Sign in to follow this  
Ginja

Pat Murphy Tweets Alex Neil Will Not Be Sacked

I think this was made pretty clear during the AGM. They certainly feel he is the right man, and that sacking him doesn''t mean instant success.

He''ll be here for a while yet.

[quote user="AJ"]I think this was made pretty clear during the AGM. They certainly feel he is the right man, and that sacking him doesn''t mean instant success.

He''ll be here for a while yet.[/quote]
I agree I think he will definitely be here next season, possibly even the season, suddenly the way he talks in press conf makes sense he knows his job is secure and that whatever the fans chant is irrelevant.

Murphy knows Midlands sport inside out. East Anglian football not so much. Him being privvy to the boardroom feeling at Norwich would probably be a first, but perhaps he has used a long-standing relationship with Moxey for an off-the-record piece of background info. That would be a believable scenario.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Yes, this will be from Moxey.

Saturday could get very ugly.[/quote]No it won''t, the sheep will Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.  Me, I despair.

Saturday won''t get ugly, because we know the script. We will beat Wolves and suddenly everything will all be perfect again.

There will be polite clapping coupled with a rendition of ''there''s only one Paul Lambert'' as we continue to slide towards league one. Neil''s experience of lower league football in Scotland is likely to be a considerable asset in this context.

Those old women can be ever so stubborn and cooks can be very temperamental. Dear old Delia, don''t you just love her?

😓😓😓

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]Saturday won''t get ugly, because we know the script. We will beat Wolves and suddenly everything will all be perfect again.[/quote]If you''re goint to post stuff like this at least put *SPOLIER ALERT* at the front.I''m not sure I want to know what is going to happen, might not go on Saturday now.

Not be sacked and certainly won''t walk........Ho Hum........See what happens if Wolves give us a shooing......Knowing City though, we''ll turn ''em over and then lose the next 4 games......

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Yes, this will be from Moxey.

Saturday could get very ugly.[/quote]No it won''t, the sheep will Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.  Me, I despair.[/quote]
There were still quite a lot of people applauding the team off on Saturday and I think it wasn''t even half that was chanting for Neil out. While the consensus seems to be that the vast majority of fans want AN to be let go, it''s not translating into discontent inside the ground, fans seem to be content to just to accept whatever the board decides.

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Yes, this will be from Moxey.

Saturday could get very ugly.[/quote]No it won''t, the sheep will Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.  Me, I despair.[/quote]Of course the sheep will Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Only to be expected with all those bloody wolves about. [:S][;)]

Good point Purple - that''s all too plausible.

So the optimistic scenario (?) would be a clear out of the players who aren''t giving their all and have lost respect for AN, and he gets in young & hungry replacements next summer to have a real go at promotion next season.  (This assumes that I''m right to guess that AN has lost the respect of some of the older players).  The squad realises he''s here for the long haul and accept they have to give their all for him and accept his authority.  AN learns to improve his tactics and team selection.

Unfortunately I think a manager nowadays has to earn respect from the players, it''s just harder to get it from the more experienced pro''s.  Respect comes from seeing his team selections/tactics achieving success, and understanding what they''re being asked to do in training and what they must do on the pitch to succeed.  At the moment, IMO Neil is not getting anywhere on any of this with our squad, judging by the performances.

On Saturday Wesley was absolutely busting a gut for us and was outstanding, and I felt there was no lack of general effort.  But overall I just don''t think the players understand what they''re being asked to do, especially as a team rather than as individuals.  This is why we''re worse defensively than attacking.  To defend, you need to work as a unit and we are absolutely failing.  To attack, with players like Wes, Jerome, Oliveira, they''ve sufficient quality that at this level they will create chances regardless.

So for me the more likely scenario is that the club persists with AN until the parachute money has gone and we finally get rid of him, perhaps next season when we''re getting into a relegation scrap. (which on current form, we will be...).  And we find we have a squad which would need to over-achieve to get into the playoffs. 

Feeling pretty low about my football club right now...[:(]

Aside from the odd occasion Wes always puts in a good shift regardless of his relationship with the manager.

The other aspect to this is that Neil is unlikely to ever be able to recover a large number of the fans, even if he rebuilds the squad and there is a bit of an improvement. The resentment built up in this period will always be there under the surface.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Aside from the odd occasion Wes always puts in a good shift regardless of his relationship with the manager.

The other aspect to this is that Neil is unlikely to ever be able to recover a large number of the fans, even if he rebuilds the squad and there is a bit of an improvement. The resentment built up in this period will always be there under the surface.[/quote]Do you know something about Wes'' relationship with Alex Neil, that the rest of us don''t Jim?Some kind of inside info?

Could only happen at Smith''s Norwich City for at any other club a manager given the resources enjoyed by Neil and presiding over such a disastrous string of results would have been sacked long before now.

Do they seriously think this clown is worth investing the future of the Club in? The pair of them attend every match surely they can see the obvious.

Knowing the way things pan out we''ll likely get a result on Saturday and the farce will carry on. A poor performance, going behind and a bad result and I suspect the Carrow Road terraces will exhibit their discontent in no uncertain way and I shall be amongst them, for once.

Broadstairs, lack of ambition as personified by the so-called happy clappers will prevail. Resignation rather than discontent was the dominant feeling at Rotherham, I suspect relegation will be similarly regarded. A few fans may drift away but that''s all. We will just have to look at clubs with ambition such as Bournemouth or Middlesbrough with sadness - it could have been us.

I don''t understand, if we''re going to take a stupid risk of keeping a manager regardless of how sh*t they are over a long period of time, why we wouldn''t at least make sure we done it with a manager who has years of proven success and ability to build a team, playing style whilst having an eye for right kind of player.

AN has shown none of that and to throw all our eggs into an Alex Neil sized basket seems pretty stupid.

Regardless, if we get done over by Wolves then I think fan discontent will be enough to see him gone.

Nothing will change until the fans turn completely against the team/manager - but I don''t see that happening just yet. Yes there''s been a few mutterings at poor away games, but anything at home has been completely moot. Whilst the players are still playing for him, AN is a safe man.

I do get irritated with the comment "there is no guarantee a replacement would be better".  Since when was anything guaranteed in football ?  You can''t buy a new manager at M&S... If you want guarantees, football is the wrong place to be.

For me, we have one of the best squads in the division.  So an average Championship manager would have the squad performing to that level, which would be at or close to the top 2 positions.  Most of the time in the era between ''95 and when Lambert joined, we had some average managers, some a bit better, some worse.  And because our squad was pretty much an average squad for the division, that''s where we stayed.

I think given how much of a shambles we look on the pitch, it would be pretty hard to get in a replacement who''s not an improvement.  No, it''s not guaranteed, but the odds are good.

Anyone can see that today is Blue Monday, the equation for calculating which is:

where W=weather, D=debt, d=monthly salary, T=time since Christmas, Q=time since failing your new year’s resolutions, M=low motivational levels due to your football team''s latest result, and Na=the feeling of a need to take action.

Substituting values for each variable based on your individual circumstances will allow you to measure just how blue you are. Happy self-analysis to all on this special day [:P]