Sign in to follow this  
sgncfc

Toffolo

Never seen him play, apart from in pre-season, but with Olsson and Brady off this month, how do you think he is feeling about being allowed to go back to Scunthorpe on loan?

Remember, this is a Scunthorpe team currently 2nd in League One and who we are likely to be playing next season (if we stay up).

Surely he is a better option than an out of position Whittaker?

There has already been a few pages of discussion around him in the Olsson thread. I think he''s out of contract in the summer so maybe he is going to be leaving.

I personally have worried he looks abit weak but as you say he''s at the top end of league 1 and the standard will be similar to the opposition we played at the weekend. It really bothers me that we fail to give the kids a chance when the right situation arises, even players who we dont think are good enough can sometimes surprise when given a chance and we owe it to the investment that is plowed into the youth team to see how how far some of these young players can go, if they fail at least we know they weren''t up to it. however if we arnt prepared to take the risk under any situation why are we wasting resources on it when only senior players are given a chance and trusted (often mistakenly), this includes signing players like Maddison (who looks really promising, but when will a suitable situation arise where he''ll get game time?).

The potential signing of a Swansea young player at Left back on loan only makes me more annoyed at this particular situation.