Sign in to follow this  
morty

Here's a question.....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Indy"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Indy"][quote user="morty"]Nothing hugely sinister about the thread, it was patently obvious as to where it was going.In these times of people moaning about prices being too high for cup games, season ticket increases that never happened, boycotts, non renewal etc, the thread was just to see if people who don''t go to matches, for whatever reason, would suddenly cherry pick a big one if it came along, a few didn''t let me down.Its about a lot of fickle that has spread to our fanbase. "Worst time ever as a Norwich City fan?" Give over. Its been far, far worse than this.I wonder how many will suddenly be interested again if Arsenal come to Carrow road?[/quote]

Think it depends on why you''ve had enough, I''ve been through worse but there was always a connection and a feeling of change round the corner. It''s not just City it''s football in general for me now, I''ve just lost the love for it after 40 years, it''s time for me.

But you only need to look at Plymouth, they average something like 6 thousand max for home games yet they took 9 thousand to Anfield, these type of events will always generate bigger attendances so not really sure what your point is Morty?[/quote]Absolutely your decision.But if we get promoted, and you''re clamouring to get your season ticket back, you''re getting called fickle.[/quote]

Call me what you like, but it''ll take a few years out to get my enthusiasm for it all back.

Not saying I''ll stop following or not be listening, but just not spending 4 thousand a year on something which doesn''t bring me or my wife the joy it once did.

But I still not sure what your point is as Wembley playoff is a very different event which will attract thousands who might never bother to go to Carrow Road in their lifetime.[/quote]Will your enthusiasm be reinvigorated if our league position is higher?My overall point is the levels of fickle have become ridiculous. It wasn''t this bad after years of clinging onto the Championship, then finally getting relegated to league one.People seem to have forgotten how to take the rough with the smooth.[/quote]

No it wouldn''t even if we were still in the premiership, I found that even more tedious trying not to lose than the championship, yep even going down to the third tier was hard to take but with the changes so quick there was a sense of change. Now it feels that we''re heading back to those dark days of Foulger & Doncaster, it has a feel of repeating the same mistakes of being relegated the Worthy days, sticking by for the entire season, realignment of finances on the realisation of not getting back up, then giving Worthy the second season to get us back up, well we know how that all ended up. Don''t you think this has exactly the same hallmarks? Standing by a manager because they like him, losing money on high earners, building debt trying to build on youngsters, with loan player next two seasons, its deja vu.

Still that''s just Norwich, like I said Football isn''t my first second or even third passion, it''s just a hobby, and that''s the same for everyone, you might think differently but you have a choice, you choose to go or not, like LDC call him fickle, plastic or what you like he''s got as much say as you or Nutty on the club.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]If we got to Wembley that would mean we''ve had a good run.

Would you be going to the league away games in the run up to them? 😉[/quote]Yeah, probably. Would you?Only reason I didn''t go to the games over Christmas is I was out the country. Yeah I may have moaned a bit after Barnsley, but I think I''m the last person you can accuse of not putting the time in on the terraces.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I''m not convinced about all this. I think you''re getting played bigtime Morty. The loss of love of going to games appears to coincided with an increased love of posting on here...[/quote]

Normal culprit trying to derail a thread, and no I''ve got more time during the day as I don''t do as much work as I used to, I''ve reduced my hours to my clients.

I really can''t be bothered to answer you Indy, until you download a different browser.

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]I''m not convinced about all this. I think you''re getting played bigtime Morty. The loss of love of going to games appears to coincided with an increased love of posting on here...[/quote]

Normal culprit trying to derail a thread, and no I''ve got more time during the day as I don''t do as much work as I used to, I''ve reduced my hours to my clients.[/quote]
Say what you like Indy. I call it as I see it too[Y]
Anyway, don''t say I don''t do anything for you....

[quote user="morty"]I really can''t be bothered to answer you Indy, until you download a different browser.[/quote]
Hey thanks Nutty, that actually worked.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]If we got to Wembley that would mean we''ve had a good run.

Would you be going to the league away games in the run up to them? 😉[/quote]

You mean, if we started winning a few games the fans would return?

I simply don''t believe it.😂😉

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="morty"]I really can''t be bothered to answer you Indy, until you download a different browser.[/quote]
Hey thanks Nutty, that actually worked.
[/quote]
You''re welcome buddy. Someone posted it up here for me and I like to spread the love[U]
My grandkids still don''t like you though[;)]

[quote user="Indy"]

Call me what you like, but it''ll take a few years out to get my enthusiasm for it all back, spending 4 thousand a year on something which doesn''t bring me or my wife the joy it once did. [/quote]I''m sure there are helpful folk on here who could suggest something

[quote user="Tom Thumb"][quote user="Indy"]

Call me what you like, but it''ll take a few years out to get my enthusiasm for it all back, spending 4 thousand a year on something which doesn''t bring me or my wife the joy it once did. [/quote]I''m sure there are helpful folk on here who could suggest something[/quote]Stabbing yourself in the head with a very blunt fork?

No cause I  booked a hol back in OCT to Vegas  when the play off final is on, knowing we wont be there

[quote user="morty"]I really can''t be bothered to answer you Indy, until you download a different browser.[/quote]which browser is best, I have tried many and they all end with the messed up qoute

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="morty"]I really can''t be bothered to answer you Indy, until you download a different browser.[/quote]which browser is best, I have tried many and they all end with the messed up qoute[/quote]Firefox

I use a chromebook for my general surfing and suspect, like a few other things, that it would be unable to process the quote function on the Pink Un (no other btw.)

