Sign in to follow this  
Pinks

Big Mick

Appalled to see that folk down South want him out. He''s doing a great job!

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/is_it_time_for_ipswich_town_boss_mick_mccarthy_to_go_1_4853292

Vote now

It will be interesting to see what happen at the next home game. Bedsheets being held up with slogans  ''we wont r club bac'', groups of sullen farmhands mutterings in corners or a continuation of the boycotting of poorman road.Perhaps there will be an appeal against their Championship ''whole of life'' sentence whereby they are doomed to end their miserable days in the second tier.

[quote user="Morgan"]If Mick left, they''d get relegated.[/quote]

I agree. I also think if Mick had been here this season we would be comfortably challenging for the top 2...

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Hank shoots Skyler"]In fairness I''m sure he''d do a better job here than AN is at the moment..[/quote]

[Y][/quote]Yes, he would get rid of that wasteful youth policy we have.Sign a few more senior players, and would help save our pitch by keeping the ball of it as well.Watching the game last night I was stunned by the binners simple and direct technique"Hoof it off, chuck it inhave a good bit of hoofingkeep it highdesperate rushglorious history will all cry Up with the ball binners..............

By the amount of empty seats at Poorman rd, i thought they were boycotting the place already.

PS MM is doing a great job with very limited resources. If 1p5wich do get shot of him , his next Club will be a bigger one than them, they don''t know when they have it good, there are very few Managers out there that could do what he has done with them, they even made the playoffs last year , remember.

I guess this wailing about us being better off under Mick fits in with the previous wailing about us being better off under the boy mucus.

Be careful what you wail for....

nutty nigel wrote:

''''I guess this wailing about us being better off under Mick fits in with the previous wailing about us being better off under the boy mucus.

Be careful what you wail for....''''

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Is that a legitimate comparison?

McCarthy has consistently managed to get a very poor side performing to more than the sum of their parts, on an absolute shoestring budget, whilst losing his best players without any notable reinvestment.

On the flip side we probably have the second best squad in the league yet have shown relegation form for over a quarter of the season now..

Do you really think McCarthy would come here and not be able to do better with this team than AN is at the moment? If so, why on Earth not?

Straight answers only..

I agree with you river, am sure he could do a better job and would have got more out of a £50 million spend.

I think it''s obvious Mick is a better manager than AN but would you really enjoy watching that style of football?

Not massively.... but what''s our style of football been under AN the last 13 games? Right now I''d rather that than continue in this downward trajectory! Plus seeing as we have players capable of playing football - unlike Ipswich - I''d imagine there''d be at least a slight improvement in the style of play.

Ah well, here''s hoping!

#mickin #neilout #wewantmick #carelesswhisper

[quote user="Hank shoots Skyler"]nutty nigel wrote:

''''I guess this wailing about us being better off under Mick fits in with the previous wailing about us being better off under the boy mucus.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

McCarthy has consistently managed to get a very poor side performing to more than the sum of their parts, on an absolute shoestring budget, whilst losing his best players without any notable reinvestment.

On the flip side we probably have the second best squad in the league yet have shown relegation form for over a quarter of the season now..

Do you really think McCarthy would come here and not be able to do better with this team than AN is at the moment? If so, why on Earth not?

Straight answers only..[/quote]
Pretty fair comparison. We had wailing on here because Evans went to the binners and Delia didn''t entertain him. We have wailing about them having McCarthey and us having Neil.
A couple of days ago we had wailing about City Fans laughing at their transfer targets. In the late 70s early 80s when they really were better than us we didn''t have all the waling we get now because whatever they had they would never be us.

[quote user="Hank shoots Skyler"]nutty nigel wrote:

Straight answers only..[/quote]Nonsense. Their wage bill is way beyond what they take in income.Was MM has done is wrung the last drops out of each player, with no thought for the future. There is virtually a non existent youth set up ....in the sense of developing player.For every high waged old hasbeen MM ha dragged in,City have been spending heavily on the like of Thompson, Maddison, McGrandles, Godfrey and have brought on the Murphys, Toffolo, Mathews. Morris.Last night should have been a reminder of what MM considers is football