Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Eddie

Before we all get too hopefull about Davenport...

He was quoted after the Brighton game as saying:

"This weekend''s win at Charlton is proof Spurs are going places and I want to be a part of that."

If Spurs tell him he''ll get his chance then he''ll want to go back and fight for his place.

As he said:

"it''s a question of whether I will get the chance."

You''re right Eddie.  IMO we have little or no chance at getting Dav perminantly. His heart is still at Spurs.  Yes, he''s enjoying his football.  But that''s only because he''s playing I think.  He still wants another crack at the big time

Ah well then, if the lad doesn''t want to play for us so be it, he should go back to Spurs.

But if he is interested in Norwich City then we should bust a gut to keep him.

Long way behind in Spurs CB pecking order behind King, Naybet, Dawson and Gardner (injured) so I wouldn''t give up hope, with Shacell maybe long term absentee Nigel may need to do a deal come January.

Being optimistic, I think the best we can hope for is to extend his loan into a season-long one, get promoted and then buy him.Or he''ll go back and fight for his place at Spurs. Which, let''s face it, on his current form looks highly likely.

What do you expect him to say? If one of our players went on loan and said "I don''t want to go back to Norwich because I like it here" he would be really screwed if he did come back here. He will say he likes Spurs and wants to be part of it and he will say that he is enjoying his spell at Norwich. That way he doesn''t alienate anybody. We should know from the days of the Hux transfer that public utterances often have nothing to do with real life events.

Amarillo, I''m not sure if we can extend his loan to the end of the season - i thought season long loans had to be agreed before the season starts. If this is so the earliest we could buy him would be January but as his loan runs out in December we would be without him for a few weeks anyway until window opens. If anybody knows the ruling on this please post as I''m not 100 sure on this.

[quote]Amarillo, I''m not sure if we can extend his loan to the end of the season - i thought season long loans had to be agreed before the season starts. If this is so the earliest we could buy him would be ...[/quote]

you can do a ''half-season'' loan in the transfer window, during January.

[quote]What do you expect him to say? If one of our players went on loan and said "I don''t want to go back to Norwich because I like it here" he would be really screwed if he did come back here. He will say ...[/quote]

Exactly right Tumbleweed.  He is hardly going to say "I hate Spurs and I can''t wait to leave".  I think when players go out on loan they have to be very careful and show equal amounts of commitment to both clubs involved.