Sign in to follow this  
50 years a Supporter

What are we supposed to cheer for?

[quote user="The Unsullied "]I agree with broadstairs they are shrimps and small in number as well

Maybe the OP could give us a chronological history of NCFC scampi through the ages, a fascinating story for all concerned[/quote]Well if that is the case, they are being very economical with the truth calling it scampi.

I get where 50 years is coming from and partly agree with his view thinking there will always be a silver lining.

Now all we hear is that there''s no money and we have to sell to buy, ignoring fans and sticking with AN, refusing to sell and handing the club over to her nephew. Great outlook.

Didn''t we already have the Scampi conversation? For Scampi to be real Scampi they have to be labelled as ''Wholetail''.

Anything else called Scampi can be reformed fish mush. The Unsullied, how does the club market it''s Scampi?

Apples

The OP came over as being fed up with his lot, supporting NCFC at this moment in time.

He just expressed his frustration in a different way.

It probably came over as complete nonsense, but I guessed what he was getting at.

In sum, the BOD seem unconcerned by the direction that the club seems to be moving in (and rapidly) and this is emphasised by their apparent intransigence over the Alex Neil situation.

I do not think that there can be many supporters left who would not wish Neil gone. We, as a body, seem more concerned about the Club''s immediate future.

Clearly this shouldn''t be the case, and it probably isn''t, but that''s the impression conveyed.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

I do not think that there can be many supporters left who would not wish Neil gone. [/quote]

There are probably plenty that do want hime gone, but there will imo be plenty whose overiding thought is that while he is in the job they want to see him do better. It''s not so very different a viewpoint.  The outcome of seeing him do better would be that the team improve. The outcome of getting another manager in might see an improvement...it might not.   Both scenarios are frought with uncertainty - but both scenarios are legitimate viewpoints. And while he is there, why wouldn''t anyone want to see him be more successful? 

@LDC

"There are probably plenty that do want hime gone, but there will imo be plenty whose overiding thought is that while he is in the job they want to see him do better."

OF COURSE we would all like to see him turn the corner and turn into a competent manager who gets the results we yearn for. The results that the squad should be getting.

BUT: We are mostly, I should think, very much filled with doubt that he is capable of that. He has crossed the Rubicon of inadequacy.

What''s insane, or at least surreal, is trying to cheer a club on to promotion when they clearly don''t want it!

Perhaps they should provide the facility to cheer a black balance sheet instead. That seems to be want they want supporters to feel good about.

To answer an earlier question as to my credibility, I remember watching Bill Punton charge down the left wing and the crowd cheering in unity behind him, I remember Ron Davies leaping like a salmon over defences, Albert Bennett and his off colour boots, Graham Paddon and his curling free kicks and throw ins like corners, and Trevor Hockey with his unquestionable commitment and his crunching tackles (couldn''t we do with his ilk now) .

I wonder how many of today''s crop will be remembered with such affection in years to come?

Perhaps it is an age thing.....

Maybe you could tell us where they sold the programmes near Carrow bridge in the 60/70''S