Sign in to follow this  
exiled blue

As a neutral bystander, i have to ask...

I''m not lining anyone''s pockets and have so much football at my fingertips I really struggle to get off my @rse on a cold winters day to go and boo the lads at carrow road it gets harder every week , the wheels will come off in the end and there will be a huge crash and it will all come tumbling down!

Canary Wundaboy: "Are you seriously telling me that we''re a less tempting club that QPR or Bournemouth?"

If you can''t see that the answer to this is yes, then you really do have Norfolk blinkers on! To one of these famed foreigners, Norwich is nowhere, and it takes forever to get there. QPR is in possibly the most famous city in the world. Bournemouth might be slightly more out of the way, but it''s on the south coast, it''s relatively easy (Southern Railway aside) to get to London and the rest of the south from there and is down the coast from Sandbanks which has the fourth highest land value in the world.

I think most football would agree with Delia and Micheal views as printed in the Times interview but that has no bearing on the football world we live in. People used to travel but coach and horses then came the railways and then the car like them or loath them would you still commute in a pony and trap which is what D MWJ are try to do. The past is the past like it or not you can''t stand there like king Canute trying to stop the tide so D and MWJ stop trying to hold the football tide back and start swimming or the club will slowly drown. Fans will start to leave the sinking ship. I remember the days of only 6000 attending matches in PL. so as true Norfolk boy don''t let our flagship sink in lower in the water.

We are a community club where the fans get a say in how things are run. Except when it comes to whether to sack a failing manager. Then it''s Delia who gets the deciding vote.

[quote user="Len"]We are a community club where the fans get a say in how things are run. Except when it comes to whether to sack a failing manager. Then it''s Delia who gets the deciding vote.[/quote]How do we get a say in how things are run?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Len"]We are a community club where the fans get a say in how things are run. Except when it comes to whether to sack a failing manager. Then it''s Delia who gets the deciding vote.[/quote]How do we get a say in how things are run?[/quote]Have you forgotten already?!

[quote user="Len"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Len"]We are a community club where the fans get a say in how things are run. Except when it comes to whether to sack a failing manager. Then it''s Delia who gets the deciding vote.[/quote]How do we get a say in how things are run?[/quote]Have you forgotten already?![/quote]Lets pretend I have...

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Len"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Len"]We are a community club where the fans get a say in how things are run. Except when it comes to whether to sack a failing manager. Then it''s Delia who gets the deciding vote.[/quote]How do we get a say in how things are run?[/quote]Have you forgotten already?![/quote]Lets pretend I have...[/quote][url=http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/3466829/ShowPost.aspx]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/3466829/ShowPost.aspx[/url]

[quote user="Len"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Len"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Len"]We are a community club where the fans get a say in how things are run. Except when it comes to whether to sack a failing manager. Then it''s Delia who gets the deciding vote.[/quote]How do we get a say in how things are run?[/quote]Have you forgotten already?![/quote]Lets pretend I have...[/quote][url=http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/3466829/ShowPost.aspx]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/3466829/ShowPost.aspx[/url][/quote]Thats not an actual say in how things are run though, is it?Yeah its the club listening, but they have no obligation to act on any of it. I should imagine there are consultation groups like that at every club.

[quote user="Len"]We are a community club where the fans get a say in how things are run. Except when it comes to whether to sack a failing manager. Then it''s Delia who gets the deciding vote.[/quote]I have no idea why you would think that. The club operates, like pretty much every other one in the top four tiers of English football (and below), on capitalist lines, with ownership (and influence, by way of buying directorships) determined by money. The club has never been a workers'' or fans'' co-operative in the way you seem to think. It likes to suggest it talks to fans but has never ever credibly claimed they have a meaningful say.If you want an example of a club that purported to come close to that model of fans'' ownership/influence, with them having a genuine say, it was Swansea, with the trust owning 20 per cent of the shares and having a supporter-director. Except that the chairman made a packet by surreptitiously selling the club to American buyers without the trust/supporter-director knowing a  blind thing about it.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Len"]We are a community club where the fans get a say in how things are run. Except when it comes to whether to sack a failing manager. Then it''s Delia who gets the deciding vote.[/quote]I have no idea why you would think that. The club operates, like pretty much every other one in the top four tiers of English football (and below), on capitalist lines, with ownership (and influence, by way of buying directorships) determined by money. The club has never been a workers'' or fans'' co-operative in the way you seem to think. It likes to suggest it talks to fans but has never ever credibly claimed they have a meaningful say.If you want an example of a club that purported to come close to that model of fans'' ownership/influence, with them having a genuine say, it was Swansea, with the trust owning 20 per cent of the shares and having a supporter-director. Except that the chairman made a packet by surreptitiously selling the club to American buyers without the trust/supporter-director knowing a  blind thing about it.[/quote]

