Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Angus MacDonald

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich_city_make_bid_for_barnsley_defender_angus_macdonald_1_4853570

With a name like that, he''s got to be top of ANs transfer list.

Anyone know what he is like? Not one I''m familiar with.

[quote user="greavsy"]http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich_city_make_bid_for_barnsley_defender_angus_macdonald_1_4853570

With a name like that, he''s got to be top of ANs transfer list.

Anyone know what he is like? Not one I''m familiar with.[/quote]Released by Reading a couple of years ago after they confirmed his contract would not be renewed!

A young lad, released by a league club, gets a shock and either responds or disappears.. maybe he''s one of the former type.

Barnsley have a good pedigree for central defenders too.

I''ll give him a chance rather than right him off before he gets here... assuming Luke Shaw doesn''t want to come here!

Youth? 24 Years Old - Tick

Pedigree? Recognised @ England youth - Tick

Towering Centre Back? Yup - Tick

Looks decent to me

[quote user="TCCANARY"]6ft 3ins.Big Mac!

[/quote]Yes big lad, but in 18 appearances has not scored this season. Although  (as a defender) he will not be bought for his goal scoring ability, if he was any good in the air you would expect somebody of that size to have converted at least one corner in 18 matches. That''s all part of the central defenders brief these days.

Anyways, it''s good to see Norwich making serious big money offers for players.

What do you mean we only bid £5 and someone else will buy him next week for £500,000?

At 24 a good age, 1.5 million a good fee and looks like the type of playerneeded, something to prove, so will be more motivated than others we have sitting on 40k a week.

Would be a decent signing if we can believe it, hopefully will go through.

Nice to return to a decent strategy and not look at the older ex premiership CB on the cheap.

In principle sounds good trouble is confidence in our transfer strategy is so low and fragile actual signings who are actually fit selected and play well means jury is out for me

[quote user="Derby Canary"][quote user="TCCANARY"]6ft 3ins.Big Mac!

[/quote]Yes big lad, but in 18 appearances has not scored this season. Although  (as a defender) he will not be bought for his goal scoring ability, if he was any good in the air you would expect somebody of that size to have converted at least one corner in 18 matches. That''s all part of the central defenders brief these days.[/quote]

Typical Norwich City supporter idiot - looking for a defender to be more of a striker. There are so many idiot supporters like this, no wonder they get the club they deserve. This is precisely why the club goes and buys defenders who don''t defend (ie. Pinto) because there are idiot supporters about who encourage them to do so.

When are supporters and the club going to learn their lesson? That you have to build a side from the back with solid defenders who can defend for defending''s sake. Does anyone want a hotline to Hansen and Lawrenson? They will tell you what football is all about and how you get to success.

Hardly going to get too excited at this guy - he is a ''rock'' in a Barnsley defence that has conceded 39 goals in 26 games this season. Can anyone think of another team who can boast exactly the same lack of defensive ability by any chance?

[quote user="Ivana_rubyatitz"]Hardly going to get too excited at this guy - he is a ''rock'' in a Barnsley defence that has conceded 39 goals in 26 games this season. Can anyone think of another team who can boast exactly the same lack of defensive ability by any chance?

[/quote]

Exactly. The Barnsley defence is as bad as the one at Norwich.

Is this is the Ricky Martin recruitment department at full throttle?

Or Delia''s slapstick sense of humour at full throttle?

[quote user="norfolkngood"]IF he comes here who will he replace ?

my money is Klose

who will be sold[/quote]

Well you can take your pick on that one because none of the current central defenders is any good.

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="norfolkngood"]IF he comes here who will he replace ?

my money is Klose

who will be sold[/quote]

Well you can take your pick on that one because none of the current central defenders is any good.[/quote]Your lot didn''t look too sharp against Lincoln last night either Vinnie........

I would be quite happy to have this player from noting his cv.

WE have to cut our cloth according to our means and he seems a good honest, developing pro who could turn out to be a gem.

It''s hardly unusual for lower league players to succeed at a higher level ... a few have done at 1p5wich in recent years. Then , of course there are the Vardy/Alli examples.

It seems our only chance of making a so called "big" signing this window will be if we sell Brady, and pronto.

One things for sure, he''s not going to break the bank in either his fee or his wage bill.

He''ll likely be highly self-motivated and the rest will be up to the rather chequered talents of Alex Neil to bring him on.

We will have to get used to this tactical change as far as signings go. Not so much looking at the expensive players any more rather more delving in the bargain basement.

Having said all that, I wouldn''t rate the signing if we were still a PL club, but we are not.

Rather have Cody McDonald...

(Sorry. Had to be done.)

He sounds OK to be fair, but doesn''t exactly set the pulse racing. Wouldn''t be at all upset if we signed him; wouldn''t be overly excited either as we should be looking at a higher level.