Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Parma, come on down!!

Wow!! Being just a simple builder who spends quite alot of time in France, I just come on here to parlez football and the odd comment on political stuff.

This thread has gone way over my head!

There is a very small minority of posters on here that quite simply do not have a life.

Bagster, I confess I come on here to avoid what I should be doing, which presently consists of rerouting my mains input cable so I can finish the last of the plasterboarding & then continue with second fix on the electrics. That''s before connecting the downstairs WC to the inspection chamber so I can get the plumber in to finish off, then I can get the plasterers in, clean the beams off, repair the chimney brickwork, second fix the carpentry, hang the doors & start to decorate ....

I really shouldn''t be here.

Hahahhaha....this is such a funny thread. I now wish I had bothered to read it last night as it would have cheered me no end. Parma is a quite brilliant poster whose articulacy, intelligence and technical knowledge is I reckon unparalleled on this forum. But just read that post last night! I mean just read each line. It''s wonderful and a fantastic wind up. He says he likes a certain anonymity but in his first post he tells you, laying it on thick, that he is a successful businessman and not only in the UK, this guy is Pan-European. Goodness me if he is not real then he has a terrific inferiority complex that would lend one to worry.

Like Chops, Bor, True Grit, T and a few more lets just enjoy the posts because we have a serious comedian and artist in our midst. And in anything there can be alchemical gold. That''s what Parma is for me. ''He'' has some wonderful descriptions and explanations that keep me interested and bothering to read. What else could we want? Oh yes, our team to entertain or interest us ( you choose which verb) as much as Parma does.

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Fine, good for you Nigel, but still have this feeling that Parma is our elusive T. He seemed legit but the manner and grammar of his text above is very reminiscent of the said T. Nigel, off to bed now, too tired to carry on with your BS. Will pick this up tomorrow afternoon if its ok with you. Just don''t make it personal please, I have not been personal with you and don''t intend to be. Oh and LDC is a troll, not in the Binner mould but a troll nonetheless![/quote]

You are obsessed at the moment Ron and the more you keep saying "LDC  is a troll" the more you look like one yourself.  If everyone who was provocative from time to time was regarded as a troll, there wouldn''t be many who wouldn''t be counted as such.  Life''s full of different people with different backgrounds, experience and attitudes - vive le difference.  Oh, and if I appear to post something to get a reaction - and not all my stuff is like that btw - it is because I feel strongly about something.  People don''t like that, especially if it forces them out if their comfort zone of how they think things are. But that''s tough.  And the idea put forward that I post contrary stuff just to get a reaction, is ridiculous. Don''t be fooled by narrow minded wannabe forum dominators posing as "one of the lads".  They are more here for their own  self-engrandisment than the worst of trolls.

Sorry to have gone off topic there. I too love Parma''s input on this board and am surprised that people question his authenticity. Just because you don''t understand someone doesn''t have to make them have some hidden agenda!

[quote user="morty"]You are a troll though.You post things just to get a reaction.[/quote]Is he clockwork do you reckon?  I was enjoying this thread, then boing there he is again moaning about Ron calling him a troll.........nothing to do with anything else on the thread...............I despair, it''s Sunday as well!

Bagster, its up to each individual how they use this forum. But to me it seems more likely that its those who crave anonymity in order to troll others that don''t have a life.

Parma and Lakey exist. And as far as I know the claims they make on here check out. Our little community has reason to be grateful to both.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Bagster, its up to each individual how they use this forum. But to me it seems more likely that its those who crave anonymity in order to troll others that don''t have a life.

Parma and Lakey exist. And as far as I know the claims they make on here check out. Our little community has reason to be grateful to both.[/quote]

And True Grit, they''re all entertaining

Just to clarify Nigel, I was not pointing the finger at parma or ldc.

Personally I like Parma''s threads.

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"]You are a troll though.You post things just to get a reaction.[/quote]Is he clockwork do you reckon?  I was enjoying this thread, then boing there he is again moaning about Ron calling him a troll.........nothing to do with anything else on the thread...............I despair, it''s Sunday as well![/quote]If people would just get off their hobby horses about me, we could all move on. As long as the likes of morty and Ron keep following me aound with their pointless accusations, the more it is going to be a pain in the neck for everybody else.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Am I in the minority in that I what I post on here is the way I am off here?[/quote]You are exactly the same online as in real life, as am I.Like you say, all about honesty.I have an extreme dislike for people who have to create some kind of E-personality, then have to hide behind anonymity because of it.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"]You are a troll though.You post things just to get a reaction.[/quote]Is he clockwork do you reckon?  I was enjoying this thread, then boing there he is again moaning about Ron calling him a troll.........nothing to do with anything else on the thread...............I despair, it''s Sunday as well![/quote]If people would just get off their hobby horses about me, we could all move on. As long as the likes of morty and Ron keep following me aound with their pointless accusations, the more it is going to be a pain in the neck for everybody else.

[/quote]The answer is to stop doing it.You know exactly what you are doing.

Agreed Morty.

