Sign in to follow this  
exiled blue

As a neutral bystander, i have to ask...

A lot of that kind of stuff reads like the constant bleatings on TWTD. They hate Sky, the predominance of money in the game and the Premier League in general. They are constant themes on that forum.

The reason? They have been stuck in the Championship for 15 years with hardly a sniff of promotion.

They are some £80m plus in debt.

They lose about £8m each year and this is covered by Marcus Evans, who seems to draw a line at this by refusing to give McCarthy a decent wedge for recruitment.

Smith is out of date. It is what it is and Lady Canute cannot change it , but I hope NCFC do not suffer as a result of her parochial intransigence. Will it be 15 years in the Championship as a result? Will she subsidise our inevitable losses as Evans does down the road?

And btw, the gate at Portman Road yesterday was 15, 000.

Is this what we will have to look forward to?

There is some credence in the OP''s query. If we average 10, 000 per game more than Ipswich some fag packet calculations suggest that at £25 per head (including food etc sales and club shop on the day) it is 25, 000 x 23 home games. This equals £5, 75000 extra income on gates alone over the course of this season.

Our wages bill must be very high .... stating the obvious day.

[quote user="exiled blue"]I knew someone would accuse me of being a ''binner''. i''m not, i can assure you.

Was a ''junior blue'' at the age of 10, and a card carrying ''Kippax street'' stand card holder for years.

Moved down here when the RAF sent me here
, and stayed.[/quote]Ditto.Were you at Coltishall?

exiled blue wrote: "she seems totally out of touch with reality, and the way that football works now". Only someone who equates "football" with the EPL and top European leagues would say that. Maybe it is you who is out of touch with the reality faced by the rest of the football world? And before people jump in pointing to the influx of foreign investors to the Championship, the motivation for them can be summed up in three letters -- EPL. 

We are lucky to have had Delia and MJW.  We are lucky they are still there and we are lucky they have protected the future of the club by setting up a trust for their shares.  People are too hung up on personalities and the lack of money, but the truth is that we will, as a result of their involvement, be stable as a club, debt will be minimal and once the financial and footballing hangover of having been in the premier league is out of the way, we can build to be the best we can, given our financially sustainable blueprint.   If that means more years in this division and less in the top flight, so be it.   Football can be enjoyable whatever league you are in - more so at this level, as the challenge is to be at the top of the table, rather than scurrying around at the bottom of the PL.  

You know when people accuse you of posting things you know full well will annoy people and provoke a reaction?

[quote user="lake district canary"]We are lucky to have had Delia and MJW.  We are lucky they are still there and we are lucky they have protected the future of the club by setting up a trust for their shares.  People are too hung up on personalities and the lack of money, but the truth is that we will, as a result of their involvement, be stable as a club, debt will be minimal and once the financial and footballing hangover of having been in the premier league is out of the way, we can build to be the best we can, given our financially sustainable blueprint.   If that means more years in this division and less in the top flight, so be it.   Football can be enjoyable whatever league you are in - more so at this level, as the challenge is to be at the top of the table, rather than scurrying around at the bottom of the PL.  

[/quote]I did not realise that this trust had been set up already so maybe you can tell me who the administrators of the trust are Lakey ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"]We are lucky to have had Delia and MJW.  We are lucky they are still there and we are lucky they have protected the future of the club by setting up a trust for their shares.  People are too hung up on personalities and the lack of money, but the truth is that we will, as a result of their involvement, be stable as a club, debt will be minimal and once the financial and footballing hangover of having been in the premier league is out of the way, we can build to be the best we can, given our financially sustainable blueprint.   If that means more years in this division and less in the top flight, so be it.   Football can be enjoyable whatever league you are in - more so at this level, as the challenge is to be at the top of the table, rather than scurrying around at the bottom of the PL. [/quote]I did not realise that this trust had been set up already so maybe you can tell me who the administrators of the trust are Lakey ?[/quote]

Yeah, should read "their intenton of setting up a trust".  [Y]

lake district canary wrote the following post at 15/01/2017 12:10 PM:

We are lucky to have had Delia and MJW. We are lucky they are still there and we are lucky they have protected the future of the club by setting up a trust for their shares. People are too hung up on personalities and the lack of money, but the truth is that we will, as a result of their involvement, be stable as a club, debt will be minimal and once the financial and footballing hangover of having been in the premier league is out of the way, we can build to be the best we can, given our financially sustainable blueprint. If that means more years in this division and less in the top flight, so be it. Football can be enjoyable whatever league you are in - more so at this level, as the challenge is to be at the top of the table, rather than scurrying around at the bottom of the PL.

We''re we this lucky before Paul Lambert saved the club? The owners at that point had ran the club into the ground. Massively in debt and relegated to league1. At that point in time selling the stadium to keep the club afloat was being considered. Lucky, lucky us hey.

[quote user="morty"]You know when people accuse you of posting things you know full well will annoy people and provoke a reaction?[/quote]

Like you have just done. Well done. I hope you can see the hypocrisy in your attitude. My post was a genuine one based on what I believe and to do with football. Shame most of yours are just out to cause trouble with certain posters.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]You know when people accuse you of posting things you know full well will annoy people and provoke a reaction?[/quote]

Like you have just done. Well done. I hope you can see the hypocrisy in your attitude. My post was a genuine one based on what I believe and to do with football. Shame most of yours are just out to cause trouble with certain posters.

