matter as long as its a good game is never going to enjoy the true ecstasy and despair of being a NCFC supporter.Yes, there are different expectations when we play at different levels but basically it comes down to this:-If we win we are happy.If we don''t win we are unhappy and its got to be someones fault.

Expectations change with time, that is only natural.

My frustration with the current set up though stems from a feeling of consistent missed opportunities. The Lambert years gave us a springboard from our lowest point to our highest. The opportunities were there for us but through a mixture of naivety and incompetence we''ve thrown away too many good opportunities to establish ourselves and I can''t help but think this seasons missed opportunity will be the last one for a while.

The point about some viewing where we are just now as "the lowest ebb ever" is a good one though.You don''t have to have supported Norwich for very long to know that we have been in a far, far worse state than this!

ah - the managers / owners modern days worst scenario - burden of the fans 2 Es, entitlement and expectation.