As I said earlier I would suggest it''s those who don''t have a life? Or perhaps have one they like to escape from.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]The answer is to stop doing it.You know exactly what you are doing.[/quote]You talking to yourself? 

[/quote]I may as well, because you don''t listen.....

I suggest you go re-read the numpties thread, to remind yourself what the majority of this forum thinks of your "football" opinions, lakey.

Any chance we could split the ''Main Discussion'' forum into two? One where we discuss NCFC, and one where posters discuss each other?

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Any chance we could split the ''Main Discussion'' forum into two? One where we discuss NCFC, and one where posters discuss each other?[/quote]I can actually guess which one would be more popular....

People despair of politicians. They avoid questions and don''t explain clearly their actions, standpoints and opinions.

Due to the contrary, misrepresentative nature of tabloid journalism, they have adopted the ''never apologise, never explain'' modus operandi to articles whether true or false, as they - or their response - then becomes the story.

The flaw in this defence is that the vacuum gap is filled by innuendo, supposition, guesswork and self-projection from those whose only desire is to reinforce the opinion they started with. This cannot be avoided.

I have written an average one post every week or so since 2003, with the sole intention of sharing a perspective from a professional viewpoint that is not always available or shared. There are limits to this and it inevitably appears alien at times. It is not for everyone and not is it intended to be, that is the beauty of social media, it is a free platform with far-reaching access for anyone regardless of how niche or bespoke their interests.

I retain an anonymity for professional reasons and I do not dumb down my language or analysis for personal reasons. The Masterclasses and other commentary are openly available and - even retrospectively in my view - stand up to scrutiny, even offering good levels of foresight at times. The analysis may contribute to shared understanding and may catalyse other productive actions.

It is selfish and indulgent from me in the sense that part of the purpose is to sharpen my own coaching claws. It is not so unusual. When Mourinho was out of work, he watched Manchester United games, analysing, planning , compiling dossiers in great detail, potential signings, game plans, squad reshaping. Meticulous preparation for a job he covered, without any certainty he would ever get it.

Whilst social media can provide a parallel universe, alter-ego platform for some, I am entirely happy in the skin I was born in and proud of my diverse achievements inside and outside football. Some were financially rewarding, some emotionally rewarding. Any skills I may have have been earned via hard work, determination and a willingness to confront my own weaknesses and flaws.

Be it football manager, business owner, non-dom trustafarian, bingo-calling bog cleaner or paperboy, that is a framework to drive forward from.

Parma

To be fair Nigel whilst I am in France,in the middle of nowhere there is definitely an element of escapism for me when I come on here but I think my online persona is a pretty accurate reflection of me.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Ron Manager"]Oh wow, I''m about to get even more insulted and derided but reading Parma''s post I think we have finally found out who the elusive ''T'' is! Parma was doing so well until I read the following;

"I moved into business some time ago and currently own and run more than one Company and have a network of Joint Venture partners across Europe and beyond, it is not something I would distract myself from lightly.

I am not so much older than Alex Neil and have plenty of time to move back into full time professional football, though I would need to complete my Pro Licence. Mind you well qualified friends at the FA would no doubt be very supportive.

I suspect that my skills - and the fundamental requirements of the club - may be better served via a Sporting Director-style role. We have discussed the importance of a meaningful, deeply ingrained, coherently-expressed philosophy and template throughout the club"

This is T all over and for my mind Parma has been having a massive laugh at our expense! Quoting training text books and delivering them as gospel, just as our T did on the EU thread! I for one was taken in but I can''t help but see T in most of his posts now! Anyway, as I said, derrission all round for me, tin hat will be insufficient, fill your boots, Nutty but don''t make it personal please!

OTBC and all that, Parma, I salute you, well played![/quote]I find this a strange attitude. Football fans come from all walks of life, ranges of education, and levels of achievement. If I said I had gone to Oxford and Harvard, then become an influential journalist, then moved into politics, becoming a cabinet minister, I imagine that would be ridiculed, but it is the CV of Ed Balls. And I can think of the career paths of other Norwich City fans that would be similar. Peter Cullum would be another easy example.It is just as believable that someone (T) works in European finance or that someone used to be a player and now runs businesses (Parma). And actually I regard that as more likely than the exotic claim of having been a bingo-calling bog cleaner...[;)][/quote]Ed Balls-up is regularly ridiculed though! 

"nutty nigel" Am I in the minority in that I what I post on here is the way I am off here?

"Morty"

You are exactly the same online as in real life, as am I.

Like you say, all about honesty. have an extreme dislike for people who have to create some kind of E-personality, then have to hide behind anonymity because of it.

It is hard enough being me, let alone pretending being some one else.

[quote user="ZLF"]"nutty nigel" Am I in the minority in that I what I post on here is the way I am off here?

"Morty"

You are exactly the same online as in real life, as am I.

Like you say, all about honesty. have an extreme dislike for people who have to create some kind of E-personality, then have to hide behind anonymity because of it.

It is hard enough being me, let alone pretending being some one else.[/quote]Who said that?  [8-)]