Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

On the sending off

Even the Pinkun homepage is mugging him off now with a photo of Broadfoot mid-wrestling move that apparently wasn''t a foul.

Not unusual to get a shite ref though, we didn''t lose the game because we didn''t get the penalty - we lost it cos we''re shite!

[quote user="Woodman"][quote user="canarydan23"]Broadfoot wasn''t booked for that incident.[/quote] wasn''t he? what did he get booked for and when?[/quote]

The ref definitely didn''t book the defender at the time.  A few of their players were given cards and I can''t remember the incident when that guy was given one later.

At the time, because I was towards the back of the City fans, I couldn''t see the incident in any detail as it was at the far end of the pitch from us.  From the replay, it was a classic penalty box tussle where their player was wrestling Oliveira and made sure he went down with him, so it''s one a ref will sometimes give as a penalty, but often not.  Nelson gave him the easy way out by lashing out.

Is it me, or do the highlights miss out Rotherham''s best chance, better than either goal IMO, when the cross came in and the attacker managed to get his shot over the bar from the middle of the line for the 6 yard box ?

Anyway, both goals we conceded are just embarrassing.  And given how easily they took back the lead after we equalised, I''m not at all convinced we''d have done better with 10 men.

I spoke to some Rotherham fans after the game - obv they were sure it wasn''t a pen LOL.  Overall though they said our 10 outfield players all looked better than their players, man for man, but "they had no idea of how to play together".  Which you can''t disagree with.  And this was from a team which don''t have a proper manager at the moment.

[quote user="Woodman"]

Is it me, or do the highlights miss out Rotherham''s best chance, better than either goal IMO, when the cross came in and the attacker managed to get his shot over the bar from the middle of the line for the 6 yard box ?

[/quote]
I thought that was flagged offside but I could be wrong.

Looking at the BBC match report, Brodfoot wasn''t booked at all. Richard Wood was booked after the red card, possibly for his reaction?

[quote user="king canary"]Looking at the BBC match report, Brodfoot wasn''t booked at all. Richard Wood was booked after the red card, possibly for his reaction?[/quote]
Yes there was quite a bit of handbags so it makes sense.

Ok I was there and on the Nelson incident what I saw is the ref blew for a foul between two other players against us of course did not see incident until crowd went ape . Then relied on earpiece info to decide if Nelson went, then listened again and DID book Rotherham defender. Amazing how was so like Grabban incident where Rotherham player head locked Grabs who then hit out.

The glaring miss by Rotherham attacker was flagged offside hence not shown in highlights.

We lost because Ollsen was not there and Brady suspended , which is due to either manager or CEO not insisting Ollson stays until replacement found

We must be only club in this league who would put up with such a poor manager , how he kept Murphy on for so long who was awful do not know, he gave away second goal.

Didn''t really look like a pen. Oliveira should''ve been smarter by a) making it look like a definite pen and b) not then punching the guy. Holt was a master at winning free kicks by making simple challenges look worse than they are.

http://www.pinkun.com/polopoly_fs/1.4850796.1484571898!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_630/image.jpg

It was a penalty. I understand there are contentious issues in football and that two people can see an incident and have completely different views; this is not one of those occasions.

Have a look at the image. It''s not a tussle where both players have hold of each others shirts or one player pushes the other a bit harder than the other.

Oliviera''s hands are not on Broadfoot. He does not have hold of his shirt. He is not pushing Broadfoot.

Broadfoot has both arms wrapped around Oliviera, the right arm around his neck. It is a foul in football. It would be a foul in Rugby. It''s not my opinion, it just is what it is.

He was stupid to react how he did but Broadfoot deserved a punch for an illegal challenge that, had Oliviera landed differently, could have done significant damage.

Canary Dan

http://www.pinkun.com/polopoly_fs/1.4850796.1484571898!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_630/image.jpg

It was a penalty. I understand there are contentious issues in football and that two people can see an incident and have completely different views; this is not one of those occasions.

Have a look at the image. It''s not a tussle where both players have hold of each others shirts or one player pushes the other a bit harder than the other.

Oliviera''s hands are not on Broadfoot. He does not have hold of his shirt. He is not pushing Broadfoot.

Broadfoot has both arms wrapped around Oliviera, the right arm around his neck. It is a foul in football. It would be a foul in Rugby. It''s not my opinion, it just is what it is.

He was stupid to react how he did but Broadfoot deserved a punch for an illegal challenge that, had Oliviera landed differently, could have done significant damage.

Easy when looking at a picture, in real time what did the ref see, he blew the whistle before Oliveria lashed out, we were at the opposite end of the ground, and first reaction was "he is off", penalty ? possibly, but after that lash doubt any ref would have gave it ?. Truth is Oliveria was doing the same when defending a corner, with same player, never looked at the ball once, unfortunately it was brewing.