Sign in to follow this  
Lewis DW

Bamford to Middlesbrough

I read this morning that Patrick Bamford is meant to be joining Middlesbrough for £10,000,000!

TEN MILLION POUNDS?!!!!

FOR PATRICK BAMFORD?

HAS THE WORLD GONE MAD!!!!?!!????

Now, don''t get me wrong - I didn''t mind him as a player, there may be some talent there that Karanka can ''activate'' but £10 million for a 23/24 year whose barely played in 2-odd years is mental!

Are Middlesbrough basing their player valuations on the Chinese market?! Jeez!

Under this logic, me, as a 49 year old, after two cruciate ligament ops, should still be worth about 2 million.

Nah you guys are reading it wrong, that figure is clearly 10 thousandy hundred.

To be fair, it''s said to be £6m upfront which isn''t bad in the current market for a young promising British player.

Correct me if I''m wrong, but I do believe he hasn''t scored a league goal since 2015!

I don''t believe he has ever played first team football for Chelsea and they reap £10m.

Is this a first?

They''ve also had loan fees from the likes of us and his wages paid for a lot of the time as well.

In true Alex Neil style his costly loan spell at Carrow Road was characterised by a bit of in out, in out until he hardly kicked a ball in anger for us.

He showed glimpses of class , but never had the opportunity to thrive.

More waste.

04/01/2017, 3:41 PM

Parma Ham''s gone mouldy is not online. Last active: 15/01/2017 15:47:54 Parma Ham''s gone mouldy

Not Ranked

Joined on 13/11/2003

Posts 1,068

Re: Incoming players - Rumour mill

Patrick has a huge amount to offer.

I have great sympathy with him and his difficulties in fitting in with the football environment.

He has made mistakes and could perhaps have compromised more - without changing himself and who he is - though I would argue that his (relative) failure to justify his talent is a salutary example of much of what is wrong with the current English football system and environment.

Patrick Bamford would have been (and may yet be) a great success in another country or - I genuinely hope - with a different British club.

Parma

[quote user="Parma Hams gone mouldy"]04/01/2017, 3:41 PM

Parma Ham''s gone mouldy is not online. Last active: 15/01/2017 15:47:54 Parma Ham''s gone mouldy

Not Ranked

Joined on 13/11/2003

Posts 1,068

Re: Incoming players - Rumour mill

Patrick has a huge amount to offer.

I have great sympathy with him and his difficulties in fitting in with the football environment.

He has made mistakes and could perhaps have compromised more - without changing himself and who he is - though I would argue that his (relative) failure to justify his talent is a salutary example of much of what is wrong with the current English football system and environment.

Patrick Bamford would have been (and may yet be) a great success in another country or - I genuinely hope - with a different British club.

Parma[/quote]Do you genuinely think he''s worth 10 million smackers though?

[quote user="Parma Hams gone mouldy"]I think it''s a good time for Chelsea to look like powerful negotiators and for Middlesboro to look ambitious....

Parma[/quote][Y]

Disclosed transfer fees between obliging clubs can be more about PR presentation than poundnotes...conditional clauses that may be well beyond the bounds of rational likelihood are useful tools is such circumstances..

Parma

[quote user="Lewis DW"]I read this morning that Patrick Bamford is meant to be joining Middlesbrough for £10,000,000!

TEN MILLION POUNDS?!!!!

FOR PATRICK BAMFORD?

HAS THE WORLD GONE MAD!!!!?!!????

Now, don''t get me wrong - I didn''t mind him as a player, there may be some talent there that Karanka can ''activate'' but £10 million for a 23/24 year whose barely played in 2-odd years is mental!

Are Middlesbrough basing their player valuations on the Chinese market?! Jeez![/quote]was that a copy of his proposed contractor just some speculation in some media sourceif it is the latter than it may not be the world has gone mad but that certain parts of it are extremely gullible