Sign in to follow this  
The Raptor

2 years ago

So this time two years ago I was off to my first game with Alex Neil as manager. (that''s what facebook says anyway and I can''t be bothered to check it''s right)Nor can I be bothered to look up how far off the top 6 we were then?Anyone know?

[quote user="The Raptor"]So this time two years ago I was off to my first game with Alex Neil as manager. (that''s what facebook says anyway and I can''t be bothered to check it''s right)Nor can I be bothered to look up how far off the top 6 we were then?Anyone know?[/quote]From memory, we were actually in a similar position.

I had a quick search but couldn''t find anything to easily dissect the info, I''d be surprised if we''re not worse off this time around than last time. I''m sure we didn''t drop off that badly!

When AN was announced we were 7th and 3 points off a play-off place.

So uhh...quite a lot worse off now.

[quote user="hogesar"]When AN was announced we were 7th and 3 points off a play-off place.

So uhh...quite a lot worse off now.[/quote]5 points being "quite a lot" is kinda up for debate....

So we are currently 6 points behind where we were last time and back in 2015 we were about to go on a very impressive run of wins, so I don''t see us replicating our points tally from then but I do see that we still have a chance to sneak back into the play offs.

[quote user="Ginja"]So we are currently 6 points behind where we were last time and back in 2015 we were about to go on a very impressive run of wins, so I don''t see us replicating our points tally from then but I do see that we still have a chance to sneak back into the play offs.[/quote]I agree.The run has to start soon though.....

I think you need to hit at least 70 points for a play off spot, probably more.
12 wins from 20 required IMO.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="hogesar"]When AN was announced we were 7th and 3 points off a play-off place.

So uhh...quite a lot worse off now.[/quote]5 points being "quite a lot" is kinda up for debate....[/quote]
I think in the sense of play-offs at this stage of the season 8 points rather than 3 is quite a big gap to bridge.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="morty"][quote user="hogesar"]When AN was announced we were 7th and 3 points off a play-off place.

So uhh...quite a lot worse off now.[/quote]5 points being "quite a lot" is kinda up for debate....[/quote]
I think in the sense of play-offs at this stage of the season 8 points rather than 3 is quite a big gap to bridge.
[/quote]Obviously it isn''t ideal, but its not at the stage where it is insurmountable.Not far off mind.

[quote user="Ginja"]I think you need to hit at least 70 points for a play off spot, probably more.
12 wins from 20 required IMO.
[/quote]

No problem given the present team who weekly quote in the EEN how things most improve.

More chance of me winning the Lottery than this crowd of has beens making the playoffs

Another point of note is that that year at this time we were just 8 points from the top spot. This year we are a massive 18 points adrift.

Mind the gap.

Yeah I agree Morty definitely in with a shout but would require an instant turnaround short term which is why a new manager is probably worth the gamble.

And Broadstairs I don''t think anyone thinks automatics are possible now.

Yes I realise that Hogesar, just thought that it was quite a surprising statistic.

It suggests that the better sides are stronger this season than two seasons ago ... and that little bit more for us to get upset about.