Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

New low for Jarrett?

Hear he missed a pen for the reserves. Did anyone go along to watch? How was he?
Really had high hopes for him when he arrived. We need decent back up in the centre of midfield. That''s presumably what he was bought for but he seems to have struggled so far...

keep waiting with Jarrett to show some kind of quality / ability but just doesnt seem to happen...surely fitness cant be an issue still...I have a feeling his injury problems may have affected the mental aspect of his game...Id like to see us sign a midfielder in Jan and loan Jarrett out to give him some games.

He obviously has class, why else would Wigan wanted to have kept him on a three year deal? Jewell obviously believed he was good enough for the prem.

I think that he is another of the ones who get left in the dark, Worthy said he would have to work harder in training and I think Worthy has him marked as lazy already. Fear he will be out sooner rather than later.

[quote]He obviously has class, why else would Wigan wanted to have kept him on a three year deal? Jewell obviously believed he was good enough for the prem. I think that he is another of the ones who get le...[/quote]

...dont agree with Worthy on much but I''ve got him marked as lazy too based on what I''ve seen so far...as for obvious class...I must have been in the toilet while he was displaying it..

As a player always plays the way he is facing which most times is facing his goal, rarely passes forward and if he does pass usually goes astray.

However one thing from Monday night he is the best deliverer of a dead ball I have seen at Carrow Road, his corners and free kicks were all delivered with accuracy and pace, however don''t let him take penalties.  Include JJ when they allow special teams to come on the pitch as american Football. 

He''s obviously lost most of the form he had at Wigan for one reason or another. He played well in the Dereham friendly (Big Deal!), but since then whenever I''ve seen him play he''s looked distinctly ordinary. If he''s never given the chance to play in the 1st team, I fear he will lose all his self-confidence, and his performances will gradually decline so that we finish up with a player who is no good to anybody.

Ok he looks a bit ordinary at the moment but he has hardly played any first team football and has not looked "match fit" at all.  It''s also worth taking into account that he is only our reserve midfielder and he would probably be first choice at other clubs in this league. 

Give him a few games and some confidence and he could prove to be a useful player.  Take the Doc, he has come into the side and done really well despite some shaky performances.  You know he has done well when someone like Dicky (not having a go at you) comes out with a thread praising him after being convinced he was the worst player at the club.

I''m not prepared to condemn him until we wee him have a chance in the first team, and not just a single game either - Doc didn''t exactly play a blinder his first game for us this season - a little run. I think he should get a shot during Ramadan, if only a string of 45 min run-outs. Some players never show their best form for the reserves - a bit like an actor who doesn''t pull out all the stops during rehearsals but waits till opening night. Yes, it is a bit lazy, and an example of one such player might be McVeigh, who sometimes seems a little disinterested during reserve games, but you can''t fault his performances for the first team. Many had written off the Doc as a donkey until he was finally given a run in his favoured position and now he''s one of best and most consisitent players.

Iwan Roberts got some awful stick when he arrived, for a whole season. JJ hasn''t played enough yet for us to properly judge, just as we couldn''t last year with the international signings. Give him a run of at least 5 games in the team and then make a call. Hughes didn''t start off well either and he is turning things around.

[quote]agree that its early days for Jarrett, but we also have to acknowledge that some players just never cut it no matter how much we may want them to, previous reputation, good performances when younger e...[/quote]

While it''s true that some players in the past weren''t up to it, they were at least given a chance before being moved out of the club.  It''s far too early to judge Jarret.