Sign in to follow this  
Canary Wundaboy

Don't renew season tickets as soon as they arrive!

Full disclosure, I don''t have an ST myself.

However, the board right now are probably greatly concerned about the upcoming season ticket renewals, which I understand are going out soon. The club loves to emphasis the loyalty of its supporters, and I honestly believe that Delia and MWJ see the huge number of season tickets and attendance records as proof that supporters are happy with their ownership and direction of the club.

So here''s my idea: When your season ticket renewal falls through the post, assuming AN is still here and results etc haven''t improved, just sit on your renewal. I''m not suggesting people not renew, I''m not suggesting you don''t attend matches. Just don''t send the renewal back as soon as it lands.

Imagine if word got out that only a fraction of renewal notices had been returned after 2 weeks. Perhaps that would cause some friction in the boardroom and force a rethink?

I''m not trying to be a troll, I''m not trying to do anything other than find some way of getting through to the owners that supporters are not happy with the situation right now and that treating the club like their own plaything at the expense of results, league position and (inevitably at some point) the overall financial health of the club is not a feasible direction.

If people won''t shout on the terraces, if people won''t stay away from games, maybe the simply act of pinning a letter on a notice board rather than replying immediately would be more palatable?

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Nor the rest of the week by the looks of things![/quote]I am lucky enough to have 6 months of the year off.[:)]

.....so, just to be clear, you''re not saying "don''t renew"?

..because if you dont renew at the earliest oppourtunity, you then pay a higher price after the first deadline elapses...hence giving the club more of your money?!?!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Ron Manager"]Nor the rest of the week by the looks of things![/quote]I am lucky enough to have 6 months of the year off.[:)][/quote]

And don''t you make up for it!

[quote user="Ron Manager"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Ron Manager"]Nor the rest of the week by the looks of things![/quote]I am lucky enough to have 6 months of the year off.[:)][/quote]

And don''t you make up for it![/quote]Yup, only so much football and partying a guy can do.Thanks for taking an interest[Y]

One day well get a forum that can quote a modern OS on a tablet! Gawd its as archaic as NN''s perception of this club!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Not lucky for me one iota......or this forum.......I don''t think I''m the only one that thinks so......[/quote]Luckily most of the illiterate drivel you post makes no sense to the forum anyway.Along with City 1st you''re another that needs a checkup from the neck up.

[quote user="Ron Manager"]One day well get a forum that can quote a modern OS on a tablet! Gawd its as archaic as NN''s perception of this club![/quote]I actually do know another forum....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I don''t care what you or anyone thinks......[/quote]Great stuff fella.Glad we had the chat.[Y]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]How about a resident dietitian for you?[/quote]Oh dear really?Have we met?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]You''re slim, athletic and very tall.......yeah I''m a compulsive liar.....[/quote]So basically you are believing that numpty vinwank, who has never met me either lol.He saw a photo of a group of a few of us on here and made some assumptions.Wouldn''t it be hilarious if the person he saw in a photo wasn''t actually me.How funny would that be?[:)]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Apologies.......You are slim, athletic and very tall.....and also, a compulsive liar.......[/quote][:)]Get some sleep, its late.

Sad to see the usual crowd have managed to fill then thread up with useless infighting and nonsense same as usual. Don''t you lot have better things to do in the early hours?

@ Nutty: "What are you going to do though?"

Whereas I usually attend a few away games each season as I''m located far away from Carrow Road, I''m no longer attending away games. Haven''t bought a replica shirt this year or spent any money in the club shop either. I refuse to take any action that benefits the board in any way.

@ GJL: ".....so, just to be clear, you''re not saying "don''t renew"?

..because if you dont renew at the earliest oppourtunity, you then pay a higher price after the first deadline elapses...hence giving the club more of your money?!?!"

If rumours are to be believed you''re all going to be paying more anyway, so why not make them sweat for it at least?

Our supporters are never going to be the "pitchforks and torches" types, the fanbase is too old and it unfortunately seems as though most dissenting voices are overcome with apathy rather than fury at the decline of our club. What concerns me is that if the older generation can''t bring themselves to get angry about the current state of affairs, we won;t have much of a younger generation of supporters to give a hoot either way. Which kids want to support a team where the BOD show no ambition and the performances on the pitch are woeful?

You do know that away ticket money actually doesn''t go to Norwich City, don''t you?Do you go to any home games at all?