Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Southampton match thread

[quote user="Spillay"]To be fair, the Radio Norfolk commentary is only available on cup games, all the leagues games are only listenable on the official website. But you''re right about some of the morons who comment on the text facility, i feel sorry for Bailey having to trawl through that rubbish.[/quote]That''s why I gave up on it. The commentary got less and less. The inanity and stupidity more and more.The official site does one which is much better. Once I found it.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="kick it off"]RN commentary only available through CanariesPlayer online for league games. It''s there, but it is a paid service (I pay for it). Not to nitpick, but just clarifying a bit as you made it sound free.[/quote]Not to nitpick either but you''re wrong.Every NCFC game can be found here, and for free.  http://www.ustream.tv/channel/norwichfirst[/quote]*Most games.  It''s quite a bit behind the live due to the way it''s broadcast.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"] It''s quite a bit behind the live due to the way it''s broadcast.[/quote]Just had the Radio & the stream on at the same time, it''s less than a minute behind.As for "most" games I''ve only ever known it not to work once.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Not for those who are not in range of a radio commentary and either cannot watch streams or choose, for any number of reasons, not to.[/quote]The Radio Norfolk commentary is on the internet every game. I assume the people who use the text facilty have internet.In that case, why would anybody want to sit there waiting for the next update, or some stupid comment from another user, when they can listen to it live.Jesus, this is 2017 and teletext became old tech 15 years ago.[/quote]the text commentary is what is also used on radios with subtitlesI believe Radio Norfolk commentary (internet) is not available outside of it''s broadcasting areathe old teleprinter on the BBC  4.40pm Sats was great as it was operated by someone with a stutter, so you would get half of a result then have to wait a second or two before the rest appeared

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"] It''s quite a bit behind the live due to the way it''s broadcast.[/quote]Just had the Radio & the stream on at the same time, it''s less than a minute behind.As for "most" games I''ve only ever known it not to work once.[/quote]It not so much a case of it not working.  If it''s not broadcasting it''s usually because the person who does it is otherwise engaged.

Thanks for the info, all. As it happens I don''t enjoy listening to matches on the radio, and it isn''t really convenient for me anyway, so I will keep on taking an anxious look at Bailey''s coverage every 10 or 15 minutes.

[quote user="Billy Banter"]I believe Radio Norfolk commentary (internet) is not available outside of it''s broadcasting area[/quote]Seems to be a complete misunderstanding on here about Radio commentary on here.Radio Norfolk do not broadcast live League Games over the internet except Cup games.However, there is another site (not Canary Player) that does broadcast the commentary of all NCFC games and it is available Worldwide - that''s because it''s on the internet [;)]Go back in this thread, click on the link I posted & try it for yourselves.It workswcorkcanary gets it.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="keelansgrandad"]New AN tactic.

It''s a cup game lads so let''s sit back and play for a draw.[/quote]Have you given any serious thought to how we might actually win this? Pretend you are the manager and tell us what side you would have put out, and give us a realistic assessment of it''s chances of winning the match. And remember, it can''t be drawn since it would be decided by penalties. Go on, you know you can.[/quote]

My first thought would be that we could do with a bit of a tonic after yet another poor performance.

I would be pretty certain that Saints have one eye on their League Cup 2nd leg and would be putting out nearly a reserve side.

I would have trusted the players to want to win the match and would have selected an attacking team as I could.

I have no idea who is really injured or not but cannot see why both Murphys, Naismith could not have played tonight.

And I would say I am not going to be a boring coward every time I select a team and the tactics I ask it to play.

But there again, if the majority are prepared to put up with inferiority week after week, who am I to argue.

If we aren''t good enough, and I don''t think we really are as good as some believe, then I can accept us not doing well.

But to go out believing we can win a one off with a back five and a striker who is wanted, is hoping for some magic that even Dynamo couldn''t produce.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Billy Banter"]I believe Radio Norfolk commentary (internet) is not available outside of it''s broadcasting area[/quote]Seems to be a complete misunderstanding on here about Radio commentary on here.Radio Norfolk do not broadcast live League Games over the internet except Cup games.However, there is another site (not Canary Player) that does broadcast the commentary of all NCFC games and it is available Worldwide - that''s because it''s on the internet [;)]Go back in this thread, click on the link I posted & try it for yourselves.It workswcorkcanary gets it.[/quote]It''s really clever stuff.  It''s done by some bloke with a microphone next to his radio broadcasting on tinternet!  Done purely for the benefit of exiles.  A top bloke he is!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]It''s really clever stuff.  It''s done by some bloke with a microphone next to his radio broadcasting on tinternet!  Done purely for the benefit of exiles.  A top bloke he is![/quote]It shows 210 listeners tonightJesus, Canos has just come on

Despite living in the SW corner of an Island, off another Island, which is itself off the coast of mainland Europe, we have v good 4G broadband on mobile. i often fish for me supper and listen to City live thanks to the guy that bothers to broadcast it. Norwichfirst, i salute you.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Billy Banter"]I believe Radio Norfolk commentary (internet) is not available outside of it''s broadcasting area[/quote]Seems to be a complete misunderstanding on here about Radio commentary on here.Radio Norfolk do not broadcast live League Games over the internet except Cup games.However, there is another site (not Canary Player) that does broadcast the commentary of all NCFC games and it is available Worldwide - that''s because it''s on the internet [;)]Go back in this thread, click on the link I posted & try it for yourselves.It workswcorkcanary gets it.[/quote]that was my pointI''m aware of the other source as I have used it a couple of times for away games when working away

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Billy Banter"]I believe Radio Norfolk commentary (internet) is not available outside of it''s broadcasting area[/quote]Seems to be a complete misunderstanding on here about Radio commentary on here.Radio Norfolk do not broadcast live League Games over the internet except Cup games.However, there is another site (not Canary Player) that does broadcast the commentary of all NCFC games and it is available Worldwide - that''s because it''s on the internet [;)]Go back in this thread, click on the link I posted & try it for yourselves.It workswcorkcanary gets it.[/quote]Certainly is a lot of misunderstanding on here [:D]  And yes, I listen to the commentaries streamed by norwichfirst on ustream here in California, no problem. Worldwide? Not sure about Morty aboard his ship relying on a 2MB connection, and maybe it''s censored in China and Iran .......... !

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Canos for Lafferty?

What?[/quote]AN has told him to go and score a better goal than the one for Brentford he boasted about recently. Cometh the hour ........

wcorkcanary wrote the following post at 2017-01-19 1:31 AM:

Didnt know Chris Suttons dad played for city too.

Yep. Mike Sutton. Also played cricket for the county too.