Sign in to follow this  
Canary Wundaboy

Don't renew season tickets as soon as they arrive!

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Well I will renew but for the first time in decades for a fleeting moment it crossed my mind not to. Ticket sales will be down no question of that and any meaningful increase will accelerate that. People have renewed in the past after relegation buoyed by optimism and hope that is in short supply now[/quote]Spoke to the wife of a long life supporter & season ticket holder for 20 years this morning. Says he''s had enough & definitely won''t be renewing this time around. Good seat too up near the Directors box which she said was costing him nearly £800 a year.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Club just announced, ST prices are frozen, for 4th consecutive year.[/quote]Sorry, didn''t spot this before I started a new thread[;)]

That''s what they rely on Hairy. We renew because its just what we do.

I am genuinely torn on the matter to be honest. On the one hand I like my seat, have always been proud to be a season ticket holder and I take pride in the strength and loyalty of our support base, particularly in comparison with the sc*m. I have resisted at all costs any suggestions from my wife over the years to relinquish my season ticket even though at present I can''t really justify the expense in terms of the number of home games I can get to but I''ve had my season ticket for 28 years (and had an away season ticket for quite a few years out of that) and its "my" thing that I have and do with mates rather than gold membership etc.

On the other hand I am currently veering towards not renewing because I cannot stand the thought that the board just take our renewals year on year as a mandate to carrying on with their deluded, misguided actions which are currently wrecking the club I love and I think are totally out of touch with the views of their fans and eroding a lot of the enjoyment I get out of watching football. The Times interview was really a further wake up call for me. I feel I need to make a stand and I feel I maybe need a break for a bit for my own peace of mind because I get so angry about things at Carrow Road. I will always love and support this club and go to games when I can but I cannot currently support the current regime (and the prospect of the Nephew is not something I enthuse over) and I think they see the sold out season tickets as being support for them as much as the club.

I will make a late decision and much may depend on what happens between now and the renewal deadlines plus whether they have the sheer nerve to try and put the price up.

Just seen the season tickets frozen announcement. that is at least something although it will no doubt be spun as some sort of grand gesture when the reality is the tickets were at prem prices when they were previously frozen. Should really come down.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Just seen the season tickets frozen announcement. that is at least something although it will no doubt be spun as some sort of grand gesture when the reality is the tickets were at prem prices when they were previously frozen. Should really come down.[/quote]Brilliant!You moan about the fact they might go up, then they say they haven''t, then moan that they should have gone down.[:D]

If I was a betting man I would say they were going to put them up but have rightly gauged the mood and decided against it. I have said above credit for at least not putting them up but its not like its some kind of fantastic gesture to the fans to keep the ticket prices the same as we were paying in the prem a while back.

The other thing that''s a bit naughty is that in the last two years they have really brought forward the first renewal deadline which used to be in April. That said this season its a bit more obvious which division we are likely to be in!

If I was to sum up your attitude, to all things Norwich City, Jim, with one word it would be "Begrudging".[:)]

I would guess that many on this forum, or at least those who post regularly, are at the more committed end of the spectrum so more likely to renew if they have a ST. Were I still in Norwich I really don''t know what I would do. But I do feel that there will be a fair proportion for whom this is a marginal decision and while we probably won''t see renewals fall off a cliff there will be a slight drift away. That will become meaningful over a few seasons but once the decline has set in will be tough to reverse. It will also be interesting to see whether casual tickets sell out in the next few games.

As to protesting without destroying the fabric of the club I would have thought that ''simple (but dignified and reasoned) letter writing may be the best way.

[quote user="KingsLynnCanary"]I sit at the back of the south stand, my season ticket is in the corporate area although I don''t get the extras, it''s ''seat only''. My price increase may be a little higher than other parts of the ground for this reason but I would expect price rises all round.[/quote]Interested in this.I read in the Club blurb on the website that there''s no increase in price for general areas. Sounds like you''ve taken a hit here.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Have you got a kind face Wundaboy?
Perhaps that would help the youngsters come to terms with your plan. Delia''s got a kind face though....
[/quote]

I don''t see your point Nutty. Or did you need to post something, anything, just for the sake of replying?

Personally I hope that the season ticket rises are high. Maybe that will cause some people to question whether they get value for money from performances of late, or whether the board can be trusted with the cash raised from ST sales.

Unfortunately, the fact that she has got a "kind face" as you put it is one of the reasons she faces less scrutiny and negativity than she should. I''m sure if she looked like Mike Ashley perhaps more people would bring themselves to raise their voices against the way the club is being run.[/quote]
Gutted much? [;)]

Technically I''ve renewed my season tickets before they''ve arrived and I''m very happy to do so. I will again be purchasing an extra one that I don''t need. I will be making the academy donation on both. I''d have been happy to pay more. I support a wonderful club!