Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Looks like a midfielder of Godfrey and Grant tomorrow night then but.....

unbelievably Maddison is apparently ineligible because his registration was not transferred back in time. That sounds like more amateurish behaviour to me but there you go. Disappointing as I would like to see him play against decent opposition but will be interesting to see what the other kids can do.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]unbelievably Maddison is apparently ineligible because his registration was not transferred back in time. That sounds like more amateurish behaviour to me but there you go. Disappointing as I would like to see him play against decent opposition but will be interesting to see what the other kids can do.[/quote]Is that definitely the reason Jim?

That''s what the clubs article says. because he was still registered to Aberdeen at the date of the first leg. Bit strange though as he''d been back with us for 3 days and Neil explained his non selection on the basis of it being unfair on others to bring him straight in.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]That''s what the clubs article says. because he was still registered to Aberdeen at the date of the first leg. Bit strange though as he''d been back with us for 3 days and Neil explained his non selection on the basis of it being unfair on others to bring him straight in.[/quote]I saw speculation as to the reason, but didn''t know the club had confirmed this.Hardly amateurish though, is it?

Well its not great is it? We are now prevented from playing him in a game where we basically have no available midfielders it appears because someone was slow to deal with the paperwork.

Not quite sure why you need to re-register a player if their loan has come to an end though. you would think it would just automatically revert.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Well its not great is it? We are now prevented from playing him in a game where we basically have no available midfielders it appears because someone was slow to deal with the paperwork.

Not quite sure why you need to re-register a player if their loan has come to an end though. you would think it would just automatically revert.[/quote]Could it have been Aberdeen''s fault Jim?

As far as I remember, and this was many years ago, you have to register your players for FA competitions at some point prior to your first game and can''t change that squad for any replay. You could then register further players in for later rounds as long as they aren''t cup tied.

could be ours, aberdeen or the FAs fault.

But as an attacking central midfielder was he ever in line for the defensive midfield positions - or further accusations of playing people out of position?

Glad we cleared that up, so we can put that particular stick away.I look forward to seeing a midfield of Grant and Godfrey.Unfortunately Morris is injured, so assume we''ll probably see Lafferty up front.

[quote user="ZLF"]could be ours, aberdeen or the FAs fault.

But as an attacking central midfielder was he ever in line for the defensive midfield positions - or further accusations of playing people out of position?[/quote]Or, in point of fact, nobody''s fault. If people are constantly looking for something to blame someone for, all sorts of "faults" can be manufactured out of nothing.

Sounds right to me Nutty, as it is a replay you are supposed to use the same squad so it''s fair - you can then register new players once the tie is complete.

A shame though, as you could imagine it''s a game that Maddison would shine in.

Nah, it''s definitely got to be someone''s fault or how are we supposed to boo the right people?

And typically, as the old saying goes, whoever denied it supplied it, so i''m looking at you, westcoast. BOOOOO

Don''t think that applies anymore re having to use the same squad but you can''t play players who were not eligible for the first tie.

To be eligible the player has to be registered to play for their club in the league so I would think the delay was transferring his registration back from Aberdeen to Norwich. Probably given low priority by us because Neil wasn''t planning to use him but it still seems a bit slack to me. He should have been involved in the first game anyway in my opinion.

I don''t know the rules now Jimbo. It seems nearly every year some club falls foul of them. Anyway, if it''s a mistake our end poor old Andrew Blofield carries the can. Bet you''ve never had it in for him before....

Was reported Maddison re-joined City for training 3rd Jan, unsure if that was when loan expired or by agreement.

FA Rules on registrations below, rules 15 on FA Site. I’m not 100% sure if the “previous” Friday means the Friday before (1 day) the Saturday when most of the ties are played of 8 days if previous Friday.

(i) (i) A “registered player” is one who is either, in the case of a player under written

contract, registered with The Association or, in the case of a player without a written

contract, registered with a League in which his Club competes in the current season.

Any such registration must have been received and accepted by The Association or

League by 12 noon on the Friday previous to the date fixed for playing the Round,

and the registration must be continuous through to the date of the match. .

(ii) In order to be eligible to play in the Final, the players must have been correctly

registered and eligible for the Semi Final Round of the Competition.

(iii) An International Transfer Certificate for Players coming from overseas associations

(including Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland) takes

precedence over a Player’s registration. Therefore, this is also required by 12 noon

on the Friday previous to the date fixed for playing the Round for the Player’s

registration to be valid.

Times getting hard now for NCFC who used to stay at Southampton| Hilton now staing at 4 in a Bed Terrace House overlooking the Railway |Station.

Delia and BOD at Ibis

[quote user="hogesar"]Nah, it''s definitely got to be someone''s fault or how are we supposed to boo the right people?

And typically, as the old saying goes, whoever denied it supplied it, so i''m looking at you, westcoast. BOOOOO[/quote]

Since when has it mattered that we find the right people to boo at? Surely if we don''t know who''s fault it is we just boo Whittaker? Or Russ? Or Seb?

Looking forward to seeing Godfrey who came highly regarded and Grant who seems to have been kicking around the youth teams for several seasons working very hard but never getting much attention. Hopefully he turns out to be better than his dad!

If Lafferty is our only striker option, I really hope we see a couple of the U18 forwards on the bench - Ashley-Seal and Jaiyesimi have looked good at youth level, cant hurt to give them 10 minutes at the end of the game unless we''re defending a 1-goal lead or something.

Very true, for the real world West coast,. But this is the pinkun so someone has to take the blame!

Did we know that there was going to be a replay? 
Admittedly a bit of an oversight, but it''s hardly earth-shattering that we didn''t transfer his registration for a game we knew he wasn''t playing in.

I was just about to post the same thing Dr G. If he doesn''t make the squad for this match, he really never will and I think it will be AN signalling his intent to never pick him again.

[quote user="ZLF"]Very true, for the real world West coast,. But this is the pinkun so someone has to take the blame![/quote] [:D] The disturbing thing, ZLF, is that the Pinkun IS real life .......... 

But if Madison did play against saints, and had a decent game, they''d probably sign him. So safety first for me.