Sign in to follow this  
morty

Here's a question.....

Yes of course I would go, how many fans will go a lifetime and never have the opportunity to see their club at Wembley? In 2015 I got to see my club not just at Wembley but winning and lifting a trophy, you can''t miss moments like that as a fan.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="hogesar"]Surely LDC it depends what you''re doing on the day?[/quote]For days like that, there is no exeception.Wasn''t old enough to go in 73, but went in 75, 85 and  Cardiff in 2002 and of course 2015.  I''ll be there.......as long as the team is too.  [:S]  [/quote]
You''ve posted some rubbish over the years Lakey but this.......
[;)]
[/quote]Spot on Nutty.If LDC''s old enough for free prescriptions he''s old enough to have got his backside down Wembley Way in ''73....Talk about part-timer....[;)]

Wasn''t old enough in 73

Nutty Nigel wrote - you''ve posted some rubbish over the years Lakey but this.......

17. I wanted to go but my parents put their feet down! (Don''t think they could afford it).

[quote user="lake district canary"]Wasn''t old enough in 73

Nutty Nigel wrote - you''ve posted some rubbish over the years Lakey but this.......

17. I wanted to go but my parents put their feet down! (Don''t think they could afford it).[/quote]
I was 16 Lakey. Had to pay my own way though.
That''s the advantage of being a bog cleaning bingo caller. You get your independence that much sooner[;)]

[quote user="Barclay seats 48/49 the 3rd"]Ffs ! I used to hitch hike to away games at 14 years old !

17 yrs and your mum won''t let you go ?? Was that nothing to do with the distance too ?

Lifetime plastic 🙄

Sound of nail being hit on the head

Nothing hugely sinister about the thread, it was patently obvious as to where it was going.In these times of people moaning about prices being too high for cup games, season ticket increases that never happened, boycotts, non renewal etc, the thread was just to see if people who don''t go to matches, for whatever reason, would suddenly cherry pick a big one if it came along, a few didn''t let me down.Its about a lot of fickle that has spread to our fanbase. "Worst time ever as a Norwich City fan?" Give over. Its been far, far worse than this.I wonder how many will suddenly be interested again if Arsenal come to Carrow road?

[quote user="morty"]Nothing hugely sinister about the thread, it was patently obvious as to where it was going.In these times of people moaning about prices being too high for cup games........ I wonder how many will suddenly be interested again if Arsenal come to Carrow road?[/quote]May not be as many as you might think if they pitch the price too high.Live TV, their reserves, probable loss........sounds pretty unappealing put like that.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"]Nothing hugely sinister about the thread, it was patently obvious as to where it was going.In these times of people moaning about prices being too high for cup games........ I wonder how many will suddenly be interested again if Arsenal come to Carrow road?[/quote]May not be as many as you might think if they pitch the price too high.Live TV, their reserves, probable loss........sounds pretty unappealing put like that.[/quote]See you there then[Y]

[quote user="morty"]Nothing hugely sinister about the thread, it was patently obvious as to where it was going.In these times of people moaning about prices being too high for cup games, season ticket increases that never happened, boycotts, non renewal etc, the thread was just to see if people who don''t go to matches, for whatever reason, would suddenly cherry pick a big one if it came along, a few didn''t let me down.Its about a lot of fickle that has spread to our fanbase. "Worst time ever as a Norwich City fan?" Give over. Its been far, far worse than this.I wonder how many will suddenly be interested again if Arsenal come to Carrow road?[/quote]

Think it depends on why you''ve had enough, I''ve been through worse but there was always a connection and a feeling of change round the corner. It''s not just City it''s football in general for me now, I''ve just lost the love for it after 40 years, it''s time for me.

But you only need to look at Plymouth, they average something like 6 thousand max for home games yet they took 9 thousand to Anfield, these type of events will always generate bigger attendances so not really sure what your point is Morty?

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="morty"]Nothing hugely sinister about the thread, it was patently obvious as to where it was going.In these times of people moaning about prices being too high for cup games, season ticket increases that never happened, boycotts, non renewal etc, the thread was just to see if people who don''t go to matches, for whatever reason, would suddenly cherry pick a big one if it came along, a few didn''t let me down.Its about a lot of fickle that has spread to our fanbase. "Worst time ever as a Norwich City fan?" Give over. Its been far, far worse than this.I wonder how many will suddenly be interested again if Arsenal come to Carrow road?[/quote]

Think it depends on why you''ve had enough, I''ve been through worse but there was always a connection and a feeling of change round the corner. It''s not just City it''s football in general for me now, I''ve just lost the love for it after 40 years, it''s time for me.

But you only need to look at Plymouth, they average something like 6 thousand max for home games yet they took 9 thousand to Anfield, these type of events will always generate bigger attendances so not really sure what your point is Morty?[/quote]Absolutely your decision.But if we get promoted, and you''re clamouring to get your season ticket back, you''re getting called fickle.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Wasn''t old enough in 73

17. I wanted to go but my parents put their feet down! (Don''t think they could afford it).[/quote]You really do leave yourself wide open sometimes LDC. [:$]Would''ve saved yourself a whole load of grief if you''d simply said you couldn''t go.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="lake district canary"]Wasn''t old enough in 73

17. I wanted to go but my parents put their feet down! (Don''t think they could afford it).[/quote]You really do leave yourself wide open sometimes LDC. [:$]Would''ve saved yourself a whole load of grief if you''d simply said you couldn''t go. [/quote]

Yep, maybe.  But my memory has always been that not being 18, I  was not old enough to make the decision for myself, hence me saying "I was not old enough", because that is how I''ve always viewed it.