However cut and paste is not much more trouble, putting the original poster''s name at the top ( some use the twitter @ now) and putting his/her quote in speech marks.

The actual answer would be for Archant to sort their f*cking lives out but apparently after god knows how many years that''s asking too much.

CUSDP has it right and that is the slight logic flaw in your reasoning Morty. As things stand now many seem pretty disillusioned, myself included.

But if we get to the POF then we will have to have had a pretty spectacular run, better than all the clubs just above us up to and including 6th. If that happens it would suggest that AN has indeed turned the corner and found the formula, that the BOD are right and Delia''s loyalty is rewarded.

Most of all though we''d be a pretty happy bunch too and probably even happier to eat our words and start chewing on our booing.

I don''t see supporting NCFC as all in or all out. I have other hobbies too and I don''t have so much money that I can do everything all the time (especially when a home game is a round trip of nearly 400 miles these days). I need to prioritise. Much as I love the club and have done so for 40 years if I "go light" for a bit while its not that great and the owners treat their plaything with such negligence, then well that''s my prerogative. So if AN turns it round then yep I''ll be there in that Q for Wembley. May 2015 was probably my best day ever following City, even Goss v. Munich and Ippo in the SF in ''85.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]CUSDP has it right and that is the slight logic flaw in your reasoning Morty. As things stand now many seem pretty disillusioned, myself included.

But if we get to the POF then we will have to have had a pretty spectacular run, better than all the clubs just above us up to and including 6th. If that happens it would suggest that AN has indeed turned the corner and found the formula, that the BOD are right and Delia''s loyalty is rewarded.

Most of all though we''d be a pretty happy bunch too and probably even happier to eat our words and start chewing on our booing.

I don''t see supporting NCFC as all in or all out. I have other hobbies too and I don''t have so much money that I can do everything all the time (especially when a home game is a round trip of nearly 400 miles these days). I need to prioritise. Much as I love the club and have done so for 40 years if I "go light" for a bit while its not that great and the owners treat their plaything with such negligence, then well that''s my prerogative. So if AN turns it round then yep I''ll be there in that Q for Wembley. May 2015 was probably my best day ever following City, even Goss v. Munich and Ippo in the SF in ''85.[/quote]I honestly feel that a lot of peoples "mood swing" right now is massively out of proportion.

[quote user="king canary"]So we''ve learned that...

...if the club was doing better fans would be happier/more likely to go to games?

Stunning.[/quote]Or "fickle" as I like to call it...

or simply making a choice.

No one has to go if it is not fun. If people do and the football is carp then they go for a different reason whether its great scampi , the beers before, the banter etc. All valid reasons but it isn''t compulsory for anyone. At the moment its not exactly an adrenalin rush each game.

If you watched the first two episodes of this series of Sherlock and thought they were a bit rubbish and smug then I don''t think anyone would blame you for not bothering with the pile of poo that was aired on Sunday night.

Not really.

There is no moral high ground in supporting a team, people have different priorities and different ''breaking points'' so to speak. The closest I''ve ever come to giving up my season ticket was during the Hughton era as it was so bloody boring. Yet that was us at the highest level- would that have been fickle?

When you start calling out fans for not supporting and following the club in the right way you start to sound a bit like your old mate LDC...

[quote user="king canary"]Not really.

There is no moral high ground in supporting a team, people have different priorities and different ''breaking points'' so to speak. The closest I''ve ever come to giving up my season ticket was during the Hughton era as it was so bloody boring. Yet that was us at the highest level- would that have been fickle?

When you start calling out fans for not supporting and following the club in the right way you start to sound a bit like your old mate LDC...[/quote]Firstly, you can poke off with that last point.I have absolutely no issue with people making a choice, if they really aren''t enjoying, then quit going, its no skin off my nose whatsoever. But my God, just have the honesty to quit and not try and justify it being about how much it costs, or how much you don''t like the CEO.For the record, a bad day at the football, for me, is better than not being there at all.

The last point stands. If you''re calling people ''fickle'' for how they choose to support their team then you and him are no different.

You obviously do have a problem with people making a choice as you said ''expect to called fickle.'' If it didn''t bother you then you wouldn''t feel the need to say.

Also you don''t know why anyone would chose to stop going. For me cost, time and enjoyment all play a part. If the enjoyment goes down the money and time suddenly seems less worth it.

[quote user="king canary"]The last point stands. If you''re calling people ''fickle'' for how they choose to support their team then you and him are no different.

You obviously do have a problem with people making a choice as you said ''expect to called fickle.'' If it didn''t bother you then you wouldn''t feel the need to say.

Also you don''t know why anyone would chose to stop going. For me cost, time and enjoyment all play a part. If the enjoyment goes down the money and time suddenly seems less worth it.[/quote]The difference is I pay my money and do my time on the terraces, giving me a far greater right to an informed opinion.I guess you just care about your football a lot less than I do.

Yeah that''s it, you just care more...

It''s not like I''ve had a season ticket for 17 years.

Or that for the last 7 years it takes me two hours each way to get the game.

But yeah, clearly I don''t care as much as you...

Fantastic argument.

[quote user="king canary"]Yeah that''s it, you just care more...

It''s not like I''ve had a season ticket for 17 years.

Or that for the last 7 years it takes me two hours each way to get the game.

But yeah, clearly I don''t care as much as you...

Fantastic argument.[/quote]Which you reply to telling me how much of a better fan you are than me.Brilliant[:D]