[/quote]Just as well your "opinion" wasn''t massively out of touch or inaccurate, eh?Oh, wait.....

Up until this season I would have agreed with LDC- I do like the fact we''re owned by fans of the club, we''re not beholden to some billionaire who could walk away at any point and I''ve never thought they have anything other than the clubs best interests at heart.

However that interview changed my view of them. I had always assumed they were smart enough to know their own limitations and could take a step back and let other more qualified people run things. However they seem totally oblivious and far too parochial. The board is now stocked with mates and family members and they seem to have decided that (without asking the fans who they claim they are so concerned by) they can use Norwich as their own personal protest movement against modern football while handing it down to an entirely unqualified family like a piece of family jewellery.

I wonder what MWJ would think of one those ''foreigners'' he is so keen to keep away from owning our club had announced plans to put their nephew with zero experience in football or big business on the board and eventually in charge? I think they''d be holding them up as an example of the issues of the foreign takeover.

[quote user="JF"]lake district canary wrote the following post at 15/01/2017 12:10 PM:

We are lucky to have had Delia and MJW. We are lucky they are still there and we are lucky they have protected the future of the club by setting up a trust for their shares. People are too hung up on personalities and the lack of money, but the truth is that we will, as a result of their involvement, be stable as a club, debt will be minimal and once the financial and footballing hangover of having been in the premier league is out of the way, we can build to be the best we can, given our financially sustainable blueprint. If that means more years in this division and less in the top flight, so be it. Football can be enjoyable whatever league you are in - more so at this level, as the challenge is to be at the top of the table, rather than scurrying around at the bottom of the PL.

We''re we this lucky before Paul Lambert saved the club? The owners at that point had ran the club into the ground. Massively in debt and relegated to league1. At that point in time selling the stadium to keep the club afloat was being considered. Lucky, lucky us hey.[/quote]

I think you''ll find the cause of the debt was there way before Delia took the reins. It was a sinking ship and she did her best to stabilise it at first and then make the decisions that eventually led us to having McNally and Lambert.  So yes, we are lucky.  What would have happened without her?  Bancruptcy, administration and very little prospects of promotion or anything else.  

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="JF"]lake district canary wrote the following post at 15/01/2017 12:10 PM:

We''re we this lucky before Paul Lambert saved the club? The owners at that point had ran the club into the ground. Massively in debt and relegated to league1. At that point in time selling the stadium to keep the club afloat was being considered. Lucky, lucky us hey.[/quote]

I think you''ll find the cause of the debt was there way before Delia took the reins. It was a sinking ship and she did her best to stabilise it at first and then make the decisions that eventually led us to having McNally and Lambert.  So yes, we are lucky.  What would have happened without her?  Bancruptcy, administration and very little prospects of promotion or anything else.  [/quote]

All those outcomes you listed at the bottom paragraph may well become a reality in 2/3 years time if this ignorance to modern day football continues

"As someone who''s club is incredibly rich and literally has no issues whatsoever I thought I''d take this time to come on your forum when things aren''t going well for you and essentially gloat behind a demeanour of faux curiousity and caring"

I hope China buys all your players, knob

It would be intersting to know how many other owners in the top two leagues have only invested £8 million to own majority share holding.

Ashley gets shite after the millions he''s put into Newcastle, given what little criticism our board get from the fans they must be fairly content.

There is nothing more parochial or NFN than people not wanting to hear anything from people ''oootside of Naarfulk buh.''

Are you annoyed at me cos I wrecked you on the EU thread king canary I can''t remember

Would make sense why you''d side with the billionaires

1) No, I''ve barely posted on that thread

2) ''Wrecked you'' what are you, 12 years old? Did you wreck people by calling them ''cucks'' and then telling all your pals over on reddit?

3) I can only imagine how tragic your offline life must be

"Broady... do Delia and MWJ own Ipswich too or was there another reason for the comparison?"

Read my post again NN. I merely made the point that a lot of the content of the Delia interview reminded me of a lot of the stuff you read on TWTD with regards to the Pl, Sky and money in the game.

I then expressed concern that we could end up like Ipswich.

I really find your query quite difficult to fathom.

Our club needs a change of direction, starting with a new manager who knows what he is doing.

I have always supported the Delia aspect, but must confess that recently I am veering gradually towards the need for a change at the top as a risk worth taking.

From the Delia interview this seems unlikely. She has power and she is using it.

Broady, I should think Ipswichs problems stem from selling the club to richer owner. Whether that''s the way forward for us is the constant debate. It usually gets wrecked by one side shouting Portsmouth and the other Man Citeh. It would be interesting to look at a comprehensive list don''t you think?

NN it is likely to be a perpetual conundrum should we not go up either this season (unlikely) or next (unlikely with AN.)

In the meantime a few years in the Chumps means debts will accrue, season after season once the parachutes have stopped.

We might then have need of a richer owner (majority shareholder or whatever.)

Smith has ruled this out, arranged for her successor and has the Club in her pocket.

My usual support for her is gradually waining, as I pointed out before.