Sign in to follow this  
Iwans teeth

brady / palace bid

would prefer the Leicester bid with Lawrence coming here as part of the deal - 2 good goals for Ipswich at the weekend.

Wanted by 6 clubs, most with top managers and yet some on here think he is no good. [:)]We should be looking for £15 million in my opinion.

We all know that he is a very good player on his day, but there is no denying that his contribution this season and at Chumps level has been disappointing to the extent that anything in excess of £10m ending up in the City bank would likely be of greater use.

Let''s not forget that the 25% sell on fee is only on the profit we make on him, over and above what we paid for him.

If we reportedly paid £8m then perhaps the £16m some talk about might be feasible, but mainly on the basis of his international showing, a few spectacular goals for us along with workmanlike displays.

I think it''s OTT, but let''s have an auction amongst struggling PL clubs.

Only Allardyce has come in with the closest thing to firm bids though. It''s 2016 and 10 million isn''t really that much anymore, I''d imagine a lot of it is down to his potential, set piece ability and that he can cover any left sided position that''s appealing to Allardyce more than his overall talent and form right now.

If we get an offer close to 12 million with at least half of that up front we should accept.

[quote user="Horse Renoir"]Only Allardyce has come in with the closest thing to firm bids though. It''s 2016 and 10 million isn''t really that much anymore, I''d imagine a lot of it is down to his potential, set piece ability and that he can cover any left sided position that''s appealing to Allardyce more than his overall talent and form right now.

If we get an offer close to 12 million with at least half of that up front we should accept.[/quote]Unless the club has told you personally, all these ''bids'' are just guessworkClubs don''t pay huge amounts up front eitheras of November 2016 we owed around £22m in further transfer paymentsand we were owed £20mthat''s how it works

Apparently Villa want to do a straight swap for Brady, and the player they''re offering is... Ross McCormack! Er, no thankyou...

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-rumour-steve-12426526

[quote user="ricardo"]We don''t need McCormack. Money for a defender is the main requirement.[/quote]Totally agree did you see how fat he was on TV when he came on against Spurs yesterday - lazy moneygrabber really hope we steer well clear!

Not the slightest comparison.

#McCormack has done little of note at Villa and it seems that his best days are behind him.

The age difference alone, however, should make Bruce''s offer the object of ridicule.

Villa outbid us for a player they now realise was very over priced. and Bruce is trying it on.

Bruce insulkts us

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Not the slightest comparison.

#McCormack has done little of note at Villa and it seems that his best days are behind him.

The age difference alone, however, should make Bruce''s offer the object of ridicule.

Villa outbid us for a player they now realise was very over priced. and Bruce is trying it on.

Bruce insulkts us[/quote]No you insult your own intelligence for believing such twaddle. Where is there ANY evidence that Bruce has made such an offer ir is seeking toSome pimply fred has put 2 and 3 together and made 1 ie Bruce once managed Brady and we were supposedly interested in McCormack.Nevermind I''m sure this source is reliable as was an earlier one which -The manager said of Wolves'' reported interest: “As if I’m going to loan McCormack to Wolves. I don’t know where it’s come from.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Not the slightest comparison.

Bruce insults us
[/quote]B*oody cheek !It''s not as if we insulted him when we offered a tuppence ha''penny opening bid for Brady when Bruce was Hull''s manager....Oh,wait [:D]

"No you insult your own intelligence for believing such twaddle. Where is there ANY evidence that Bruce has made such an offer ir is seeking to"

I''ve seen several sources, including the reliable Birmingham Mail (with a big spread posted on here,) but I hope you are right.

He got his price in the end and the player wanted PL football.

The fact that Brady has increased in value (or is it market inflation?) justifies Bruce''s need to get as much as possible for a player who wanted out.

Our previously reported silly bids were rumours, although I am sure the negotiating process meant we started on the low side.

Looks like we will forever get linked to McCormack twice a year now and it will prob still carry on when he retires from playing... Maybe then he will get linked to us as a forwards coach lol

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]He got his price in the end and the player wanted PL football.

The fact that Brady has increased in value (or is it market inflation?) justifies Bruce''s need to get as much as possible for a player who wanted out.

Our previously reported silly bids were rumours, although I am sure the negotiating process meant we started on the low side.
[/quote]If McNally''s way of doing business was anything to go by I''m surprised we didn''t ask Hull to pay us to take him off their hands...The reported silly bids were rumours but concrete enough to have Bruce running to the papers with a figure so there must have been something in it.

[quote user="Dorset Canary"]Looks like we will forever get linked to McCormack twice a year now and it will prob still carry on when he retires from playing... Maybe then he will get linked to us as a forwards coach lol[/quote]Perhaps we should double it up with the Dean Windass pursuit ?I hear that''s still very much on...