Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Parma, come on down!!

I''m serious. Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

Unless he is a complete fantasist (& I do not think he is), he is well involved in the professional coaching world already. His lectures (for they are surely that) display articulacy, emotional & intellectual intelligence way beyond the reach of any but a handful of managers I''ve seen.

Whether he''d want the job I do not know; his comments on the Moneyball thread make me wonder if part of him might be interested, but, listening to Paul Warne - & Neil''s post match interview - make you wonder if it''s a job any sane man would consider.

Has he the character? Does he have the self belief - the necessary arrogance? Could he make the players believe???

I know there''s not a cat in Hell''s chance of it happening, but wouldn''t it be wonderful to have a manager who could actually out-think the opposition, organise the players better, employ superior tactics? I reckon it could be an amazing appointment ...

Oh well, back to the land of dreams ...

He''s a great asset to this message board. I''d hate to see him on the receiving end of abuse on here. He''s also a genuine guy and a top PUP that we can''t afford to lose.

Thank you Ron, it''s not a practical option, but I very much appreciate the kind words on this thread.

I moved into business some time ago and currently own and run more than one Company and have a network of Joint Venture partners across Europe and beyond, it is not something I would distract myself from lightly.

I am not so much older than Alex Neil and have plenty of time to move back into full time professional football, though I would need to complete my Pro Licence. Mind you well qualified friends at the FA would no doubt be very supportive.

I suspect that my skills - and the fundamental requirements of the club - may be better served via a Sporting Director-style role. We have discussed the importance of a meaningful, deeply ingrained, coherently-expressed philosophy and template throughout the club.

Simply firing billets from a revolving chamber of managers will never be enough to address the cohesion and joined-up knowledge sharing required across all stakeholders, levels and functions to make a club truly perform above its mean level and provide successful, understood methodology and continuity of style, approach, recruitment and resource management.

I don''t believe in quick fixes, parlour-trick promises or throwing money at every problem. We require Norwich-centric solutions and an identity that attracts, educates and inspires beyond money, transfer fees and false prophet Managers.

If this is a modern-day Crewe rather than an ersatz Chelsea, then so be it. Establish a technical, tactically-advanced school of football that foreshadows tomorrow''s innovations, rather than riding on the coat tails of existing vanguard models.

This kind is aspiration is attractive beyond money. It will not attract Diego Costa, but it might attract the next Dele Alli or Marco Verratti, a young player who wants to showcase his talents in an imaginative, challenging, tactically innovative environment that improves each and every player that it touches.

Where analytics is not just state-of-the-art, it is normal part of the training and education process. Where expanding brain power and forming, reforming and reinforcing positive neural pathways to aid decision-making under pressure is as natural a part of daily training as who to pick up at corners. Where players work, eat, rest and play in a club environment that envelops their lives far, far beyond 10-12 training sessions.

Parma

Sent from my iPhone

possibly a little bit too long for Private Eye''s pseuds cornerbut it still has some classics"We have discussed the importance of a meaningful, deeply ingrained,

coherently-expressed philosophy and template throughout the club."A work of art if you don''t mind me saying

Poor little Giggles[sad face], somebody more popular than you[another sad face].

Parma is a nice guy and a very knowledgeable guy but throwing him into this melting pot is not the thing to do right now. Giggles seems to know how to deal with this slide so lets see what he thinks is the right thing to do? Although I suspect Giggles is happy to leave things as they are(as I was until I realised something is deeply amiss) .

[quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]Poor little Giggles[sad face], somebody more popular than you[another sad face].

Parma is a nice guy and a very knowledgeable guy but throwing him into this melting pot is not the thing to do right now. Giggles seems to know how to deal with this slide so lets see what he thinks is the right thing to do? Although I suspect Giggles is happy to leave things as they are(as I was until I realised something is deeply amiss) .[/quote] I still say it is one of the cleverest send ups I have read for a whileMuch as when Private Eye quotes similar newspeak twaddle and lists it under Birtspeak

It''s the whole Ian Hislop and the scouts connection that puts me off the Private eye thing so I''m not a subscriber as you seem to be. Always found the scouts a bit creepy.

[quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]It''s the whole Ian Hislop and the scouts connection that puts me off the Private eye thing so I''m not a subscriber as you seem to be. Always found the scouts a bit creepy.[/quote]not so much, a subscriber

Oh wow, I''m about to get even more insulted and derided but reading Parma''s post I think we have finally found out who the elusive ''T'' is! Parma was doing so well until I read the following;

"I moved into business some time ago and currently own and run more than one Company and have a network of Joint Venture partners across Europe and beyond, it is not something I would distract myself from lightly.

I am not so much older than Alex Neil and have plenty of time to move back into full time professional football, though I would need to complete my Pro Licence. Mind you well qualified friends at the FA would no doubt be very supportive.

I suspect that my skills - and the fundamental requirements of the club - may be better served via a Sporting Director-style role. We have discussed the importance of a meaningful, deeply ingrained, coherently-expressed philosophy and template throughout the club"

This is T all over and for my mind Parma has been having a massive laugh at our expense! Quoting training text books and delivering them as gospel, just as our T did on the EU thread! I for one was taken in but I can''t help but see T in most of his posts now! Anyway, as I said, derrission all round for me, tin hat will be insufficient, fill your boots, Nutty but don''t make it personal please!