Things have been way way worse than they are now but I guess people''s attitudes are a reaction to the massive turn from being a prem club to being top of the league in the championship to being midtable fodder in the championship in relegation format. That topped with the Delia interview regarding ownership (which was generally correct but probably the wrong time to air those views) has created a level of disillusionment which doesn''t quite match the real position of the club.

[quote user="morty"]But if we get promoted, and you''re clamouring to get your season ticket back, you''re getting called fickle.[/quote]
Sadly I don''t think he has anything to worry about on that front, we''re not going to be promoted.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Indy"][quote user="morty"]Nothing hugely sinister about the thread, it was patently obvious as to where it was going.In these times of people moaning about prices being too high for cup games, season ticket increases that never happened, boycotts, non renewal etc, the thread was just to see if people who don''t go to matches, for whatever reason, would suddenly cherry pick a big one if it came along, a few didn''t let me down.Its about a lot of fickle that has spread to our fanbase. "Worst time ever as a Norwich City fan?" Give over. Its been far, far worse than this.I wonder how many will suddenly be interested again if Arsenal come to Carrow road?[/quote]

But you only need to look at Plymouth, they average something like 6 thousand max for home games yet they took 9 thousand to Anfield, these type of events will always generate bigger attendances so not really sure what your point is Morty?[/quote]Absolutely your decision.But if we get promoted, and you''re clamouring to get your season ticket back, you''re getting called fickle.[/quote]

Call me what you like, but it''ll take a few years out to get my enthusiasm for it all back.

Not saying I''ll stop following or not be listening, but just not spending 4 thousand a year on something which doesn''t bring me or my wife the joy it once did.

But I still not sure what your point is as Wembley playoff is a very different event which will attract thousands who might never bother to go to Carrow Road in their lifetime.

Relegation form, that should say.

Which leads me to a much more important point. Decided to go for the Samsung S7 edge and it''s a beautiful phone but it''s autocorrect is more intrusive that having your home burgled whilst you lay in bed upstairs.

[quote user="hogesar"]Relegation form, that should say.

Which leads me to a much more important point. Decided to go for the Samsung S7 edge and it''s a beautiful phone but it''s autocorrect is more intrusive that having your home burgled whilst you lay in bed upstairs.[/quote]Great phone, same as I have. And I totally funfair about the asparagus.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"]Nothing hugely sinister about the thread, it was patently obvious as to where it was going.In these times of people moaning about prices being too high for cup games........ I wonder how many will suddenly be interested again if Arsenal come to Carrow road?[/quote]May not be as many as you might think if they pitch the price too high.Live TV, their reserves, probable loss........sounds pretty unappealing put like that.[/quote]See you there then[Y][/quote][:D]

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Indy"][quote user="morty"]Nothing hugely sinister about the thread, it was patently obvious as to where it was going.In these times of people moaning about prices being too high for cup games, season ticket increases that never happened, boycotts, non renewal etc, the thread was just to see if people who don''t go to matches, for whatever reason, would suddenly cherry pick a big one if it came along, a few didn''t let me down.Its about a lot of fickle that has spread to our fanbase. "Worst time ever as a Norwich City fan?" Give over. Its been far, far worse than this.I wonder how many will suddenly be interested again if Arsenal come to Carrow road?[/quote]

But you only need to look at Plymouth, they average something like 6 thousand max for home games yet they took 9 thousand to Anfield, these type of events will always generate bigger attendances so not really sure what your point is Morty?[/quote]Absolutely your decision.But if we get promoted, and you''re clamouring to get your season ticket back, you''re getting called fickle.[/quote]

Call me what you like, but it''ll take a few years out to get my enthusiasm for it all back.

Not saying I''ll stop following or not be listening, but just not spending 4 thousand a year on something which doesn''t bring me or my wife the joy it once did.

But I still not sure what your point is as Wembley playoff is a very different event which will attract thousands who might never bother to go to Carrow Road in their lifetime.[/quote]Will your enthusiasm be reinvigorated if our league position is higher?My overall point is the levels of fickle have become ridiculous. It wasn''t this bad after years of clinging onto the Championship, then finally getting relegated to league one.People seem to have forgotten how to take the rough with the smooth.

I''m not convinced about all this. I think you''re getting played bigtime Morty. The loss of love of going to games appears to coincided with an increased love of posting on here...

[quote user="hogesar"]Relegation form, that should say.

Which leads me to a much more important point. Decided to go for the Samsung S7 edge and it''s a beautiful phone but it''s autocorrect is more intrusive that having your home burgled whilst you lay in bed upstairs.[/quote]Especially if they fancy a rummage through your knickers drawer......