That''s as maybe but at least they listened to offers and did right by the club by selling it to richer investors.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Len"]We are a community club where the fans get a say in how things are run. Except when it comes to whether to sack a failing manager. Then it''s Delia who gets the deciding vote.[/quote]I have no idea why you would think that. The club operates, like pretty much every other one in the top four tiers of English football (and below), on capitalist lines, with ownership (and influence, by way of buying directorships) determined by money. The club has never been a workers'' or fans'' co-operative in the way you seem to think. It likes to suggest it talks to fans but has never ever credibly claimed they have a meaningful say.If you want an example of a club that purported to come close to that model of fans'' ownership/influence, with them having a genuine say, it was Swansea, with the trust owning 20 per cent of the shares and having a supporter-director. Except that the chairman made a packet by surreptitiously selling the club to American buyers without the trust/supporter-director knowing a  blind thing about it.[/quote]I''m glad that''s cleared up. Wynn-Jones and wife are custodians on behalf of fans, with fans having little real influence on things. It all sounds a bit like a nanny state.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Len"]We are a community club where the fans get a say in how things are run. Except when it comes to whether to sack a failing manager. Then it''s Delia who gets the deciding vote.[/quote]I have no idea why you would think that. The club operates, like pretty much every other one in the top four tiers of English football (and below), on capitalist lines, with ownership (and influence, by way of buying directorships) determined by money. The club has never been a workers'' or fans'' co-operative in the way you seem to think. It likes to suggest it talks to fans but has never ever credibly claimed they have a meaningful say.If you want an example of a club that purported to come close to that model of fans'' ownership/influence, with them having a genuine say, it was Swansea, with the trust owning 20 per cent of the shares and having a supporter-director. Except that the chairman made a packet by surreptitiously selling the club to American buyers without the trust/supporter-director knowing a  blind thing about it.[/quote]

That''s as maybe but at least they listened to offers and did right by the club by selling it to richer investors
.[/quote]That has nothing to do with the point I was answering. Yes, Swansea listened to offers (as it happens Smith and Jones later rowed back a bit from the idea, which was dumb of them to articulate, and just as dumb to contemplate, that they would not even listen to offers, and if we are being strict about this they have no choice but to listen to and pass on offers, as opposed to mere outline proposals). But it is tendentious to say Swansea did the right thing by definition by selling to richer investors. There are richer investors and richer investors, and those chosen by Swansea promptly did what looked like, and turned out to be,  a highy questionable decision by way of their first managerial choice.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]I know.

Sorry Purple, I was being mischievous. I''m in complete agreement with you.[/quote]Ah. I should have learned my own lesson. Several months ago I did what I thought was plainly a joke post purporting to believe we were about to be taken over by some magnate who was actually in the process of buying Everton. Parma got the joke straight away, with a "Toffee" reference, but some others took it at straight-face value. I admitted then I should have plastered the post with winking emoticons.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]I know.

Sorry Purple, I was being mischievous. I''m in complete agreement with you.[/quote]Ah. I should have learned my own lesson. Several months ago I did what I thought was plainly a joke post purporting to believe we were about to be taken over by some magnate who was actually in the process of buying Everton. Parma got the joke straight away, with a "Toffee" reference, but some others took it at straight-face value. I admitted then I should have plastered the post with winking emoticons. [/quote]
It might have been better just to get plastered and forget about the whole thing. [:D]