OTBC and all that, Parma, I salute you, well played!

Oh and don''t derail this thread now Nigel. Have a go at the post but do t make it personal please. Post or poster as you soooooo like to say!

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Oh wow, I''m about to get even more insulted and derided but reading Parma''s post I think we have finally found out who the elusive ''T'' is! Parma was doing so well until I read the following;

"I moved into business some time ago and currently own and run more than one Company and have a network of Joint Venture partners across Europe and beyond, it is not something I would distract myself from lightly.

I suspect that my skills - and the fundamental requirements of the club - may be better served via a Sporting Director-style role. We have discussed the importance of a meaningful, deeply ingrained, coherently-expressed philosophy and template throughout the club"

This is T all over and for my mind Parma has been having a massive laugh at our expense! Quoting training text books and delivering them as gospel, just as our T did on the EU thread! I for one was taken in but I can''t help but see T in most of his posts now! Anyway, as I said, derrission all round for me, tin hat will be insufficient, fill your boots, Nutty but don''t make it personal please!

OTBC and all that, Parma, I salute you, well played![/quote]

I thought it was blindingly obvious from the first, and supposed others were in on it, as wellnow why might this young chap add this[quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]Poor little Giggles[sad face],

somebody more popular than you[another sad face].

Parma is a nice guy and a very knowledgeable guy but throwing him into

this melting pot is not the thing to do right now. Giggles seems to know

how to deal with this slide so lets see what he thinks is the right

thing to do? Although I suspect Giggles is happy to leave things as they

are(as I was until I realised something is deeply amiss) .[/quote]hmmm

I have to admit it''s all getting a bit OTT now (& I''m beginning to suspect a WUM myself) but it certainly isn''t T. His posts are much less articulate, much more blunt & repetitive.

This could perhaps be a Chops job? Who can say; in the one electron multiverse all things are possible. Are we all, perhaps, mapping our collective consciousness onto a 5-dimensional hyper surface in 6-dimensional Tau space??

Answers on a postcard ( a virtual one ...)

My post is honest. WTF are you on about? Nigel, leave the personal bits to another day, do you think I''m right? No? Then post why not. Somehow I can''t see you posting with a smile ATM, bit hell, you love to stir!

[quote user="morty"]Is there a full moon tonight?[:|][/quote]

No......ooooooooooh !

Always post with a smile Ron. Even when I know I''m being trolled. I keep it honest. I''m happy for everyone to know who I am.

I''ve met Parma 3 or 4 times. I''ve necer met T. I don''t see the likeness though. What I will say is that I''ve found Parma to be honest and a man of his word. I''ve sat with him at a game and he understands some of the play better than me. He can see players making runs that I miss. I''d be happy to sit with him every week.

But does he have a top hat with spats ?does he say ''it should''ve been us, bor"or is his conversation more"Simply firing billets from a revolving chamber of managers will never be

enough to address the cohesion and joined-up knowledge sharing required

across all stakeholders, levels and functions to make a club truly

perform above its mean level and provide successful, understood

methodology and continuity of style, approach, recruitment and resource

management."

Young? I wish. I used to limbo under those big gates at the corner of the Barclay and Main stand opposite the Boulton & Paul factory before most on this board were even born. Going back to the railway station to get my train home to Thetford was a walk along the river with the occasional ruckus along the way. The Barclay middle pen was my home in those days and even Thetford had a supporters club and I traveled to every away game cup and league for many,many years. I was arrested at that notorious game at Brighton(they made us take our DM''s off outside and watch in our socks)for biting a police dog that bit me first and I had to go back to Brighton for the court case and got a hefty £100 fine. So enough of the young please.

Mmm, ok Nigel, hell, you know a lot of people. So Parma sits with you at games, sometimes. Did he intimate that he has multiple overseas ventures or is a previous NCFC coach. He made so much sense in his posts and seemed genuinely to be the muttsnuts. I did wonder why he would post on this site but we all have are pecidilos. I really believed him up to that point but his last post was so reminiscent of T and his EU posts that the assumption seemed logical. Where I was dishonest I don''t know, please tell me?

[quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]Young? I wish. I used to limbo under those big gates at the corner of the Barclay and Main stand opposite the Boulton & Paul factory before most on this board were even born. Going back to the railway station to get my train home to Thetford was a walk along the river with the occasional ruckus along the way. The Barclay middle pen was my home in those days and even Thetford had a supporters club and I traveled to every away game cup and league for many,many years. I was arrested at that notorious game at Brighton(they made us take our DM''s off outside and watch in our socks)for biting a police dog that bit me first and I had to go back to Brighton for the court case and got a hefty £100 fine. So enough of the young please.[/quote]I remember an attractive girl from Thetford, often used to see her at games and a blonde haired young ladMind you that was before the pens when rival fans were kept apart by a row of the old bill, and we would stand on the grass at the top of the Barclay watching away fans turning up, usually one in a butchers white coatand every where had **** rules ok sprayed on ithappy days... young man