Sign in to follow this  
Canary Exile 2015

Russell Martin defending AN

I listened to RM''s comments about how AN thoroughly prepared the team for each game and that they fully understand his instructions - especially about competing from minute 1. This in my opinion highlights the fundamental flaw in AN''s outputs in that he either does not have the players to carry these roles out (think Pep G and Man Cittee ) OR they do not trust his authority. Either way we are back to the manager or coach debate. One (the coach) does the technical work, the other makes it work on the pitch with the players he has (inherited or bought). AN does not!

[quote user="Canary Exile 2015"]I listened to RM''s comments about how AN thoroughly prepared the team for each game and that they fully understand his instructions - especially about competing from minute 1. This in my opinion highlights the fundamental flaw in AN''s outputs in that he either does not have the players to carry these roles out (think Pep G and Man Cittee ) OR they do not trust his authority. Either way we are back to the manager or coach debate. One (the coach) does the technical work, the other makes it work on the pitch with the players he has (inherited or bought). AN does not![/quote]There is another possibility, that they are just not the right instructions, irrespective of the players.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Canary Exile 2015"]I listened to RM''s comments about how AN thoroughly prepared the team for each game and that they fully understand his instructions - especially about competing from minute 1. This in my opinion highlights the fundamental flaw in AN''s outputs in that he either does not have the players to carry these roles out (think Pep G and Man Cittee ) OR they do not trust his authority. Either way we are back to the manager or coach debate. One (the coach) does the technical work, the other makes it work on the pitch with the players he has (inherited or bought). AN does not![/quote]There is another possibility, that they are just not the right instructions, irrespective of the players.[/quote]^This

That interview was yet more proof that Neil''s impact has faded. We need a fresh voice and strategist.

I don''t doubt that he speaks sense and works bloomin hard but, for whatever reason, he''s not sparking a flame any more.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Canary Exile 2015"]I listened to RM''s comments about how AN thoroughly prepared the team for each game and that they fully understand his instructions - especially about competing from minute 1. This in my opinion highlights the fundamental flaw in AN''s outputs in that he either does not have the players to carry these roles out (think Pep G and Man Cittee ) OR they do not trust his authority. Either way we are back to the manager or coach debate. One (the coach) does the technical work, the other makes it work on the pitch with the players he has (inherited or bought). AN does not![/quote]There is another possibility, that they are just not the right instructions, irrespective of the players.[/quote]Could be the case.Unless, of course, his instructions are "Don''t bother tracking runners from midfield", "Make sure you miss important defensive headers" and "Set pieces, ach, don''t worry about those".

Was Russell Martin''s defending of AN as good as his usal 90 minutes defending at ** Rotherham ** ?

** replace Rotherham with all other remaining league opposition teams **

[quote user="Bagster"]Tbh i am just pleased Martin is defending something :)[/quote][:D]