Sign in to follow this  
Puntino

Thoughts from me for ACN.

New words for ACN. I''d say comments welcome, but I don''t think this one will go down too well. Not sure how you make it a clickable link, if someone could do the honours?

http://www.alongcomenorwich.com/articles/its-beyond-time-norwich-have-to-be-cruel-to-be-kind

I started to feel a bit sorry for Alex Neil as I read that. You are right, the longer he stays the lower and lower his stock plummets.

Not only will he be a manager who took one of the best squads in the Championship from 1st place to god-knows where we will end up whilst his tenure continues but he will also develop a reputation as a hanger-onner. No only is his track record diminishing by the game but prospective new employers will know that if they employ him and things don''t go well it is going to cost them.

And Alex Neil must surely know this and presumably doesn''t care. He is hanging on for his excessive pay-off and to hell with the consequences, for both himself and for us.

So I stopped feeling sorry for him. The idiot.

If he''d have been cut adrift in October/November he could probably have looked at a Championship role shortly after. Now, when the inevitable occurs, he''s back up and over Hardrian''s Wall hoping that a vacancy comes up at Dumbarton or Greenock Morton.

It''s not really any different to many of the viewpoints shown on here, just putting reasons for wanting him gone and gone now.  However, it doesn''t address the point as to who would replace him.  If you sack a manager, you are then managerless - or have a caretaker manager - with the pressure of finding someone new who can do better as the scenario.  It is easy to say there is alays someone out there who could do better, but is that true?  It could well be there are people out there the club might want, they may even have targeted who they want next - but who may not be in the position to leave their present post. As for the effect on AN himself, I wouldn''t worry, he is a strong character - and if Hughton could survive being at Norwich and excel after he left, then anyone can. Rarely has a manager had so much negativity directed at him in a job at a football club as he was at Norwich, over almost all the time he was here. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]It''s not really any different to many of the viewpoints shown on here, just putting reasons for wanting him gone and gone now.  However, it doesn''t address the point as to who would replace him.  If you sack a manager, you are then managerless - or have a caretaker manager - with the pressure of finding someone new who can do better as the scenario.  It is easy to say there is alays someone out there who could do better, but is that true?  It could well be there are people out there the club might want, they may even have targeted who they want next - but who may not be in the position to leave their present post. As for the effect on AN himself, I wouldn''t worry, he is a strong character - and if Hughton could survive being at Norwich and excel after he left, then anyone can. Rarely has a manager had so much negativity directed at him in a job at a football club as he was at Norwich, over almost all the time he was here.  [/quote]That''s the board''s responsibility. If they don''t have a list of potential replacements for the manager at all times, they are being remiss in their duties. Even when we are successful, there''s always the chance of a manager being poached, so the succession plan should be in place 24/7. That they don''t think there''s anyone who would definitely do a better job is understandable (even if I don''t agree), but if they don''t already have a long- and shortlist for a new manager then that would be unprofessional in the extreme. I think it''s more likely that they know there are managers out there who might improve us - even if it''s just a dead-cat bounce - but they are sticking to their principle of the ''ten-year plan'' until supporter unrest becomes unbearable.

As was said look at Alex Neil''s demeanor and body language.

He does not appear to believe in himself anymore so it''s a huge mystery as to why some members of the board still do.

In the first pinkun poll I voted for him to stay and be given more time .

That time is now well and truly up as almost everyone agreed in the second poll.

The powers that be need to act and end their misplaced loyalty for the sake of the club.

At the rate things are going the nephew will not have much to inherit.